Lodgian Reviews

Dana M. Ciraldo

1. Am good at what I do.

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lodgian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Doing something I like In that being around people am a great employee to be around an i get the job.

Cons

Being better at my work, willing to learn more.

Advice to Management

Am willing to work long hour I will put my all an this job

2. Great Company!

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

Marriott is an awesome company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and fairness. Well established management training programs allow for career advancement for those individuals interested in excelling within the organization.

Cons

As with any company in the hospitality industry the hours are long and working holidays and weekends as well as night shift vs day shift changes make it difficult for family time.

Advice to Management

One of the things that took place every year when I worked at the Courtyard was executive management would go out into the field and work in one of the hotels for 1 week covering several of the positions within the hotel i.e. housekeeper, dishwasher, front desk clerk etc. It was awesome for employee moral and kept the executives in touch with life on the front lines.

3. Proud of what we accomplished

I worked at Lodgian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company was true to employees and leadership. Allowed a good range of freedom and had a sound structure. Great focus on HR, Revenue management, and operations.

Cons

Company was doomed from onset due to fiscal instability. It was one of the rare publicly traded owner/operator hotel companies, but didn't always capitalize on it's strengths.

Advice to Management

It's all over now.

sales director for corporate and tour groups

Current Employee - Hotel Sales Manager in Paterson, NJ
    Current Employee - Hotel Sales Manager in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at Lodgian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IU posses a strong will to win and am totally client service dedicated

Cons

relocation not desired , benefits none, bonus none vacation none

Advice to Management

listen to your team members

6. Pleasant

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Lodgian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Fun work environment

Cons

The work can be repetitive.

Advice to Management

if people need to use the bathroom, YOU CAN'T TELL THEM NO.

7. Satisfactory

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Frisco, CO
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Frisco, CO

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

They provide food and accommodation for foreign employees, the properties are located in exotic locations like the Rocky mountains, which act as mood enhancer for employees. They bring on board employees from many different countries, and thus facilitate cross-cultural bonding.

Cons

Bad management feedback, no training, no growth opportunity. Management give no training and reprimand the employees. There are no perks to boost motivation and employee performance.

Advice to Management

Please conduct management training programs and train your employees before reprimanding them. Have a counseling session with your team before giving them notice. Find out who enjoys what the best and do proper competency mapping.

8. Holiday Inn Express

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Well managed. Flexible and fair scheduling. Competitive compensation for the type of work. Nice perks including HIE discounts at other locations.

Cons

The position required late night shifts that were shared by all employees. Position offered little challenge or chance to advance beyond the desk.

Advice to Management

Management was fair and well respected. Only suggested improvement would be a displayed opportunity for challenges and eventual advancement. Would work for this company again.

9. Great college job

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

I work part-time at the front desk of a Holiday inn, while attending college. Overall, the atmosphere is great - everyone, from the bottom to the top, is very team oriented.

There are definitely busy times and slow times, though. Weekends from around March through November are usually crazy - lots of weddings and business conferences in our convention center. But even during peak times, the weekdays and weeknights are still pretty low-key. That's awesome for a college student like myself. I finished a lot of homework on the clock! I know that sounds bad, but hey, someone has to man the front desk, even when the hotel is completely dead.

Cons

We are independently owned and you can definitely tell by how skimpy the housekeepers are paid, how chintzy the benefits are for full-timers, etc. Also, management has changed so many times around here it's ridiculous. I think we've finally got some good people in place though.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and they will likely return the favor and stick around for awhile.

10. Own Your Own Business

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Hillside, IL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Hillside, IL

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

There are good people and great discounts Worldwide.

Cons

The company is not as progressive as they claim to be....the benefits are ok but in this day in age they only offer domestic partner benefits for same sex couples...Alot of companies out there already offer opposite sex benefits..2 weeks vacation considering the amount of work you do throughout the year is not enough....Lots of micro managing and a lot of thesenior management doesn't know how to speak to the sales associates and can be very condescending...not a respectful environment at times.

Advice to Management

RESPECT...lead by example and be consistent and fair to everyone...do more team building activities in the stores and help the employees grow..There are many people that have so much potential and feel stagnant cause senior management holds them back and don't help them develop...
    RESPECT again !!! there is a lack of in a big way, it fosters low morale and harbors a lot of ill feelings in the store environment...more communication between management and sales associates.

11. Hit and Miss with income/hours worked

Former Employee - Restaurant/Room Service Server in Linthicum, MD
    Former Employee - Restaurant/Room Service Server in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Lodgian part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Lodgian/Holiday Inn I met a lot of hard working, nice people. It was my first job I was able to land after moving to the Baltimore area. The managers were not micro managers, and sort of let you do your own thing which is good

Cons

The management team was always being replaced by new managers. The hours were poor at times. The pay was low. I felt that the hotel was being ran on a small budget. We begged for a nice room service cart, and after months of begging we finally got one, and it was CHEAP! The new management that was brought in was not nice to current employees. It seemed like they wanted to bring in their own people at the time.

Advice to Management

Check in at your hotels more often. Ask the actual employees what needs to be changed. It seemed at the time like you prefer to shun the regular employees, and only talk with hotel management. You don't get any real feedback this way.

RSS Feed </> Embed