Loews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Loews President, CEO, Office of the President, and Director James S. Tisch

James S. Tisch

Excellent company to work for.

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery good corporate culture, nice work environment, employees are treated well, morale is high. I look forward to coming to work.

ConsOffice politics matter. Too many meetings.

Internal Auditor

Internal Auditor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGet to travel throughout the country and possibly internationally. Most of the staff are easy going and nice to get a long with. The hours are very friendly. Very rarely do you leave past 6 pm.

ConsThe turnover is very high. Management plays the office politics game a little too much. The places you travel domestically aren't attractive locations (mostly outside of Houston, Oklahoma, Louisiana) and are typically two week audits. I was told that travel would be approximately 20% of the time but was actually over 50%. Compensation is not that high and management does not care for the staff that much.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that they do not talk behind others backs as often as they do. Treat employees with more respect so they do not leave after 8 months and create a schedule that is more than two weeks in advance.

Great company to work for

Software Developer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsInteresting projects and team work

ConsProjects sometimes don't last as long as would like to see

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great first-time Hotel sales experince!

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsRisk takers but also follow SOPs, great National Sales Team that always had customer events - lots of travel, really recognize top earnings and treat you well, great bonus program, great product, everyone was treated equal - Corporate really take interest in their employees and treat you very well and [generally] an amazing experince.

ConsWatch out for corporate politics, very long hours; also, there seems to be some disconnect between some properties and corporate management. Also, just make sure you keep record of everything and always be very direct; back everything up in email!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you think things through and do not act/react on your emotions (property specific advice)

Great Place to Work

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat knowledgeable people, excellent compensation, great location and office, corporate culture, management is usually very friendly and you are not bogged down by meeting after meeting.

Consnone really it has all the things you would come to expect in the day to day grind. One place that could be improved I would guess would be the IT structure.

Dynamic, Stimulating and Challenging Work Environment

Internal Audit Management (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery Challenging and Stimulating Work Environment
    Never Boring and Always Changing
    Management is always looking for ways to Develop Staff to their Highest Potential to be fully Certified as a CPA, CIA or CISA
    Team Environment
    Diversity of Experience in many different businesses.

ConsSometimes Long hours are Required to Complete Projects that are Time Sensitive in Nature
    If you do not work well in a Group or Team, this Dept. may not be right for You
    Reviews are given after every job and if you do not like constructive criticism or are not attuned to self improvement, this is may not be the right dept. for you.
    Rotation out of the Dept. to the business is not readily available all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on striving to best the best you can be.

Associates treated very poorly by management, borderline abusive treatment

Auditor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe best thing this job offers is the benefits which somewhat makes up for the low pay scale. Also ability to pay for an extra week of vacation.

ConsTravel, not being allowed to home on the weekends during a two week audits, inadequate pay, very incompetent middle and upper management, promotions are extremely biased, evaluations used to punish employees rather than being constructive.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate the Internal Audit department especially the management of the department. There has been unbelievable turnover in the department over the past few years. This should be investigated.

Suck up to the right people and you’ll go places, otherwise you’re just another temporary face in the crowd.

ProsOne of the best reasons to work at Loews would be the diversity of the business. The hotel perks are also great for those who love to travel at discount prices.

ConsIt’s amazing to see how unfairly Associates are being treated by management. Workloads are not evenly distributed among staff levels (the higher the title, the less work is done) leaving a lot of individuals stressed with tremendous workloads. Salaries are below average. Evaluations are inconsistent with actual work performed. Promotions are given based on management preferences. Integrity doesn’t exist when it relates to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurnover in this department has increased dramatically over the past few years which should be a high concern for HR. This is defiantly not in line with other Internal Audit departments.

Very Happily Employed

ProsAlways challenged and Senior managment always listens to my concerns

ConsThis is a holding Company and has only 250 employees

Incredible

ProsGreat hours, clean workplace, great supervisors, I learned a bunch, they paid me ten dollars an hour, I didn't have to exercise reading skills, and I was able to play with heavy machinery.

ConsI got bored after 4 months and left. I was also stuck with janitorial duties after 3 weeks after I dropped an expensive vase.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't keep dirty rags near your heavy machinery. it makes an already unpleasant job even worse. That isn't a specific piece of advice, rather a metaphor for my short experience there.

Worked for Loews? Contribute to the Community!