Lodgian

Lodgian Reviews

Lodgian CEO and President Dana M. Ciraldo

Dana M. Ciraldo

Great Company!

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lodgian

ProsMarriott is an awesome company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and fairness. Well established management training programs allow for career advancement for those individuals interested in excelling within the organization.

ConsAs with any company in the hospitality industry the hours are long and working holidays and weekends as well as night shift vs day shift changes make it difficult for family time.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the things that took place every year when I worked at the Courtyard was executive management would go out into the field and work in one of the hotels for 1 week covering several of the positions within the hotel i.e. housekeeper, dishwasher, front desk clerk etc. It was awesome for employee moral and kept the executives in touch with life on the front lines.

Satisfactory

Night Auditor (Former Employee)
Frisco, CO

I worked at Lodgian

ProsThey provide food and accommodation for foreign employees, the properties are located in exotic locations like the Rocky mountains, which act as mood enhancer for employees. They bring on board employees from many different countries, and thus facilitate cross-cultural bonding.

ConsBad management feedback, no training, no growth opportunity. Management give no training and reprimand the employees. There are no perks to boost motivation and employee performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease conduct management training programs and train your employees before reprimanding them. Have a counseling session with your team before giving them notice. Find out who enjoys what the best and do proper competency mapping.

Holiday Inn Express

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lodgian

ProsWell managed. Flexible and fair scheduling. Competitive compensation for the type of work. Nice perks including HIE discounts at other locations.

ConsThe position required late night shifts that were shared by all employees. Position offered little challenge or chance to advance beyond the desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was fair and well respected. Only suggested improvement would be a displayed opportunity for challenges and eventual advancement. Would work for this company again.

Great college job

Guest Service Agent (Current Employee)
Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Lodgian

ProsI work part-time at the front desk of a Holiday inn, while attending college. Overall, the atmosphere is great - everyone, from the bottom to the top, is very team oriented.

There are definitely busy times and slow times, though. Weekends from around March through November are usually crazy - lots of weddings and business conferences in our convention center. But even during peak times, the weekdays and weeknights are still pretty low-key. That's awesome for a college student like myself. I finished a lot of homework on the clock! I know that sounds bad, but hey, someone has to man the front desk, even when the hotel is completely dead.

ConsWe are independently owned and you can definitely tell by how skimpy the housekeepers are paid, how chintzy the benefits are for full-timers, etc. Also, management has changed so many times around here it's ridiculous. I think we've finally got some good people in place though.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees and they will likely return the favor and stick around for awhile.

Own Your Own Business

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee)
Hillside, IL

I worked at Lodgian

ProsThere are good people and great discounts Worldwide.

ConsThe company is not as progressive as they claim to be....the benefits are ok but in this day in age they only offer domestic partner benefits for same sex couples...Alot of companies out there already offer opposite sex benefits..2 weeks vacation considering the amount of work you do throughout the year is not enough....Lots of micro managing and a lot of thesenior management doesn't know how to speak to the sales associates and can be very condescending...not a respectful environment at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementRESPECT...lead by example and be consistent and fair to everyone...do more team building activities in the stores and help the employees grow..There are many people that have so much potential and feel stagnant cause senior management holds them back and don't help them develop...
RESPECT again !!! there is a lack of in a big way, it fosters low morale and harbors a lot of ill feelings in the store environment...more communication between management and sales associates.

Hit and Miss with income/hours worked

Restaurant/Room Service Server (Former Employee)
Linthicum, MD

I worked at Lodgian part-time for less than a year

ProsWorking for Lodgian/Holiday Inn I met a lot of hard working, nice people. It was my first job I was able to land after moving to the Baltimore area. The managers were not micro managers, and sort of let you do your own thing which is good

ConsThe management team was always being replaced by new managers. The hours were poor at times. The pay was low. I felt that the hotel was being ran on a small budget. We begged for a nice room service cart, and after months of begging we finally got one, and it was CHEAP! The new management that was brought in was not nice to current employees. It seemed like they wanted to bring in their own people at the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in at your hotels more often. Ask the actual employees what needs to be changed. It seemed at the time like you prefer to shun the regular employees, and only talk with hotel management. You don't get any real feedback this way.

Ehhhhh ... No Growth

Ehhhhh No Growth (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lodgian

ProsIt's a paycheck, there's not much to do at a hotel, management is tough to keep up with

ConsEhhhhh ... No Growth, if the promotions were there, it would be nice. there is no recognition

good job for the short run, but don't plan to build a career

Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee)
Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Lodgian

Prosgood opportunity for growth and flexibility with hours through college.
able to make adequate wages through hours and tips earned

Conslittle reward for tenure in terms of compensation and advancement.
don't expect to be rewarded for the time you put in or the education you've gotten besides another week of vacation.

Advice to Senior Managementit takes more than another week of vacation to retain an employee that has invested themselves in your company.
try offering competitve wages to your supervisors/middle management.

Decent place to work, pay not so great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lodgian

ProsLodgian is a decent place to work - great people, job was so-so, but the pay wasn't anywhere near what the employees would like.

ConsThe company needs to realize that minimum wage is not a livable salary and not be so stingy with the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay raises!

It was what it was.

Evening Auditor (Former Employee)
Middletown, NY

I worked at Lodgian

ProsJob not particularly complex. Good if you like interacting with and servicing guests. Working night shifts can be very quiet at times (a plus if you like that).

ConsDealing with people up all night "wilding" and disturbing other guests (if you were expecting quietness on the evening shift). Low pay of course.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think some of the guest management issues have been worked out for the better. The place I worked had an antiquated tracking and management system.

Worked for Lodgian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lodgian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lodgian CEO Dana M. Ciraldo. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Lodgian employees.