Lockheed Martin Reviews

Reset

2,853 Employee Reviews

1. Structures

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

great money and hours. holidays off.

Cons

same job everyday. gets boring

2. A&P Mechanic

Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin (More than 5 years)

Pros

I do not want to share at this time

Cons

I do not want to share now

Advice to Management

Learn management skills

3. Going Down Hill Fast !

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Senior in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer Senior in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-Life Balance aka Flex-Time work week

Cons

Pretty much everything else !

Advice to Management

Get clued into the work force, especially the longer term employees not just the new hires and those with less than 10 years of service.

5. Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of opportunity for advancement, helps with education, and there is freedom to move around the company.

Cons

Politics, lots of meetings at times makes getting work done challenging. Agile development does not always fit in with the project life style.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed about how the program is running. Make sure the person who is reporting to you is happy and keep them challenged.

6. Assistant Engineer

Current Employee - Assistant Engineer in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Engineer in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockheed martin is a good company to work for it has good benefits and all employee are fun to work with .All work as a team.

Cons

At this time not to much work with all the government cutbacks do not know when it will pick back up .

Advice to Management

not to good

7. Quality Assurance Analyst

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Analyst evaluate fd-249 criminal records and submitted into data base for Dhs - u.s.Visit

Cons

I did not like working as a contracter

Advice to Management

none

8. Good Place to Work

I have been working at Lockheed Martin (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, great pay

Cons

Decent health benefits (could be better), Not very many career opportunities

Advice to Management

Consider hiring personnel into different areas so they can expand their experiences. If no one gives them an opportunity to gain experience it will be harder for them to achieve their goals.

Your Mileage Will Vary

Current Employee - Senior Electronics Engineer in Patuxent River, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Electronics Engineer in Patuxent River, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to solve interesting technical problems. No real shortages of the tools necessary to do your job. Need a particular software package? The company has the license for it. If you need it and they don't have it, it generally just takes a simple request from your manager to get it for you.

The company is gargantuan, so your experience varies wildly depending on your immediate coworkers and management. My personal experience has been positive overall, with some caveats.

Salaries are competitive.

Cons

LM Healthworks is the worst insurance I have ever had. Here's a warning to any couple suffering from infertility: LM will cover 0% of infertility expenses. That's right, 0%. Even in Maryland, where the corporation has exploited a loophole in the state law requiring insurance companies to cover infertility expenses (there are only 4 Fortune 500 companies incorporated in Maryland, guess where LM is incorporated?)

Ending pensions for senior employees within the next few years and converting them to 401(k)s is encouraging the most experienced and knowledgeable people to leave in droves.

LM Aero's business unit policy about overtime makes no sense. They have a "five hour gate", meaning that the first 5 hours of OT you work is unpaid unless your boss can manage to get you onto an exemption list. And then management wonders why they can't get enough people to volunteer to work on weekends to cover flights.

For the Aeronautics business unit: if you're not in Fort Worth, you might as well not exist. Your opportunities for advancement outside of Fort Worth are EXTREMELY limited. This has been one of the top complaints among the workforce for years, and despite all the "tiger teams" that management has created to "address employee concerns", nothing has changed.

It's also normal for critical information to be siloed in Fort Worth and never communicated to the various test sites. They also have a nasty habit of sending you what they think you need, rather than what you actually requested. News flash, guys: I am the one working on the actual test airplane. You haven't seen this airplane since it left the factory. What makes you think you know its needs better than I do?

Advice to Management

Get rid of the 5 hour gate. It's hurting you more than it's helping you. Provide more opportunities for career advancement and development in places other than Fort Worth. I like where I live and don't particularly want to move to Fort Worth just to get a promotion.

10. Good work depending on location

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

Cool stuff going on in the company, but you have to be in the right location

Cons

If you like to wear more than one hat, this is probably not the place for you.

very skilled people

Former Employee - Software Engineer Staff in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Staff in Littleton, CO

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

I was surrounded by very skilled people. There was almost no deadwood anywhere. Very cool technology. Everywhere the attitude of stepping up to the plate.

Cons

Not sure how they got so many highly skilled people, because their interview process sucked. No one was trained how to perform a good technical interview; random techies were simply asked to look at a few résumés and choose a couple to invite for interviews. The annual performance review process was a time-wasting, unscientific disaster, changed every year and never for the better. Some employees, while very skilled, are completely unaware of recent software development practices.

Advice to Management

Improve the onboarding process; teach new employees (1) how things are done, and (2) why they are done that way, the historical reasons, instead of leaving them wondering and/or ignorant until one day they stumble across the information.

Showing 2,853 of 2,990 reviews