Lockheed Martin

3.5
2,688 Reviews

Lockheed Martin President & COO Marillyn Hewson
Marillyn Hewson

Pros
  • This is really a wonderful place for a working mother - great work/life balance (in 222 reviews)

• Work life balance; Good Benefits; 9/80 work weeks; Pension (although this has been eliminated for new employees) (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • My program had mandatory overtime, seems like work/life balance might not be the best (in 50 reviews)

• For a large company you would expect industry setting standards for benefits (in 70 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Pleased

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay
    Knowledgeable peers
    Good benefits
    Good sick/vacation policy

Cons

none, very satisfied so far

keep up the great work

Great experience to work with a well respected company in the defense industry.

Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Ellicott City, MD
    Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to move around a gain experience. Networking with others and having a career path was very exciting. Worked there for ten years and had five different assignments. Was able to get a Master's degree and use what I learned on the job.

Cons

Experienced professionals are leaving or getting laid off. Defense industry competition is shrinking.

Rehire experienced professionals.

Great environment, fun staff.

Current Employee - College Student Tech Spec in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - College Student Tech Spec in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Smart people, great pay, relocation benefits, great position for an internship.

Cons

Moral obligations can affect work. Process can be slow, severe on boarding delays. Mostly just issues due to large company size.

Help new employees get started quicker. Prepare before for arrivals and workload.

It is a wonderful values based company

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

The mission, people, challenges, opportunities, benefits

Cons

Depends greatly on the US Defense Budget

Keep doing all the wonderful things you are doing!

Awesome job and experience.

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Great team. Interesting projects.

Cons

Terrible health care benefits and no bonuses.

None. They're really good folks.

A professional and ethical company. Good to have on a resume.

Former Employee - Project Lead in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Rockville, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lockheed Martin is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and tier customers. They are fair and pay reasonably well. They encourage hiring and promoting a diverse work force and encourages to all to participate. They work with leading edge technologies and have a great and well deserved reputation among it's customers. When my contract was ending, they offered my another position (although much farther then I wanted to commute) or a very nice severance pay. After leaving LM, they also offered a very good training program to find a new job. I would be glad to work for them again.

Cons

They are a big company and it is easy to get lost in cracks. A bit top heavy....lot of VPs and Managers. I would like to see more spent on training to keep employees up on the latest software and hardware. Sometime too much time is spent on compliance training and performance reporting, but I think the process is being looked at and streamlined and this is only a minor issue. The expect you to work 60+ works a week, but they allow work at home when appropriate.

Don't let your employees fall between the cracks. Encourage them to look forward and be clear with them about opportunities and cuts. Try to ensure that the Functional Managers really know what the employee is doing on a daily basis. For the most part, follow LM policies and you should do well.

great experience

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

good salary and benefits while employed

Cons

retirement benefits could be improved

retirement benifts

Very challenging jobs, but the advancement opportunities are there if you search for them and work hard.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, travel, and training.

Cons

Forced Diversity is killing opportunities and slowing progress...

Stick to your ethics and morals - push back on Corporate initiatives regarding forced Diversity - it's not only wrong on moral level...it's slowly killing the company!

Great experience learned a lot about supply chain management

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Always was supported by my immediate supervisor

Cons

Communication up and down the chain wasn't always cclear

Improve Communication

Fantastic Experience as a College Intern

Current Intern - College Student Tech Spec in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Intern - College Student Tech Spec in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

The management, pay structure, facilities, flexibility, and opportunities at LM are all fantastic. I worked for multiple managers and never had a negative experience. They worked with my strengths and helped me develop my weaknesses. The managers were always available and willing to help me learn the business. The pay structure for interns is very predictable and very generous. The high pay incentivizes quality work. The facilities are great. They are kept well and you can always find what you need for your desk whether it be another computer monitor or just a pack of highlighters. The greatest advantage to working with LM is the ability to work a flexible schedule. If your manager allows (many do), you can work any time of the day. I was able to work some 14 hour days when necessary but also take Fridays off when I had reached 40 hours early. My managers never questioned where I was so long as I was in the office for meetings, got my work done, and completed my 40-hour work week. Lastly, the opportunities for advancement and future learning are tremendous. I was able to work for multiple teams at Lockheed in one summer. I was also afforded the opportunity to request a different job for the following summer. My managers encouraged me to seek positions in multiple areas of LM so I could learn and expand my knowledge. I was able to work for many different managers as an intern doing very meaningful work and developing myself for future success.

Cons

This is a very intimidating environment to work in. Working with some of the brightest minds on some of the country's most important projects can be scary. Although this is sometimes a challenge it is also a great opportunity to grow yourself.

The worst part about interning for LM was the first day. You feel a bit lost and confused, so a little more guidance and an initial email before your first day about what to expect would be great.