Lodgian

Lodgian Reviews

Updated Apr 28, 2014

Lodgian CEO and President Dana M. Ciraldo

Dana M. Ciraldo

Mediocre experience, more frustrating then good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours.
    Non-management co-workers are great to be with.
    Good for part-time.

Cons-So-so pay.
    -Lack of training.
    -Incompetent management.
    -Housekeepers cannot communicate well enough, causing everyone problems (especially the guests).
    -Uniforms are hot, itchy, and unprofessional. It doesn't matter what size you are, you will look like a clown.
    -Constant berating and non-constructive criticism from managers, especially HR. You will hardly receive positive feedback, despite your effort and personality.
    -Having to clock in and out; HR highly persnickety. You are always watched.
    -30 minuted lunch...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the terrible, polyester uniforms. Let Front Desk wear own profession clothing.
    More hands-on training instead of from a computer.

Low pay, no training, but hey, it's a paycheck.

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsYou get a paycheck, a small, small, paycheck. There is little to no training, the manager takes training tests for you and lets you know that you got a 100 percent on the computer training. They ask if you want a tour of the hotel so you can explain the rooms and lay out to guests, but then refuse to show you. There is a lot of back stabbing and gossip allowed to go on between assosiates and managers. Overall, a very immature, weakly, run hotel which shows a lot of complacency. They are riding on the Holiday Inn Brand.

ConsAs with many other entry level positions, a lot of work for a little pay. Very multitasking intensive, combined with kissing up to rude patrons. Little to no training.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your people.

Hit and Miss with income/hours worked

Restaurant/Room Service Server (Former Employee) Linthicum, MD

ProsWorking for Lodgian/Holiday Inn I met a lot of hard working, nice people. It was my first job I was able to land after moving to the Baltimore area. The managers were not micro managers, and sort of let you do your own thing which is good

ConsThe management team was always being replaced by new managers. The hours were poor at times. The pay was low. I felt that the hotel was being ran on a small budget. We begged for a nice room service cart, and after months of begging we finally got one, and it was CHEAP! The new management that was brought in was not nice to current employees. It seemed like they wanted to bring in their own people at the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in at your hotels more often. Ask the actual employees what needs to be changed. It seemed at the time like you prefer to shun the regular employees, and only talk with hotel management. You don't get any real feedback this way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ehhhhh ... No Growth

Ehhhhh No Growth (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a paycheck, there's not much to do at a hotel, management is tough to keep up with

ConsEhhhhh ... No Growth, if the promotions were there, it would be nice. there is no recognition

good job for the short run, but don't plan to build a career

Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

Prosgood opportunity for growth and flexibility with hours through college.
    able to make adequate wages through hours and tips earned

Conslittle reward for tenure in terms of compensation and advancement.
    don't expect to be rewarded for the time you put in or the education you've gotten besides another week of vacation.

Advice to Senior Managementit takes more than another week of vacation to retain an employee that has invested themselves in your company.
    try offering competitve wages to your supervisors/middle management.

Decent place to work, pay not so great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLodgian is a decent place to work - great people, job was so-so, but the pay wasn't anywhere near what the employees would like.

ConsThe company needs to realize that minimum wage is not a livable salary and not be so stingy with the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay raises!

It was what it was.

Evening Auditor (Former Employee) Middletown, NY

ProsJob not particularly complex. Good if you like interacting with and servicing guests. Working night shifts can be very quiet at times (a plus if you like that).

ConsDealing with people up all night "wilding" and disturbing other guests (if you were expecting quietness on the evening shift). Low pay of course.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think some of the guest management issues have been worked out for the better. The place I worked had an antiquated tracking and management system.

A fine enough job for what it is.

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsIt is a fairly easy job and is only sometimes stressful. The hours weren't entirely flexible, but concessions were made when they needed to be. My coworkers were also nice.

ConsThe job was sometimes boring and I didn't see much room for advancement. Also, I felt disconnected from a lot of the other departments as we didn't interact all that often. There was no importance placed on getting to know anyone other than those you worked directly with.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that people who are in every position feel appreciated and valued. Also, make sure that the work place feels open and that different employees can communicate with each other.

Pretty good place to work!

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsCheap hotel stays around the world! Excellent people to work with, I loved my boss! She was awesome! Meet lots of different and interesting people! Ability to eat anything in the breakfast bar! :P

ConsNot so nice pay, could use benefits for all employees. Sometimes/a lot of the times guest expect more than we have ever given them. Some expected free room upgrades when they were staying for 2 weeks! And they pretty much demanded it! Unfortunately due to weak management who gave in all the time, guests figured out they could walk all over us and say, "well you did it last time!"

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate the employees better!

Pleasant

Reservations Agent (Current Employee) Strongsville, OH

ProsGreat Co-Workers, Fun work environment

ConsThe work can be repetitive.

Advice to Senior Managementif people need to use the bathroom, YOU CAN'T TELL THEM NO.

Worked for Lodgian? Contribute to the Community!