Lockton Companies

www.lockton.com

Lockton Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Lockton Companies – “Meeting Room”

Lockton Companies CEO and President John L. Lumelleau

John L. Lumelleau

Pros
  • Good hours, people, work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Great culture, private ownership, fun/balanced work environment, great learning opportunities(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is nonexistent for employees in a supporting/shared services role(in 8 reviews)

• Very low pay per the job offers I am getting(in 3 reviews)

Best place to work ever.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsIt is a family owned company and they treat all of the associates here like family. Even during the hard financial times a few years back when there was a lot of layoff's in Kansas City, Lockton did not lay anyone off. They prefer to retain the associates. There are not many companies in KC much less the US that look at the associates that way.

ConsIT doesn't get yearly bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementRestart the bonus program for Shared Services

The best experience I could have hoped for.

Account Administrator Intern (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFun, energetic, fast paced, awesome people, independent work, private, good unity within the company as a whole.

ConsTakes a long time to learn intricacies of the industry, but Lockton does have good training available.

Lockton is a very employee friendly company

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people who work here are very professional and also respectful

ConsBusiness Attire. Small working Groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

From an AA experience

ProsAwesome company, probably the reason I've stuck with it. Love the people I work with everyday and the over all culture of Lockton. A lot of fun work activities, happy hours, etc

ConsThe pay isn't the best in the industry, however people still tend to stay because of the company itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining for new employees could be improved.

Summer Associate

Summer Associate (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsAbility to work within a team of experienced professionals, while also having commitments to intern activities that are expected to be completed outside of the workplace.

ConsThe training was important, but often on outdated technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe core of the program does not need significant change.

Great place to work.

Account Administrator (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsEmployee bonuses, Reasonably priced health care, Fun employee activities, Cares about the community and charities, Excellent Christmas Party

ConsLocated on the Country Club Plaza, which is not easily accessible from major highways and can be busy during holidays, spring break, and the art fair.

Great place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGreat culture, challenging career, opportunity for promotion, wonderful coworkers and mentors. Can't say enough good about this place.

ConsThe one and only con: compensation is pretty low. Talented people often leave Lockton for jobs where they are adequately compensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay associates what they are worth in effort to attract and keep the best talent.

Growing company with an incredible culture, great people, and defined pathways to success

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat culture, private ownership, fun/balanced work environment, great learning opportunities

ConsSlow compensation increases for younger, internally developed talent - employees often leave and return to get deserved value

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove identification of talent and provide compensation rather than waiting for the threat of departure to adequately compensate employees

Great company who appreciates creativity and intelligence.

ProsGreat work environment that supports a healthy work-life balance.

ConsLack of communication between management

Great Company to work for

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsWithin the IT group you have a 40 hour work week with the occassional weekend when code releases require it. Periodic beer Fridays. Lots of community activity.

Good documentation and procedures in place for IT projects. They are always working on improving the process. It feels like a good stable team environment. In addition, they strive on maintaining the systems at or ahead of industry standards so the networking, hardware, and software are for the most part top of the line.

ConsWithin the IT group, many people have been with the company for years so professional growth is limited after a time. Certain teams do not work well together and some of the communication needs work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush for more efficiency across the company. There is way to much manual work (both in terms of paper and processes) that could be streamlined or eliminated.

Worked for Lockton Companies? Contribute to the Community!