Lofton Security Services

Thomas Lofton

1. I work with great supervisors who make my job easier

Current Employee - Security Officer in Port Allen, LA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Port Allen, LA

I have been working at Lofton Security Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a college student, it allows me to have flexible hours and I'm able to work on the days of my choice based on my school schedule. Also has the ability to get extra hours by calling and giving management your availability.

Cons

Seems to take a while for people to move up the rankings to become a entry level supervisor. New security guards may have to work at many different job sites until a permanent job site becomes available.

Advice to Management

Communicate to all employees the possibilities and qualifications of getting a promotion.

It is not what it seems

I worked at Lofton Security Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company keeps up appearances well. It looked like a great place to work before I accepted the job. Everyone seemed happy and was very friendly. Seemed like there would be lots of opportunity with this company.

Cons

Once I took the job things started to look different. People are promoted or fired based on whims not if they do good work. Management is more concerned with numbers than providing good customer services or if their employees are happy. There aren't any opportunities to move up only lateral moves. Seems like it is a good place to work if you have no desire to succeed and just want to stay stagnant in your career.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people you hire. Give people you hire a chance to climb the latter and do better.