LogMeIn Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. LogMeIn - the good and the bad.

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great job. I honestly enjoyed my job and working for LogMeIn. They take the time to make these fantastic workplaces, with lots of amenities, like free drinks, team lunches, and lots of lounge areas. All offices are nice, but the downtown Boston office is the real jewel. (I didn't work in that office.) At LogMeIn, I met coworkers who ended up being real friends. There was great opportunity for travel and you will have co-workers from all over the world. Huge kick-off events in tropical locations for each department. Working with a technology that works and is needed is a great feeling. I always had everything I needed, computers, new desk - you name it. The company is not afraid to spend money on its employees. Fast paced, youthful environment.

Cons

When they decide to restructure, it's all about head count. They will not think twice of laying people off even if they produce quality work and have outstanding reviews. (I saw this happen first hand.) From what I could see there were a lot of shifting in the Marketing and Sales departments. Though travel was a fantastic benefit, be prepared to pay for it. They don't issue credit cards for anyone who isn't high level, so when you travel, you pay up front and they reimburse you - and they take their sweet time doing so. (Minimum 1 month) At one point the company owed me $1200, and others who traveled a lot were owed $6k-$10k. Now, don't get me wrong, it all gets paid back, but they take their time, which means you are paying interest on it if it's on your credit card. So, they are basically using your line of credit. They take their sweet time paying vendor bills too. They don't mind effectively destroying vendor relationships by paying bills late. Anything to make that quarter look better! Some departments have a more "toxic" environment than others. The accounting department is definitely once such department.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the mid level managers before they destroy the team. Amenities like free soda won't matter eventually.

2. Growth opportunities that made me a very diff person today than I was when I started, in the most positive way.

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time

Pros

Peers experienced in diff walks of life. Powerful insights from our leadership. Awesome benefits and pay, of course.

Cons

I still have to think about this, nothing off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

Management is helpful, knowledgeable, humble and inclusive. Nothing to advice off the top of my head.

Senior execs be wary

I worked at LogMeIn full-time

Pros

High energy, great people, some good products. Good place if you are starting out in your career, decent work-life balance ( average in today's market )

Cons

extremely high turnover of senior and mid-level management, almost all without warning or notice. Culture of the company does not extend to how people are treated at exit. Regardless of level, success or contribution, people are fired with little or no warning.
    Product evolution is slow. A company this size should innovate faster.
    metric driven sales organization as I saw it. Very transactional, pushing products by phone.
    Lots of decision making seems to be made with little or no accurate data ( danger !! )

Advice to Management

Decide what the company actually does and then do it.
    Treat people with respect and honesty.
    There are thousands of companies that were once vibrant and successful and then disappeared because they put the wrong leadership in places and then let their ineptitude fester.

5. Work hard, put in the time and effort and it will be a great experience for you.

Current Employee - User Services in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - User Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn

Pros

Hard work is rewarded.

Great management and people really lead by example,

Cons

Nothing I can complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you are the type of people that everyone should want to work for.

OK but could be much better

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company continues to grow in terms of revenue which, in this day and age, is a huge plus. It lends to a positive office environment with money to invest (versus budget cuts).
    Beautiful collaborative office space which makes coming to work easy.
    Smart co-workers with great ideas.

Cons

Middle management is lacking. Many are from the 'good ole days' when the company was a small start-up and no longer add any value to a company that is growing up. But they play the politics well which is why they are still here.
    Agree with a few other reviewers that the ego's of some of the workers here are WAY too big. Many of the middle and upper management are out to save themselves and don't care to collaborate. They also frequently take other people's ideas and spin it as their own. It's frustrating to watch since many of the great ideas come from workers in the lower rungs that never get credit.

Advice to Management

Make the transition from a small tech company to a large tech company fast. This middle ground is creating internal challenges within your middle management and higher up. Don't be afraid to re-assess your seasoned employees, they may be creating more harm than good by not embracing the new company growth.

Truly one of Boston's best places to work

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great work environment, smart people, good pay for top performance

Cons

The product lines are a little schizophrenic - iOT, collaboration, chat, remote connectivity - not much of a common theme

Advice to Management

Don't neglect the B to C support space. It's where almost all the big deals come from.

They think the perks will keep you satisfied

I worked at LogMeIn

Pros

As a millennial coming into a cool office space with perks like catered lunches (once a month), a beer cart and a gym onsite was pretty sweet. I enjoyed coming to work because of the atmosphere - I liked that everyone had an open work space and the physical environment felt very collaborative. The kickoff trip to Cancun wasn't bad either - except the sales and marketing kickoff was geared towards the sales team and left the marketing team scratching their heads.

Cons

People cannot seem to get over their egos. Everyone is out for themselves, not the collective good. The c-suite and executives were generally likable but middle management was worthless - no clue what was going on day to day nor any interest in figuring it out. People were fired left and right, with no chance to say goodbye or even gather their belongings. One day someone would be there, and the next they wouldn't. No way to treat employees.

Advice to Management

Check your ego at the door. Foster the collaborative environment you claim to. Stop focusing on the little perks here and there and figure out how to actually invest in people.

9. Great Company Culture

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the management styles within the organization, comfortable yet willing to provide constructive criticism if necessary. Praise is given to employees for achievements, rather than those going unrecognized. We have beer Fridays which is great considering not all teams sit together, able to socialize with people outside your department. I also enjoy the company off sites within each department, get to see colleagues outside of the office and it a great end of the year event. Great work life balance involved with the company, have never had to work through a weekend, tons of promotions available to employees.

Cons

Teams sit together like any organization but hard to get to know other employees unless through company events.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more time-off with tenure (every few years get an extra week)

Perks Don't Outweigh the Job Itself

Former Employee - Former Employee in South Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in South Boston, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Foosball Table - Not a perk for me because I don't indulge. However, this is ALL management talks about. "Come enjoy our Foosball table during your break!" Yea, how about no.

Beer Fridays, casual work environment, free snacks, and drinks, free use of the gym.

Location - Architect District. However that can be a con for many people outside of the city.

Cons

Notice how all of my pros had absolutely nothing to do with the job itself. Well because it sucks and I don't understand how people believe all of the hype. The training is worse than your most boring class in college and no one seemed to grasp the concept of hands-on-learning. Why hire a group of contract employees knowing that many of them will leave right after training? That is such a waste of time.

Once you become a full-time employee, the hours are really inconvenient, and you don't have much of an option until you get "promoted."

Also the pay is pretty below average for all that they expect you to do.

I'm not drinking their kool-aid. Free food can only keep me for about a day.

I don't blame this solely on LogMeIn because I know my recruiter could have done a better job at explaining what I was getting into. Again, all she talked about was the perks.

Advice to Management

Train your employees in a way that will actually entice them to do a crappy job. Also, continuously bragging about the free beer and gym isn't the best way to convince someone to try and a have a career at LogMeIn.

I love this company!

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and culture is wonderful. I work with some really talented people who I really admire.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

RSS Feed </> Embed