Lodgian

Dana M. Ciraldo

Am good at what I do.

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lodgian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Doing something I like In that being around people am a great employee to be around an i get the job.

Cons

Being better at my work, willing to learn more.

Am willing to work long hour I will put my all an this job

sales director for corporate and tour groups

Current Employee - Hotel Sales Manager in Paterson, NJ
    Current Employee - Hotel Sales Manager in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at Lodgian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

IU posses a strong will to win and am totally client service dedicated

Cons

relocation not desired , benefits none, bonus none vacation none

listen to your team members

Pleasant

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Lodgian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Fun work environment

Cons

The work can be repetitive.

if people need to use the bathroom, YOU CAN'T TELL THEM NO.

Hit and Miss with income/hours worked

Former Employee - Restaurant/Room Service Server in Linthicum, MD
    Former Employee - Restaurant/Room Service Server in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Lodgian part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for Lodgian/Holiday Inn I met a lot of hard working, nice people. It was my first job I was able to land after moving to the Baltimore area. The managers were not micro managers, and sort of let you do your own thing which is good

Cons

The management team was always being replaced by new managers. The hours were poor at times. The pay was low. I felt that the hotel was being ran on a small budget. We begged for a nice room service cart, and after months of begging we finally got one, and it was CHEAP! The new management that was brought in was not nice to current employees. It seemed like they wanted to bring in their own people at the time.

Check in at your hotels more often. Ask the actual employees what needs to be changed. It seemed at the time like you prefer to shun the regular employees, and only talk with hotel management. You don't get any real feedback this way.

Satisfactory

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Frisco, CO
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Frisco, CO

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

They provide food and accommodation for foreign employees, the properties are located in exotic locations like the Rocky mountains, which act as mood enhancer for employees. They bring on board employees from many different countries, and thus facilitate cross-cultural bonding.

Cons

Bad management feedback, no training, no growth opportunity. Management give no training and reprimand the employees. There are no perks to boost motivation and employee performance.

Please conduct management training programs and train your employees before reprimanding them. Have a counseling session with your team before giving them notice. Find out who enjoys what the best and do proper competency mapping.

good job for the short run, but don't plan to build a career

Current Employee - Food & Beverage Manager in Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Food & Beverage Manager in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

good opportunity for growth and flexibility with hours through college.
    able to make adequate wages through hours and tips earned

Cons

little reward for tenure in terms of compensation and advancement.
    don't expect to be rewarded for the time you put in or the education you've gotten besides another week of vacation.

it takes more than another week of vacation to retain an employee that has invested themselves in your company.
    try offering competitve wages to your supervisors/middle management.

It was what it was.

Former Employee - Evening Auditor in Middletown, NY
    Former Employee - Evening Auditor in Middletown, NY

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Job not particularly complex. Good if you like interacting with and servicing guests. Working night shifts can be very quiet at times (a plus if you like that).

Cons

Dealing with people up all night "wilding" and disturbing other guests (if you were expecting quietness on the evening shift). Low pay of course.

I think some of the guest management issues have been worked out for the better. The place I worked had an antiquated tracking and management system.

Holiday Inn Express

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Well managed. Flexible and fair scheduling. Competitive compensation for the type of work. Nice perks including HIE discounts at other locations.

Cons

The position required late night shifts that were shared by all employees. Position offered little challenge or chance to advance beyond the desk.

Management was fair and well respected. Only suggested improvement would be a displayed opportunity for challenges and eventual advancement. Would work for this company again.

A fine enough job for what it is.

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

It is a fairly easy job and is only sometimes stressful. The hours weren't entirely flexible, but concessions were made when they needed to be. My coworkers were also nice.

Cons

The job was sometimes boring and I didn't see much room for advancement. Also, I felt disconnected from a lot of the other departments as we didn't interact all that often. There was no importance placed on getting to know anyone other than those you worked directly with.

Make sure that people who are in every position feel appreciated and valued. Also, make sure that the work place feels open and that different employees can communicate with each other.

Own Your Own Business

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Hillside, IL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Hillside, IL

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

There are good people and great discounts Worldwide.

Cons

The company is not as progressive as they claim to be....the benefits are ok but in this day in age they only offer domestic partner benefits for same sex couples...Alot of companies out there already offer opposite sex benefits..2 weeks vacation considering the amount of work you do throughout the year is not enough....Lots of micro managing and a lot of thesenior management doesn't know how to speak to the sales associates and can be very condescending...not a respectful environment at times.

RESPECT...lead by example and be consistent and fair to everyone...do more team building activities in the stores and help the employees grow..There are many people that have so much potential and feel stagnant cause senior management holds them back and don't help them develop...
    RESPECT again !!! there is a lack of in a big way, it fosters low morale and harbors a lot of ill feelings in the store environment...more communication between management and sales associates.

Lodgian Photos