Lockheed Martin

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Lockheed Martin President & COO Marillyn Hewson

Marillyn Hewson

130 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very cool technologies and great people

Scientist (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat diversity of assignments, good benefits, lots of locations, complex engineering problems to solve, helpful employees and opportunities to change jobs if you want to try something different. Excellent choice for college grads wanting to learn and gain experience. Lots of responsibility available those who want it.

ConsBig company culture, regular pace of advancement. Sometimes programs can be all consuming.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse technology to diversify, develop more long term vision, and increase knowledge management programs

Program Planner

Program Planner (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsThere is an onsite Gym.

ConsManagement is ok with you moving…as long as it is within their department. It looks really bad if that manager allows too many people leave the scheduling department. I have had 3 jobs canceled on me because my Sr. manager made it extremely difficult for to leave.
    Also, the atmosphere is really bad. It is still old style management in 4 person cubes and no windows. It is a 5 minute walk to see the outdoors.
    You are expected to be at work for at least 40hrs, anything above that you can telecommute without a mother may I. However, come performance appraisal time you will be penalized for not averaging 43hrs a week.

Advice to Senior Managementupdate the facilities, boost moral and allow working from home.

Good as it gets for Big

Manufacturing (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe pay is reasonable at the lowest levels and crazy at the top levels
    Generally speaking, you get paid for the time you put in, there is no endless hours for no additional pay like you get in small companies. Big Business offers you some job definitions and work limits which can be helpful.

ConsFor the most part what ever you get hired in for (paywise)...thats what you get.
    There are no merit raises that I have ever heard of.
    A good review lets you keep your job and maybe get a 2-3% increase annually.
    Union Folks are not judged in ANY way for their performance this hurts the good performers...and allows the hideous performers to stay as long as they don't mischarge or endager someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know a lot of this is out of most Management's control...but seriously....reward the good achievers from the bottom to the top of the ranks... and somehow get rid of the ticks.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tip of the spear, great place to work!

Field & Service Technician (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsWork with cutting edge technology.

ConsSome of the time there is no work, so you get moved around.

You can get comfortable here, but if you are a dream chaser - Get in and Get out

Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee)

ProsStable
    Diverse Workforce
    Smart co-workers
    Benefits (401K, Salaried Savings, Medical Dental)
    Early and Mid Career Development Programs (LDP)

ConsNot the most inviting and enticing work facilities
    Location of some plants are good while others are down right in-humane

In Transition to a more lean workforce / expect some layoffs in non-growth business areas
    HR Management does not listen to its fellow HR employees who are entrenched in the business and know the employee population best.

This is a place where the stars are the engineers - the other functions just play a supporting role.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR Management needs to better leverage technology - to truly add value to the business
    Improve moving talent across the country

Good benefits

Value Engineer (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood benefits and retirement plan. Some have opportunities to grow. Opportunities to get involved in different company leagues

ConsCompany was subject to what is happening with economy in US and rest of the world. Company has gone through massive layoffs throughout the years. I personally did not have a good experience or good work environment, but many love the company and enjoy their jobs

Project management of IT projects.

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsIt is a good stable company to work for and I enjoy working there.

ConsVery high in bureaucracy and it takes forever to get things done that should be easy to do.

Great company, not enough opp for advancement.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsAbility to work in many departments.

ConsSlow advancement opportunity for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate opportunity.

Good place to start a career

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsInteresting product technology to work with

ConsUnfair hiring and promotion practices

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more diversity in the HR department

Many years in all aspects of IT, including, consulting, purchasing, and management.

Subcontract Administrator Senior Staff (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsProbably the best reason to work here can be the salary, training, and the ability to get paid to pursue an advanced degree. There is a great variety of vocations.

ConsIn the early years the company seemed to really care about the employees and valued their contributions which were rewarded with money and advancement. In the later years this has changed into massive rhetoric and zero reality unless you are an HR identified minority.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that most employees can see through the rhetoric. Try actually telling them the real truth. On second thought maybe not as the truth is very sad.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!

Lockheed Martin Videos

Lockheed Martin – Why Work for Us?

From our history to our international footprint, there are certain things you want to know about us as it pertains to your career. Many CAREER AREAS To Choose From Discover where your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lockheed Martin reviews and ratings in Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson. All 130 reviews posted anonymously by Lockheed Martin employees.