Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Reviews in Huntsville, AL

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Lockheed Martin President & COO Marillyn Hewson

Marillyn Hewson

Pros
  • This is really a wonderful place for a working mother - great work/life balance (in 201 reviews)

• 9/80 work schedules for many a real plus (alternate Fridays off) (in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the program your work life balance can suffer (in 46 reviews)

• This is a large company with all the usual shortfalls of management (in 68 reviews)

More Highlights
20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Up and coming.

Mechanical Engineer Asc (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsFlexible schedule and plenty of time off.

ConsPromotions are very difficult to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote employees from a level 1 to a level 2 within the first 2 years of employment.

Sheeple

IT Program Manager (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGreat Benefit package Health Dental and 401K

ConsLockheed has grown too large to care for it's employees. There is no loyalty from management to the individuals who perform the work and keep them employed on a per contract basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and stop blowing your own horns. When your lead rallies the team to accomplish great tasks, your taking credit for the accomplishment only shows what a poor leader you are, and your failure to communicate with the personnel makes me wonder why you are in the Communications Industry to begin with.

Not who they used to be

Logistics Engineer (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

Prosthere is not much good to report on the Lockheed Martin of today. Once an outstanding company to establish a career.. no longer the case.

Consadvancement is very political... it's all in who you know. Management does not take kindly to outsiders (incoming from other programs) joining their team. There isn't any teamwork at the Huntsille site. Everyone is out for themselves in fear of job security. Non military employees only have one option in Healthcare. The Company is NOT what they used to be and it shows in the morale of the employees. A non-inclusive environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good company

Senior Administrative/Executive Level (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsFlex time 9/80. Allows employees' to have a three day weekend every other week.

ConsNo advancement beyond admin level.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the mentoring program. HR needs to develop the mentoring program for employees' to cross train.

So far so good

Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGood pay. Decent benefits. Opportunities for growth and differentiation as long as you are willing to put in the work and time.

ConsChange is slow, which is expected for a multinational company. Management is sometimes out of touch.Company wide policies may not be applicable or relevant in certain divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees in the loop. Having meetings and webcasts for broad ideas and changes is great, but it might be a good idea to give more granular updates on issues so employees and team members are not surprised at new developments.

Also, if you want your employees to stay healthy please allow for some time during the work day to work out in the onsite gym. Asking them to stay healthy and then criticizing them for doing so during the day is counterproductive. Most people have families and taking care of things at home may not let them have dedicated gym time.

Amazing company with great opportunities for growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThey have such a large amount of resources that are there to help you perform and succeed.
    There are so many groups that you can join and grow yourself as a professional.

ConsIt is a large organization so it cannot move at the speed of a small business. It can be tough to deal with the red tape although it is the strict regulations that make their products superior.

A great company to work for if it fits you

Contracts Negotiator (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGreat pay
    Good benefits
    Flexible schedule
    Pretty good management (at least my management team is good)

ConsThere is a bit a favoritism that can take place
    Everything is urgent
    A little difficult to advance
    Can easily become a "job" if you are not passionate about what you are doing

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management is doing a pretty decent job right now.

Electronics Engineer

Electronics Engineer (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsOvertime, travel, fitness facility, ability to advance, large enough company to do something else if you want within the company.

ConsCopious amounts of work and not not enough personnel to comfortable complete milestones, requiring overtime weekly,

Huntsville, AL review

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsEveryone here is very helpful and respectful. Ther are all willing to make sure you know what it is you need to do.

ConsIt's seems common to have a very tight schedule on getting things done, can seem overwhelming at times.

It was incomplete becuase of loss of contract

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsNew technologies, Good Company to work because its a government entity.

ConsLack of conctracts, Lack of work, low pay

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!