LocumTenens.com

4.2

Shane Jackson

Churn and Burn

I have been working at LocumTenens.com

Pros

Nice facility. For the most part all the people are very nice

Cons

You are a commodity. Basically they hire college grads, grind them down on the phone, fire most of them within a year and then hire a fresh batch. Nepotism at it highest level.

Give people a chance to succeed and have an actual career...everyone walks around, every day, in fear of losing their job.

Great place to work if you have no college degree

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com

Pros

LocumTenens.com is a great place to work if you are fine with staying in the same job capacity for the rest of your life. If you love recruiting without having to run a full desk, this is the place for you.

Cons

There is no real opportunity for advancement after the Research Development program. Management is just now starting to address this. Mentors are paid an override of your commission, which can lead to your co-workers not helping you if they don't like your mentor. There are no opportunities for career development or on-going education. Job really doesn't engage the brain much, and quite often your superiors can be complete morons who got lucky in finding a job that can be completed without a degree. I find that the account executives without a college education will often talk down to you to try to discourage you from staying as college educated new hired often utilize technology and can complete the tasks in less time and effort, thus threatning the comfortable lifestyle they have.

Engage account executives further. The job doesn't always require 300 phone calls a week, I found that I could email my doctors and get better responses more quickly. Understand that there has to be more opportunities for advancement and paying mentors an override of commissions does not help anyone, it actually makes it harder for mentees to get help for our team members.

Great experience at beginning but things seemed to never change in regards to day-to-day & flexibility from management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company values and vision
    Lots of benefits and perks

Cons

Competitive
    Lack of sufficient training
    Management

Loosen up on the big brother atmosphere
    Allow for more flexibility

not too bad

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They don't micro manage you. If your hitting your numbers and doing well they leave you be, you work a lot of hours on the recruiting side verses marketing side. Yet the marketers make more and don't do nearly as much work.

Cons

They promise you will make more money than you do and a kindergardener can do my job... seriously sometimes I think they should give me crayons and markers instead of pens...

Pay the recruiters overtime if they need to be there until way passed 5:30

Research Consultant

I worked at LocumTenens.com

Pros

Fun People, great office space

Cons

70+ Phone calls daily, can take a long time to get promoted if team is full

Great company, good people, some communication issues.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company cares about employees, great benefits.
    Great philanthropy projects from company.
    Growth opportunities.
    Innovation is encouraged.
    Many associates who have been with the company for long tenures.

Cons

Some individuals end up in management positions without good training in managing; creates communication issues.
    Human resources is through the parent company, Jackson Healthcare, and does not handle things well.

Provide real, substantive training to your managers.
    Communicate with your teams/company, even if the feedback isn't good. Protecting them from negative information doesn't help anyone improve.

Best Place To Work!

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company culture is amazing, including the leadership team, positive atmosphere and team oriented spirit. We work hard, but thoroughly enjoy what we do because of the people and teams. When you work for a company like LocumTenens.com, you can grow professionally and be part of an organization that stands behind its employee

Cons

As with any organization, there is some turnover. Continue to analyze reasons why employees may not work out and come up with solutions to hopefully make an impact and decrease turnover for the future.

I admire the management team and the effort and time they put into moving the company forward. Next year, we will be #1 Best Place to Work!

A great place to work and establish a career!

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LocumTenens.com values their employees, and it shows. Aside from the state of the art amenities, the opportunity to succeed and grow within this organization is limitless and can be attained by using the countless resources available and working hard. As employees, we are encouraged, supported and informed. Expectations can be high but we are offered exceptional training and consistent feedback.

Cons

Challenges could include learning a medical specialty that you are unfamiliar with or the in's and out's of the healthcare industry but the training is absolutely in place to teach and reinforce. The managers here at LocumTenens.com believe strongly in ongoing coaching and positive reinforcement and provide an environment where learning and adapting through innovative ideas is at the forefront of each and every day.

The core values in place are second to none and it is evident that management across the company lives by them. Keep that mentality in place and the sky will remain the limit for growth potential and associate satisfaction.

Best Company I've Worked For

Current Employee - Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They truly invest in their employees. Career growth is not something that is discussed in an annual review, on the contrary you speak about it with your manager about your development on an ongoing basis. I also like that there are clear skills you have to learn before you can get promoted and you are given a road map on how to get there. You're given the tools to do your job and you are encouraged to take risks to improve the business. Leadership is strong overall and they take employee input into consideration when making decisions.

Cons

Expectations are high, you have to put in hard work to deliver and you are held accountable. If you are in production expect to work over 40 hours when you become an Account Executive.

Don't change a thing, you've created a great environment and given people the tools and training to be successful.

Great company with excellent support and teamwork!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, countless opportunities to get to work with the best and brightest, great amenities and benefits, the list could go on! Senior management makes it a priority to ensure that associates are happy and have what they need to get the job done. What's better, no one is afraid to publicly acknowledge a job well done, and it happens all the time! Honestly, LocumTenens.com is a great company anyone would be proud to work for!

Cons

No cons, just a great place to work!

Keep hiring great people who will positively contribute to our already great teams!

LocumTenens.com Photos