Lodgian Reviews

Great college job

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent  in  Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

I work part-time at the front desk of a Holiday inn, while attending college. Overall, the atmosphere is great - everyone, from the bottom to the top, is very team oriented.

There are definitely busy times and slow times, though. Weekends from around March through November are usually crazy - lots of weddings and business conferences in our convention center. But even during peak times, the weekdays and weeknights are still pretty low-key. That's awesome for a college student like myself. I finished a lot of homework on the clock! I know that sounds bad, but hey, someone has to man the front desk, even when the hotel is completely dead.

Cons

We are independently owned and you can definitely tell by how skimpy the housekeepers are paid, how chintzy the benefits are for full-timers, etc. Also, management has changed so many times around here it's ridiculous. I think we've finally got some good people in place though.

Take better care of your employees and they will likely return the favor and stick around for awhile.

Pretty good place to work!

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Portland, OR

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Cheap hotel stays around the world! Excellent people to work with, I loved my boss! She was awesome! Meet lots of different and interesting people! Ability to eat anything in the breakfast bar! :P

Cons

Not so nice pay, could use benefits for all employees. Sometimes/a lot of the times guest expect more than we have ever given them. Some expected free room upgrades when they were staying for 2 weeks! And they pretty much demanded it! Unfortunately due to weak management who gave in all the time, guests figured out they could walk all over us and say, "well you did it last time!"

Compensate the employees better!

Low pay, no training, but hey, it's a paycheck.

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

You get a paycheck, a small, small, paycheck. There is little to no training, the manager takes training tests for you and lets you know that you got a 100 percent on the computer training. They ask if you want a tour of the hotel so you can explain the rooms and lay out to guests, but then refuse to show you. There is a lot of back stabbing and gossip allowed to go on between assosiates and managers. Overall, a very immature, weakly, run hotel which shows a lot of complacency. They are riding on the Holiday Inn Brand.

Cons

As with many other entry level positions, a lot of work for a little pay. Very multitasking intensive, combined with kissing up to rude patrons. Little to no training.

Train your people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre experience, more frustrating then good.

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Flexible hours.
    Non-management co-workers are great to be with.
    Good for part-time.

Cons

-So-so pay.
    -Lack of training.
    -Incompetent management.
    -Housekeepers cannot communicate well enough, causing everyone problems (especially the guests).
    -Uniforms are hot, itchy, and unprofessional. It doesn't matter what size you are, you will look like a clown.
    -Constant berating and non-constructive criticism from managers, especially HR. You will hardly receive positive feedback, despite your effort and personality.
    -Having to clock in and out; HR highly persnickety. You are always watched.
    -30 minuted lunch...

Get rid of the terrible, polyester uniforms. Let Front Desk wear own profession clothing.
    More hands-on training instead of from a computer.

Ehhhhh ... No Growth

Current Employee - Ehhhhh No Growth
    Current Employee - Ehhhhh No Growth

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

It's a paycheck, there's not much to do at a hotel, management is tough to keep up with

Cons

Ehhhhh ... No Growth, if the promotions were there, it would be nice. there is no recognition

Great Company!

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Lodgian

Pros

Marriott is an awesome company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and fairness. Well established management training programs allow for career advancement for those individuals interested in excelling within the organization.

Cons

As with any company in the hospitality industry the hours are long and working holidays and weekends as well as night shift vs day shift changes make it difficult for family time.

One of the things that took place every year when I worked at the Courtyard was executive management would go out into the field and work in one of the hotels for 1 week covering several of the positions within the hotel i.e. housekeeper, dishwasher, front desk clerk etc. It was awesome for employee moral and kept the executives in touch with life on the front lines.

Decent place to work, pay not so great.

I worked at Lodgian

Pros

Lodgian is a decent place to work - great people, job was so-so, but the pay wasn't anywhere near what the employees would like.

Cons

The company needs to realize that minimum wage is not a livable salary and not be so stingy with the pay.

Pay raises!

Worked for Lodgian? Contribute to the Community!