LogMeIn Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
3.3

LogMeIn Chairman, President, and CEO Michael K. Simon
Michael K. Simon

Great company with even greater potential

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazingly smart people
    -Great products that are loved by our customers
    -Awesome location (Boston)
    -Huge opportunity for the company to grow (and it's growing now rapidly)
    -New leadership team bringing the structure that's needed

Cons

-Parts of the company still operate like a small company which leaves communication gaps but this is something being worked on diligently by the leadership team and others
    -We haven't always sold or marketed as well as we could have, but the products themselves are amazing so if we do a better job telling our story, the sky's the limit

Keep the amazing spirit of the culture while adding some structure so we have a clear path for growth

Excellent company Moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Sales  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Logmein is an excellent company with extremely bright people working in all departments. Company has performed well consistently and senior and front-line management work hard to support a great culture and listen to the changes the staff asks of them. Great products, great offices, great benefits, flexible work schedule, successful performance year after year. Recently adjusted compensation on sales team and increased almost everyone's pay. New comp plans also offer new incentives to make over $100k in sales which is a plus.

Cons

Still dealing with growing pains from their start-up days to their next phase. Some long term staff afraid of change and stuck in "the good ol' days" when there was little management and products sold themselves. Lot of young reps with 1st job who don't know how real companies operate.
    Logmein is progressing from small to mid-size company and have hired staff and invested in tools to bring the company to the next level which is great. Some staff disgruntled about changes but positive changes to comp, communication, and sales teams have been good in last few months.

Keep culture strong but be clear in reasons why making changes and why new focus on sales metrics matter.

Good people;culture is declining with outside execs coming in

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have a brand new office space in the innovation district of South Boston, with great employees and annual kickoffs to remote destinations like Mexico.

Cons

New and excessive focus on Metrics vs. sales.Not sure how much longer the kick offs will last. new management from outside large corporations are negatively impacting the culture. Low pay compared to similar companies in the area. As a result top talents are starting to leave the company.

each rep has a different way to sell, stop the metrics gestapo before its too late

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They don't pay their sales reps

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment that is built on a foundation of great people which makes the company tolerable.... however it can only last so long.

Cons

Don't expect to pay off a mortgage
    They give their sales reps the lowest wages in the area
    Company down the street already recruited a few of the top reps and others are beginning to target logmein sales reps for jobs

Pay your employees before they leave for much better pay down the street

Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of smart people, great products and a fun culture are the highlights. I've been working at LogMeIn for less than 1 year, but upon joining I was immediately impressed with the number of really smart people. LogMeIn has a reputation for great products and there is a great deal of pride in the company. I've found the culture to be hard-working and fun but also real, none of the "forced enthusiasm" I've seen at other companies. I think its hilarious that some of the other reviewers complain about having to go to a 3 day offsite at a beach resort once a year where 50% of the day is "free time"--guess they'd rather be in the office! I think the move downtown wasn't easy for some long-timers but the new office is very cool.

Cons

The pay is only OK compared to other companies and it doesn't seem like there is much emphasis on employee education. There are definitely some "long timers" who complain about not being as fun as it used to be in start-up days or that they preferred the old office in Woburn (!?)

Keep it up.

Best work experience of my life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing people, culture and work environment

Cons

Low pay, poor employee development - unless you were in sales. maybe offer more compensation and not as many kind bars....

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun place to work and it's a gratifying experience knowing you are working with products that are helping to connect the world.

Some of our new products are going to help shape the future of remote connectivity.

Great place to learn and improve as an individual.

Company vacation once a year in the tropics.

The CEO and CFO are great people, and create a great atmosphere.

Cons

Pay is low when compared to performance and similar titles/salaries from companies in the area

You would think there is a lot of room to move up within the company, you can't see it on the sales side. Once your an Account Executive there isn't much room to move.

Great job leading and motivating.

You are going to lose star players if they don't receive fair compensation for their performance.

Pay is below average and there is no room to move up internally on the sales side.

Overworked, Underpaid, and Going Nowhere

I worked at LogMeIn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My co-workers for the most part were great, they had lots of technology, and after the move to Boston working from home was no longer forbidden, there is a nice roof deck

Cons

They don't value their employees, there is no track for moving up, nothing changes, management doesn't care about your opinions because they know best and the fact that you might have a great education and may be very intelligent doesn't mean they want to know what you think.

Management does not have your back in disagreements with other departments even if they say they agree with you to begin with.

The pay is certainly not on par with the industry (at least not in my department). I've read the other reviews on here and I honestly don't know what company those people are talking about, I disagree with almost everything the good reviews say.

They overwork you because they don't want to "spend the headcount" in any department except sales because apparently no other department effects the bottom line. So instead you'll find yourself working nights and weekends with no light at the end of the tunnel just to finish the work.

On top of that they force you to do "optional" work events like traveling to exotic locals which takes up your personal time and weekend, going on boating trips, and meetings that are always held late on Fridays. Some people might like traveling with their co-workers to beach locals, but I didn't.

They moved the company to Boston, seemingly, just for the image.

Listen to your employees and utilize their skills. Also, learn to promote from within (even outside of sales and user services).

Stop being so concerned with what people think and whether you're right next to Google and Facebook because you are not in that league, but if you focus on your employees and the great products then someday, you might be.

Good Atmosphere

Former Employee - Accounting
    Former Employee - Accounting

I worked at LogMeIn part-time

Pros

Good Atmosphere if full-time worker

Cons

Bad atmosphere if part-time worker

Treat all employees the same

Poor Planning and Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart, talented hardworking employees, promising technology stack, nice new facility, good location, decent perks and benefits.

Cons

Poor planning, communication challenges, short term thinking, cronyism, inexperienced management, lack of consistent and strong leadership.

Identify and take care of your best and most valuable employees.

Worked for LogMeIn? Contribute to the Community!