Lockheed Martin

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.4 2,224 reviews

Lockheed Martin President & COO Marillyn Hewson

Marillyn Hewson

Pros
  • This is really a wonderful place for a working mother - great work/life balance(in 201 reviews)

• 9/80 work schedules for many a real plus (alternate Fridays off)(in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the program your work life balance can suffer(in 46 reviews)

• This is a large company with all the usual shortfalls of management(in 68 reviews)

2,224 Employee Reviews

I have wonderful coworkers, and amazing boss and perfect job tasks for my level and expectations.

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Asc (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsLM has a 9/80 schedule which is so convenient! The hours are great - OT is only needed for special projects and end-of-year closing. Each month we can accrue 10 hours of vacation time, and this never expires. Another perk of this company is how easy it is to talk to upper management. This has improved over the last several years.

ConsThe insurance benefits could definitely be better. I have heard the coverage use to be better, but now it covers less. For people with children on their insurance, it almost feels like the insurance is useless. Another disadvantage is the time it takes to get a promotion. Going from a level 1 to a level 2 takes about 4 years, and from a level 2 to a level 3 takes even longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of complaints about not able to get a promotion are due to the lack of budget. Why do other aspects of the company seem to have a bigger budget since they are able to do promotions more often? Maybe we could cut back on hiring retired VPs that come back as overpaid consultants, and use that part of the budget for better use towards current employees!

Future?

ProsGood People, decent pay, good training

ConsLack of contracts and a future

Highest standard, slowest promotions

Project Specialist Senior Staff (Current Employee)

ProsI've worked with many in leadership positions in Mission Systems and Training and to a great extent, they mean what they say about having integrity and delivering the right results for the customer. Schedule depends on the manager; mine gives me the autonomy and flexibility I need to run my job and my life without second-guessing.

ConsDefinite ethos of "pay your dues". Promotions are slow, and opportunities for promotions are rare, mainly due to the current lack of overall unit growth. Not easy to switch units either.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work and retire

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsLockheed martin gives you opportunity to grow

ConsToo big for every employees opinion to matter

Great Company!

Program Manager (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsExcellent Pay, Exciting Work, Flexible Schedule

ConsUnstable environment due to government cutbacks

Lockheed Martin

Mechanical Designer/Drafter (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsVery good environment to work in. Very flexible when it comes to hours worked. Well managed and organized.

ConsNeed more training! Need to strive for quality of work and not do things wrong because of time and budget constraints.

Start of a good career.

ProsGreat benefits. Management was direct.

ConsHard to get a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Packaging Engineer

Senior Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsLot of high tech things going on all the time. Lots of work to do if you looked for it. They offer lots of opportunities to increase your skills, like Lean 6 Sigma classes.

ConsFive management changes in three years. Terrible performance rating system. Management didn't know or care.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorked in an area with no policy or procedure, supervisors knew nothing about the job or work area.

30 yr continuous employment with LM has been a good overall experience. Tough the last several yrs with cuts.

IT Program Manager (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsGood senior management thinking long-term growth and over financial performance of the company. Benefits are not as good as they once where as the company reduces costs.

ConsOutlook and opportunities for long-term employees are there but very limited as there is a move to promote and over challenging opportunities to younger employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't disrespect your long-term employees. Provide more opportunity to make them feel keep their knowledge and experience with the company.

Company Review

Systems Engineer Staff (Current Employee) Marietta, GA

ProsCompany is excellent to work at, but personal growth is often times left aside to get task completed for daily operations. The work life balance seems to be really reasonable compared to others I have talked with in other companies

ConsCompany does not look at building upper level staff employees. Currently all attention is given to new hires.
    Rewards for success are not shared with the entire team. Mostly with only the persons who had minimal inputs to the product.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!