Lockheed Martin Reviews

3.4
2,339 Reviews

Lockheed Martin President & COO Marillyn Hewson
Marillyn Hewson

Pros
  • This is really a wonderful place for a working mother - great work/life balance (in 201 reviews)

• 9/80 work schedules for many a real plus (alternate Fridays off) (in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the program your work life balance can suffer (in 46 reviews)

• This is a large company with all the usual shortfalls of management (in 68 reviews)

More Highlights

Outstanding, Best in the Industry

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Development in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent management at all levels. The company really lives out its beliefs: Do What's Right, Respect Others, Perform with Excellence. There are many career paths to take within Lockheed and no one is limited to a single path. Management will work with employees to shape and guide careers. The company supports employees and allows flexible work schedules. CEO Marilyn Hewson is an outstanding communicator, and keeps in touch with the worker-bees. Overall, an excellent place to work.

Cons

In big companies a lot of emphasis is put on winning bids, and high-fives are given to teams that win. However, a lot good work is also done on a losing effort. Professionals work really hard even when they lose, and their effort should be recognized and high-fives passed around.

Continue the open communications with employees about what's going on in this huge company....especially during downsizing. This really help when times get tough.

Great Opportunities for a Defense Contractor

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Great Leadership and variety of job opportunities

Cons

May need to relocate based on job opportunities within Lockheed Martin

Love the encouragement from upper management encouraging employees to "OWN" their career

Supply Chain Management

Current Employee - Subcontract Management, Stf  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Subcontract Management, Stf in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are very good, people are professional, intelligent, educated and try to do a great job. Ethics are important to the company and therefore, to the employees. Upward mobility is possible if you learn the Lockheed way, work hard, perform above expectations and work on high profile projects--where management pays attention.

Cons

The company is so large that they need lots of policies and procedures and metrics to manage the place. Sometimes metrics are one-size fits all, even when the metrics don't apply to the work you're doing. It is a very large company and is difficult to get recognized if you're doing routine, mundane work.

Balance between metrics and judgment when assessing the employee's performance is necessary. Metrics cannot account for all the work done by a buyer.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr mechanical designer

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Interesting work, good use of GD&T.

Cons

Intermittent assignments while employed, short contract.

Large Manufacturing Company's

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits, and Overall Relaxed work environment.

Cons

Lay-offs, adversary attitude between union and company. hard to advance with in the company based on experience, only quality desired is a degree from university.

I think you miss out on opportunity by not considering those with out degree, although you invest in workers by refunding then for their education cost. you do not promote them for their efforts and assure they will work for you when finished, there for you train another company's worker.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you want to have work-life balance, Lockheed Martin is a great company to work for. Plenty of holiday time, flexible hours (most departments, depends on manager), job security usually stable. Great tuition reimbursement plan. Work load is very reasonable. Professional environment. Many locations work on a 9/80 schedule. Great benefits.

Cons

Growth opportunities within the company are there, but you have to be aggressive and know the right people to move up. Pay is decent, no complaints but not competitive. Very political. Performance review process is not popular with employees, although I never had any major issues other than frustration with average reviews.

Focus on retention! I left the company simply because there was no fight to keep me. If you let your employees feel unimportant, they will leave for new opportunities.

Lockheed Martin

Former Employee - Systems Engineer Senior Staff  in  Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer Senior Staff in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is a good company. It promotes a friendly environment work place. The company encourage its employee to do good job by providing leaderships, benefits, and top-of-the line technologies in the work environment.
    It provide assistance in tuition for each employee to get higher education. The benefits is good. The time-off policies is good. The company provide flexible work time.

Cons

The company provides on-site training, or trainings on selected seminar, trainings offered by other private organizations, universities. Each employee has opportunities for personal growth. Each employee will have a mentor to help him/her during his/her career at Lockheed Martin.

The Mangement is helpfy in helpin personal growth, training.

Lockheed Martin

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and great benefits!

Cons

There is not a direct plan for advancement to more senior level positions.

Finally Feel Like I Am A Part Of A Company

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've absolutely enjoyed working for Lockheed Martin. Since winning the contract that I am on, instead of keeping me at my underpaid level I was at with my previous employer (which was my fault for accepting such a low pay), they have made an effort to increase my salary to be more in-line with the industry.

This is also the first company that I have worked for where I have felt like that I'm truly part of the company. (i.e. - They care about my professional growth.) And now, having lost the contract that I am on, they are doing everything they can to find me a new position within Lockheed Martin. This is exactly the opposite from how my previous company was when they lost the contract.

Cons

I wish there were more opportunities in my area.

Structures Mechanic learned a variety of operations f16 f22 f 35

Former Employee - Structures Mechanic  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Structures Mechanic in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

outstanding place to work at people are informative.

Cons

New processes and getting on line with work.

Listen to your floor employees on how to master operations

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!