Lockheed Martin Reviews

Reset
1.0
Lockheed Martin President & COO Marillyn Hewson
Marillyn Hewson

Pros
  • The work-life balance was great (in 222 reviews)

• Work life balance; Good Benefits; 9/80 work weeks; Pension (although this has been eliminated for new employees) (in 96 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is non existent (in 50 reviews)

• For a large company you would expect industry setting standards for benefits (in 70 reviews)

1. Great Place

Former Employee - Administrative Support Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Administrative Support Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the family oriented company.. The Crystal City location was the best. Many place to eat. A lot of fun activities the company partakes in.

Cons

The ability to work from home wasn't given unless it was an emergency. Room for potential growth wasn't available to everyone.

Advice to Management

Management should continue to do a great hob. Pay attention to employees request. They do all the hard work.

2. Wrong Headed Management

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Seabrook, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Seabrook, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, most coworkers are very professional

Cons

Corporate goals preclude being honest with the customer. Over-promise, under-deliver - because of underbidding as a rule.

Advice to Management

Learn how to staff your contracts, constantly review what is working and what is not - act appropriately.

3. Paralegal

Current Contractor - Attorney in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Attorney in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The name on my resume landed me a better job.

Cons

Low pay and non-responsive managers

Advice to Management

Allow contractors to move to other positions within the company.

5. Avoid if you can, going downhill fast!

Former Employee - Cyber Security in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Cyber Security in Washington, DC

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Discounts on outside companies (but not any better than what is at any other large company) -Allow for telecommute

Cons

- Management doesn't care about employees at all. treat you like a cog in a machine that can be replaced easily. - Benefits are horrible and defined pension plan is gone and good luck figuring how to do better with 401k. - Health insurance is bad and getting worse. - No advancement at all. Stuck pretty much where you join. Also pay raises are bad. Give everyone coming in the door a raise but screw over all current employees (treating you like cookie cutter). - Don't listen to anything you say unless it is what they want to hear. They will treat you bad to make numbers or work you into the ground so they fail then justify to hire more people after the fail and they have burned you out. - Have you work the extra hours (as salary) and then if you don't use in that week you lose the chance to take some of the extra hours banked off later. (Work life balance is not here) - Training is non-existent. Fight tooth and nail every year to get any. Even in the cyber security world where you need for professional certs good luck in getting unless you are a buddy. - Evals are large company usual 10% outstanding and 80% normal and 10% dirt bag. Every year no matter what. Waste a lot of time for almost no raise and writing up just bunk to not get the bottom 10% (they already know who the favorite is and going to be in top 10%) - They only do enough (in cyber security) not to get into trouble. Unless you are the chosen few no chance to actually do anything interesting. Just going thru the motions to make it look good. Never listen to what anyone tells them things are not right. Just wear you down to where you stop saying anything to them about how bad things are. - Overall they just don't care about employees and they don't like being told what they are doing wrong. management is just out for themselves and will throw you under the bus in seconds. Any good managers leave as soon as they see how things are going. Employees always feel under the gun that the boss will ride you because they don't like you or won't go with what they want. Company has been going down hill for sometime and seems to be picking up speed. Glad to leave and happy with new company.

Advice to Management

Actually do an exit interview and see why you are losing so many employees. Start to care about your employees as the older people are retiring and no one is going to stay around long the way things are going. Realize you actually have to pay market wages and benefits. Thanks for cutting defined pension plan, makes it easier to leave the company.

6. Exceptional candidate turned away due to hiring manager's personal reasons

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Good company in terms of brand recognition.

Cons

Unfair in its hiring practice - the perceived culture of fairness and non-discriminatory behavior does not extend to the company's hiring practices. Although you may have the ideal skills and qualifications to do the job, if the hiring manager simply doesn't like you because you're not the right ethnicity or he feels threatened by your accomplishments, you will not be hired.

Advice to Management

It is illegal for hiring managers to ask candidates personal questions. And utterly wrong for them to use it against candidates when they evade the questions. An interview is not supposed to feel like an interrogation.

Turn your career in to a Job!

Current Employee - Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flex time, and Vacation time

Cons

Work culture is hostile, retaliation and nepotism run rampant. Job Reqs are frequently opened for, "groomed" candidates i.e. it's a forgone conclusion who will be receiving the promotion. The workforce is flat, there are very many low levels, and very few opportunities to further your career through hard work. The culture is the literal stereotype of who you know, no what you know.

Advice to Management

Stop the silliness of forcing employees to interview for the next promotion to a different area where they may not even be the best qualified candidate and know very little about there new higher position. Promote from within the group. All your doing is fostering resentment of a new higher paid person coming in who beyond there ability to interview well, likely know far less about the area than the workforce you overlooked. I can't recommend anyone I care about work here long term... you've turned it in to a paycheck and taken away the pride of having a career... I literally have a manager telling me that you have no loyalty to us, therefore where is ours in return to you? The bare minimum to keep our employment, you are not fostering any more than that. That's it, that's the word on the street. You can either listen, or argue with beautiful PR words. But at the end of the day, I and many others feel the way I described and we are where the rubber meets the road... not HR.

I cannot believe this company ... oh wait, yes I can.

Current Employee - N/A in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - N/A in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lockheed Martin apparently looks great on a resume?

Cons

I'm not really sure how to express how completely disgusted I am with Lockheed. Complete and total disregard for company policy, cronyism, sabotage ... the list goes on, truly. I've met some really great people since starting here over 6yrs ago - they're all gone. This place is like a settling tank. I overheard my manager tell a prospective employee, "Most of our good employees are gone after 2-3yrs." ?! He had, at this point, been here for 5yrs himself.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Get rid of the cliques. Wear clean clothes. Learn how to form a complete sentence and support your staff. You preach Diversity, Inclusion, Do the Right Thing and Perform with Excellence... c'mon guys, it's not that hard. Be what you say you are.

Senior VOIP Field Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Voice VOIP Field Engineer in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Voice VOIP Field Engineer in Fort Belvoir, VA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are one of the biggest contractors in the Government why many positions to offer at competitive pay rates.

Cons

Very confusing business practices that create communication issue between coworkers and management. Very poor health insurance and vacation benefits and very minimal incentive bonuses and raises.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and delegating all your work load and just hire more workforce with less management and assistant managers. Lockmatin concentrates to much at the management level instead of the true workforce doing the work that way downsizing because wages wont be needed.

done wrong

Former Employee - JSF in Patuxent River, MD
    Former Employee - JSF in Patuxent River, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aviation its a passion and a place to work on something bigger then oneself . JSF F-35 program, wonderful aircraft but management will ruin it just watch..

Cons

Management , Management Management management. I cant explain in words the disappointment and god ol airforce i got ya , ill push you through your AF.. most don't know how to handle stress or anything about couth. Aholes

Advice to Management

Jump off a tall building

The HRAccess Program? Stay away!

Current Employee - Tier II Help Desk in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Tier II Help Desk in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers and it's close to the Metro

Cons

Pretty much everything! This contract services TSA, Lockheed under-bid the contract in the beginning, so don't expect great pay or any type of raises. Management is just trying to keep their heads above water on this contract. So, there are absolutely no perks and expect to be asked to make a financial "contribution" when it comes time for the company picnic and holiday party. It's very sad the way employees are treated on this contract. I can promise you, if you come to work here, you'll regret it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect, pay them more, I could go on and on!

Showing 31 of 3,200 reviews