Lockheed Martin

3.4
2,529 Reviews

Lockheed Martin President & COO Marillyn Hewson
Marillyn Hewson

Pros
  • This is really a wonderful place for a working mother - great work/life balance (in 222 reviews)

• Work life balance; Good Benefits; 9/80 work weeks; Pension (although this has been eliminated for new employees) (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • My program had mandatory overtime, seems like work/life balance might not be the best (in 50 reviews)

• For a large company you would expect industry setting standards for benefits (in 70 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Stennis Space Center, MS
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Stennis Space Center, MS

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyday benefits are above average. Many "extra" benefits such as reduced cell contracts, negotiated discounts with American automobile manufactures, huge discounts with rental car agencies and travel discounts to name just a few.

Cons

No different then any other job. I have been fortunate to work with a good number of great co-workers. I have only experienced a few that are difficult to work with and none of them were managers.

Continue the recognition even at the lowest level. It doesn't have to be much, just a public thank you around their piers.

Disappointed

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer, Senior in Stennis Space Center, MS
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer, Senior in Stennis Space Center, MS

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The potential for growth and being a part of innovative design.

Cons

Career growth is largely based on who you know, challenging assignments that promote growth or visibility are reserved for personal favorites, Professionals in positions of leadership and upper level management often choke the career of new high potential youth in lieu of middle of the road, familiar counterparts are friends.

A Presentation by Lockheed Martin at my high school career day is the reason I went into engineering, getting the opportunity to work for them after grad-school was surreal, the experience and true work environment at the company leaves me disappointed.

Fair and balanced treatment, very poor communications

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Stennis Space Center, MS
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Stennis Space Center, MS

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I belive that all employees were treated fairly and without bias

Cons

Very poor communication from the top down. Seemed that news traveled more by rumor than by official communication. Appeared that the individuals elevated to managerial roles were inept at best.

Improve communication to the workers, evaulate the capability and effectiveness of middle managers.