Lockton Companies

www.lockton.com

Lockton Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Lockton Companies – “Meeting Room”

Lockton Companies CEO and President John L. Lumelleau

John L. Lumelleau

Pros
  • Good hours, people, work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Great culture, private ownership, fun/balanced work environment, great learning opportunities(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nonexistent for employees in a supporting/shared services role(in 8 reviews)

• Very low pay per the job offers I am getting(in 3 reviews)

none

Prosalcohol, drinking etc. etc. etc.

Conscheap salary, cheap, very cheap

Decent place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSupportive team environment with focus on client service. Company really tries to offer the best opportunities to its employees. Indoor parking, beer Friday, onsite gym are nice.

ConsExcessive workload, stressful time sensitive work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people

Great place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFantastic leadership. Employees are happy and taken care of. Beer fridays are a hit.

ConsNone that I can see.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for.

Insurance Processor (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsGreat place to work and get started in the insurance field.

ConsRaises are not that great

Expect to be held to a very high standard

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsAssociate friendly atmosphere, lot of perks, nice facilities, friendly people, accomplishments are recognized, life at Lockton can be good but that depends on where you are working

ConsWork life balance not important, behind on technology implementation, miniscule raises, bonuses are a joke, good old boy mentality at middle and top levels of management, be prepared to grin and bear it on a regular basis

Advice to Senior ManagementSpread the wealth down to the level where the work is done.

Good company, great culture, would recommend

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

Prosgreat associates, good environment, incredible culture, very smart people

Conspay scale, succession planning, no incentive comp

Stay away from this horrible company

Account Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are not to many pros with this company. You will meet a few good people but they are far and few inbetween.

ConsThere main focus is on the diva producers. When the producers do not produce, they reduce staff by cutting the service managers who retain clients. They will lure you away from top notched competitors with promises of greener pastures but will never deliver. Be careful of the gossipers as there are many here and they will stab you in the back the first chance they get.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the whole management team.

A great place to get your insurance feet wet

Account Administrator (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsPositive atmosphere with plenty of growth potential. Management is involved in many details and the flow of work is constant.

ConsWorking on the plaza for some. Others might find that management does not challenge them to become a better professional.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat associates as they do clients. There are times when they can lose site of what's important to the client comes at the expense of its associates.

Independent spirit and amazing culture makes Lockton an incredible place to work.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsPrivately/family owned, clear path for advancement, relatively little bureaucracy, incredible company culture, very involved in charity and community, has not lost touch with it's roots, great employee recognition for advancements/achievements

ConsWhile having very little bureaucracy is generally a positive, sometimes it can be a negative in that not everything, such as bonus structure, etc. is as transparent as with some larger public companies.

Best Place to Work in Insurance

Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsTeam atmosphere, every associate is eager to do all they can to help fellow associates whether or not there is "something" of monetary value associated with it or not. All associates know we win and lose as a team, but we strive to win, and know it takes all of us to make it happen, and the more we win, the more we are rewarded in more than just monetary rewards. Very rewarding career, not just a job.

ConsLockton is committed to excellence, especially with respect to the clients and associates alike. This means that there are times when satisfying the client or helping a fellow associate takes precedence and may intrude into your personal time and work life balance...

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities for younger associates to travel with more experienced team leads giving the younger associate a bigger picture of the organizations overall goals, and more importantly how they are accomplished with face to face contact with our clients.

Worked for Lockton Companies? Contribute to the Community!