Location Labs

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tasso Roumeliotis

LL provides opportunities for those distant to the Tech World

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

Pros- Slack hours of operations
    - Excellent Project managers that oversee work and guide each individual through their tasks.
    - Easy going environment, with plenty of warm and embracing individuals

Cons- Opportunities for advancement:
    This is one of the the cornerstones of the company. However, you may find yourself stuck in that position for a while.
    - Directional problems:
    I found that due to the amount of projects and managers, one could be bogged down in work and not know the priorities at hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish better communication between the various departments' managers and leads.

A growing company that gives you the freedom to grow with it

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

ProsThe best thing about this company is it has great people. You will like working with your coworkers, and together they make a great atmosphere and work environment. There is still a small company feel despite being an established, profitable company. There are good perks, such as a gym, catered lunch on Fridays, subsidized cell phone bill, and much more. Most of all, this is a great place to learn and develop in your career. There are many opportunities to advance internally, and even change departments if you wish. You will be given the opportunity to succeed.

ConsLocation Labs works with major cell phone carriers, as partners. However, it often does not feel like a partnership but instead like you must do what the carriers desire. There is also a certain amount of missed opportunity and slow product movement, in part due to this relationship. Occasionally there is a lack of organization and infrastructure. Automated processes are still being introduced and need to be developed more fully.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the small company spirit as you grow. Focus on quality engineering hires. Invest heavily in automation.

Challenge and opportunity - the best a young professional could hope for...

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

ProsDespite being quite a sizable company now, Location Labs has not lost sight of its startup roots - working hard always seems to pay off in troves.

I face complex problems every day, and my project list never seems to get shorter, but I constantly feel encouraged to attempt to achieve the impossible by embracing the challenges. I have never before felt so simultaneously trusted, empowered, and challenged by a job.

Along that thread, I'm impressed at how incredibly supportive the company is of projects and initiatives. Management is happy to lend its support and resources. I have never been told "no" to a good idea - but am almost always asked "But how can we do that better or more efficiently?"

Lastly, my immediate team in particular, but the Location Labs team in general, is filled with talent and character. I have never been surrounded by more capable and dedicated people in my life. We're a winning team and it shows.

ConsWe sometimes still communicate as if only 20 people work here. It's usually not an issue, but on bigger projects, a little more formalized processes would speed things along.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep guiding us through the transition to becoming a larger and larger company. I'm excited to see how Location Labs handles our continued growth.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsStartup environment,
    you get opportunity to work with smart people.
    Good growth chances.
    If you have any problem you can talk to any one even Engineering head/ VP/ CTO. They are ready to listen any time.

ConsNot formalized process,
    no cubicle,
    Since the company is in growing phase, there are lots of changes now and then.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould focus more on formalizing the process.
    Should focus on other product/project also to diversify the company protfolio .

High Potential player but moving slowly & Cautiously.

Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsI have not written for any of my ex company where I have worked, however I am compelled to write about Location labs. I can surely write some adjectives like super culture, excellent skills and cool environment. I also wants to give you more in-depth details as to why LL ( Location Labs) is among the top rated companies to work for. Few good reasons

1) Probably a very few companies developing Products for Windows8, Android, iphone and HTML5 and targeting every device be it Tablet, HDPI and others

2) Product Based organization in real sense, in terms of Story boarding, Wire-frames, PRDs and Visuals with dedicated product managers contributing and accessible to engineers

3) Engineers are more valued than the CEO himself and I am not overrating it. You got to talk to any of our engineers

4) LL employees are sought out in market like anything right from FB to Amazon.

5) Literally every one is filled with innovative ideas and some of these proof points are shown to ATT as customers. So an engineer idea is shown directly to the consumer.

And overall, the products have potential of reaching to some exponential heights be in the space of LBS or M2M.

ConsI wish we could have launched our Products in India and everywhere. We are not that aggressive in our approach.

Okay, too many of late night calls were hampering the work-life balance, it does comes along since LL US is based on west coast.

Long term planning in terms of visibility are something needed to be looked into. and I am sure without the Product Management Team out here in India gives a very tunnel vision & may not give an entire picture of things.

Sitting away from customer i.e. US parents and carriers is not encouraging.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgain, we got to be real captive and aggressive in our market acquisition strategy.

The holistic growth plan should have Global inclusion in all terms.

A Very open cultured company and approachable senior management

Senior Human Resources Executive (Current Employee)
    Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsWork hard and party harder kind of culture.....flexibility to work, enormous opportunities to explore your potential..!!

ConsInfrastructure is not very great, but quite decent

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change the infrastructure and match the standards of market....which help this great company to even look greater.

A small but good company

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros- Ownership is respected
    - Great Learning Environment
    - A good pay master.
    - US counter parts are source of great learning
    - US Visits
    - Table Tennis and Low work load

Cons- Infrastructure
    - Free Healthy food unavailability
    - Sanitation - Average
    - No parking
    - small office

Overall a very good experience working with Location Labs!

ProsGood work culture and gives you an opportunity to grow professionally, good environment!

ConsNot as such, I am optimistic!

Advice to Senior ManagementApproachable Management

Good Experience

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsGood work, lot to learn

ConsNo onsite opportunites thus limited ineteraction

Advice to Senior ManagementNo onsite opportunites

Worked for Location Labs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Location Labs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Location Labs CEO Tasso Roumeliotis. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Location Labs employees.