Lockheed Martin

Updated January 22, 2015
1.0

Lockheed Martin President & COO Marillyn Hewson
Marillyn Hewson

Pros
  • This is really a wonderful place for a working mother - great work/life balance (in 222 reviews)

• Work life balance; Good Benefits; 9/80 work weeks; Pension (although this has been eliminated for new employees) (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • My program had mandatory overtime, seems like work/life balance might not be the best (in 50 reviews)

• For a large company you would expect industry setting standards for benefits (in 70 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

A good exeperiance

Former Employee - Data Network Analyst in Richland, WA
    Former Employee - Data Network Analyst in Richland, WA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a large variety of work available in a multitude of industries. A very strong sense of team work, like a second family. Supported education goals and while expected to work when work was needed, also supported the need for time off and a work/life balance.

Cons

It is challenging to get a promotion along with a raise. A lot of "latteral" moves, with more responsibility.

Low Pay

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Richland, WA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like the coworkers I work with on a day to day basis.

Cons

Low pay, not very good benefits, low company morale.

Learn some ethics

Work there for a few years to get some experience, then move on to greener pastures.

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Richland, WA
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Richland, WA

I worked at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Lockheed has very mature Dev, Test, and Production operation processes, and well-enforced operation policies, which leads to a nice, stable environment.

Lockheed also supports and frequently wins new government and commercial contracts, so you'll get experience supporting a variety of different agencies & industries.

Technical leadership is strong - at least in terms of familiarity with existing contract support.

Cons

They're extremely cheap. No bonuses, and the below-average raises often don't cover the annual cost-of-living increase OR the increased costs employees pay for their "benefits". This is partially a result of being a government contractor, where income is somewhat fixed.

Uncertainty over contract renewals can also be stressful.

Hope that someone eventually replaces Linda Gooden...

Good place to work, Great people, recongnition not the best

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Work your own hours, working with your own customers. Friendly people, and good benefits. The management is excellent when it comes to letting you work independently. I would say that the teams that I personally work with are some of the greatest people. There is freedom of religion here, making it a great place to work without being uncomfortable. All in all, I would rank Lockheed Martin as being a wonderful work place. There is also opportunity around the country if you were to ever want to transfer or move. This is also one of the great benefits of working for such a company.

Cons

Lower pay scale, not much recognition for accomplishments.

I would recommend giving more recognition to associates, so to retain them. They should feel they are wanted and appreciated.