Loft9 Consulting

EDWARD BEALS, MARK BIRZELL

Great career accelerator

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsOver the past three years I have grown immensely in my career. I have been given opportunity to do some great work and have learned a ton along the way. Great people and culture.

ConsDepending on how involved you are in internal firm work, it can be tough to balance client workload as well. Project lengths can become long.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great culture!

Flag Review
    Loft9 Consulting Founding Partner responded to this review Jun 10, 2014 EditDelete
    Loft9 is dedicated to the development of our Associates and one of our goals is to be a career accelerator. We do this by providing development opportunities on our engagements and providing each ... More

Great Jobs for Entry Level

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

Prosgreat benefits, people are nice, lots of opportunity for growth

ConsNot very many position for mid to senior level experience, projects are very heavy within Microsoft. ~ 60% of portfolio. Salaries could be better

Neutral

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood firm for employees new to consulting

ConsBenefits, Pay, Limitation of roles

Flag Review
    Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We strive to provide an excellent experience for all Associates and we are sorry to hear that yours was neutral. We understand that we may not be ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing company culture, growth potential and unparalleled leadership support

ProsThere are so many great things to say about Loft9, it is hard to know where to start. Though the recruiting process is rigorous, it works. The people and company culture are amazing; you'll meet incredibly talented, nice, creative colleagues and friends. Loft9 offers promising opportunities for growth potential, both personally and professionally. Those who are interested in bettering themselves and their career path are highly encouraged and fully supported. The leaders at Loft9 are unparalleled; they are some of the best and brightest, so take advantage of their mentorship - you won't be disappointed. Oh, and we love our clients - we share similar culture and values so our day to day experiences are fun. A natural leader with an entrepreneurial spirit will find Loft9 to be an amazing experience.

ConsLoft9 is a thriving firm, so with that naturally comes some growing pains. Offer ideas and suggestions for improvement - you will be heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo get 'em. Know that you are very much appreciated. Looking forward to many more successful years!

When Associates succeed, Loft9 succeeds

Associate (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsLeadership is strong - the team running the show from a strategic and firm wide level are intelligent, capable and rationale.
    Great culture for personal and professional development - they pay for my personal and professional development (certifications in PMP, etc)
    Great firm wide events and support (financially and otherwise) Associate connections on off work hours - they've invested considerable resources in a Health and Effectiveness Lead to preserve the firm culture that has earned them the reputation as one of the best consulting firms in Seattle
    L9 is growing quickly but not erratically - Leadership is very invested in long term sustainable growth.
    Associate's EQs are on par with IQs - this company understands the value of relationships and recruits people who can deliver exceptional value and build relationships with clients
    Opened a Denver office in 2013 - this will attract an even greater talent pool
    Recruiting process is solid - wonderful office managers, recruiters, and Organizational Leads drive a pleasant experience for candidates

ConsThere can be better transparency of hiring needs between Biz Dev and firm associates - I've invested significant time with people i thought would be excellent fits and they were passed on because they didn't (paraphrasing) "match with staffing needs and anticipated consulting roles" - to better stock the referral applicant pool, associates need more robust feedback on how to more effectively find the right people. Loft has hired a more proactive Recruitment Lead to bridge this gap so I anticipate this "Con" being remedied by end of 2014

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to ask and listen to the feedback of associates - it's important to feel listened and critical to feel like feedback is being considered and incorporated when possible
    Promote from within at all levels

Great environment, amazing people, fantastic esprit de corp

Bellevue, WA

ProsWork collaboratively with a company of fun, smart people to help clients. Great learning environment at any stage of career development, untold opportunity for growth. All that in an environment of great collegiality.

ConsSmall company, which while it has a lot of upside, does mean that there aren't some of the opportunities available in a large company, nor some of the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

A positive, challenging work environment in a growing firm

Pros1. Work for a variety of different clients
    2. Vast opportunities for professional development (e.g., training stipend and mentorship)
    3. Other Loft9 associates are smart, motivated, talented, and team-oriented

ConsOne possible challenge for some people that are considering this firm is that you need to have a high-degree of self-awareness. While there are a lot of opportunities in the company and different paths to take, they are not selected for you. It is a direction you need to choose.

Fast growing, fast-paced and high-performing. Challenging and rewarding opportunities to work with amazing people!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsDevelopment opportunities
    Career velocity
    Diverse client experiences
    Collaborative and collegial culture

ConsRigorous recruiting process. Not easy to get in but well worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain culture and supportive environment as business scales

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Focused on Development

ProsLots of focus and programs on development for associates - training stipend, mentors, in-house trainings. Loft9 cares about the growth of its employees and it shows. The client roles are challenging, engaging and varied.

ConsNo major cons here. It's a consulting company, so expect to move between companies and roles

Excellent Culture, Honest & Supportive Leadership, Fun Collegues

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsThe people at Loft9 rock. There isn't one person at this firm I wouldn't hang out with (and we have 55 Associates). The Leadership Team always has our backs and believes the best in us. We have fun firm dinners and happy hours. Our clients are very kind and are willing to invest in our growth. If you want to learn something or gain an experience, the folks at Loft9 will support you to achieve your goals. I wouldn't rather be working anywhere else!

ConsNot too many downsides if I'm honest. Loft9 is a very healthy firm.

Worked for Loft9 Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Loft9 Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Loft9 Consulting CEO EDWARD BEALS, MARK BIRZELL. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Loft9 Consulting employees.