LogMeIn Reviews

Reset
3.1
LogMeIn Chairman, President, and CEO Michael K. Simon
Michael K. Simon

Pros
  • Great culture with many resources that can help you be successful in your role (in 4 reviews)

• Great people, fun environment, great location just next to South Station (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • inexperienced middle management (in 6 reviews)

• If you don't drink the Kool Aid you won't last long (in 3 reviews)

Solid Company, Great Environment

Former Employee - Account Representative in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Woburn, MA

I worked at LogMeIn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome technology. Outstanding, intelligent leadership. Always willing to listen their employees to make the company better Great Culture in and out of work for events. Benefits are solid Not a sweat shop very low stress.

Cons

The only drawback was we sold a remote computer product but were rarely allowed to work from home.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. but create more growth paths.

Moving to Boston to attract young talent -- who cares if you work here and you don't want to go!!

Current Employee - Can't Say So I Won't Get Fired in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Can't Say So I Won't Get Fired in Woburn, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient Woburn location -- oops, impossible to get to Boston location State of the art technology -- but you can't use our #1 product to work from home yourself Good employees who give 100% and get little in return Free soda

Cons

Despite 90% of workforce being from suburbs, moving to Boston to find young talent -- I guess the old talent has to suck it up and double their commute. CEO is never around, doesn't know who works for him, and relies on management too heavily. HR department consists of 3 people for over 260 employees.

Advice to Management

Value the employees you have instead of aways looking for the next best thing.

Amateur environment in a mid size company

Current Employee - User Services Representative in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - User Services Representative in Woburn, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and progressive culture focusing on employee wellbeing

Cons

Management is amateur, from interview process to decision making up to promotions.

Advice to Management

Get out of the closed community you've created around yourselves

5. Great atmesphere that opens the door to many outside opertunities

I have been working at LogMeIn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never take my work home. Beer cart Fridays. They are always out of the office opportunities to network and catch up with people outside of work.

Cons

No 401k match and more vacation time would be nice.

6. A great place to work with plenty of opportunity! Great company culture, soon to be in the heart of Boston.

I have been working at LogMeIn

Pros

Senior Management has great vision of where the company is going and are transparent in their decision making. Great opportunity to grow and advance in your career if you are willing to put in the time. Company is constantly looking to improve in all areas, especially those around employee satisfaction. Everyone's input is valued as they determine the best direction of the company, both internally and externally.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments. Lack of corporate enterprise vision when it comes to new product roll outs. Inexperience in middle management.

Advice to Management

Would love to see focus groups setup by marketing so employees could provide real time feedback on product changes or new product releases. Sales and Support are closest to the customer base and can provide great insight into what our customers are looking for.

7. All Around Great Place to Work

I have been working at LogMeIn

Pros

Great culture with many resources that can help you be successful in your role. Work-Life balance is promoted. Although LogMeIn has grown into a Global Public company, individuals are heard and strongly encouraged to voice their ideas.

Cons

With ample resources, determining which to leverage can be difficult. Middle managers tend to manage around who they like vs. real job performance. This inhibits coaching opportunities in those that have a good skill set.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. Communication and employee investment has increased tremendously. This provides the right culture!

8. Every day at LogMeIn I am inspired to do my best work and feel rewarded for doing so - a great (and fun) place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Woburn, MA

I have been working at LogMeIn

Pros

LogMeIn has embraced the philosophy that happy employees are productive employees, and the company takes smart steps to perpetuate this. For sure, LogMeIn is a group of some of the smartest, hardest working people I've worked with in 20+ years in the Boston area. I encourage friends constantly to look into employment opportunities at LogMeIn - the challenges are great, and so are the rewards.

Cons

One potential downside is that, like most companies, LogMeIn will take whatever you are willing to give, which can come at some cost to the personal time in your life. Having said that, I never feel pressured to work more than I'm willing to give, so in the end, the situation is certainly in the hands of the employee.

Advice to Management

Regarding the upcoming office move to South Boston, please strongly consider the major upheaval that this move represents for many employees. For many of us, our commute time (and hassle) will be tripling (or worse), with a direct negative impact on the precious little time we have in our lives for family and friends. I hope that all considerations will be given to how we can mitigate the negative impacts of this move for people who love LogMeIn.

9. LogMeIn is a fast paced, dynamic place to work

I have been working at LogMeIn

Pros

LogMeIn is full of creative, smart people. Senior Management is filled with tech-savvy people who are the thought leaders in their space. They aren't afraid to take risks and change and encourage input and ideas from employees. Fast growth continues and offers employees who are ambitious and willing a chance to take on new challenges and opportunities.

Cons

The pace of change can get somewhat fast at times but its all due to growth. Some departments are heavy with middle management.

Advice to Management

Management offers a good communication dynamic with employees. They are very transparent, open and honest. Conversations with management are never half duplex - they always listen and provide clear direction and feedback. They invest in their employees with training for both soft and hard skills and are supportive of developing talent rather than just offering a place to work that is a static place for someone to park themselves.

10. Have learned a great deal...

I have been working at LogMeIn

Pros

The company recognized where it needed to make improvements to keep up with the demands of rapid growth. Many companies ignore the requests of their employees if profits are maintained. LogMeIn has realized that the only way to really screw up a great company is to destroy its culture.

Cons

Seems like salary ranges may be on the lower end of the curve based on outside feedback.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer platforms for your employees to talk back and engage the management team. Front line to bottom line.

11. Great place to grow

I have been working at LogMeIn

Pros

Dynamic and fast pace. New ideas are welcomed. Find new challenges and these are always reviewed to see if there could be an opportunity.

Cons

Need to improve training, not enough professional development. But ask and you will receive. Average in the industry overall though.

Advice to Management

Find ways to challenge all employees. Simple solutions are needed. Company is doing well so the is only a need to improve

RSS Feed </> Embed