Lock Search Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.1
Richard Lock

They have a great eye for talent, but they are very dishonest to their employees

I worked at Lock Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can think of none after the experience I had. I realized that everything I thought was great about the job was a tool to manipulate me in the end.

Cons

No one is honest with you from the lowest level of Management, all the way to the CEO. It is a small company, so you do have quite a bit of exposure to Richard Lock. There are no chances to improve on anything. If you aren't performing as expected (which, no one really tells you what is expected of you), they just fire you out of the blue.

Advice to Management

Instead of making your company LOOK like a fun place to work, make it BE a fun place to work.

Negative disheartening experience

I have been working at Lock Search Group

Pros

Location, parking, access to gym, many years of experience behind them, work hard play hard mentality.

Cons

I worked for LS for less than one year. I was promised that I would gain exposure to their strong client list, I would benefit from introductions to their clients and that I would have their full support in building up a brand new division. NONE of this happened I made many attempts to reach out to LS's internal recruiters for assistance that was simply put ignored. I went to upper management the same person that made all of these promises that was flat out ignored with a shrug of the shoulders because simply put this was not his problem.

Advice to Management

You have a great brand, support your employees it's the ones that are struggling that reach out and ask you for help, help them. As Kevin Spacey put it "If you're lucky enough to do well, it's your responsibility to send the elevator back down."

Over 10 years so far and very happy

I worked at Lock Search Group

Pros

Freedom to build a business. Support. Great culture.

Cons

Communications in a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

Don't forget, we got this far by supporting new ideas and running hard to make those ideas work.

A bunch of idiots who think they are a big deal

Current Intern - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Intern - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Lock Search Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

None, there are none! There are better recruiters out there, this is the worst one. Hell I'll even say Chadman is better and they are also a bunch of a-holes.

Cons

They want you to beg for the job, they don't want to help you in any way other than themselves.

Advice to Management

Send survey follow-ups after candidates go through any process working with the recruiters, you'll see how actually satisfied people are.

RSS Feed </> Embed