LogRhythm

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Grolnick

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

LogRhythm is a dynamic and growing technology company with great benefits.

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLogRhythm is still small enough that you are recognized for your achievements and the company seems to genuinely care for its employees. Everyone is included in company-wide meetings where senior executives lay out the organization's current and future direction. Healthcare is completely covered. Free Food Fridays and other company social events make employees feel appreciated.

ConsWith continuing growth, there is sometimes misunderstanding between departments/offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everyone is aligned in working towards the same goals. Foster closer relationships between closely related departments and between office locations.

LogRhythm, a great place to work

Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time for more than a year

ProsI have been an employee with LogRhythm for about two years and during that time, I have had the ability to work with every department within LogRhythm. LogRhythm is a company that strives for excellence in both its product and its employees. The management team is passionate about the company and the product offered and believes/demonstrates that its employees are contributors to the company’s success and employees are granted the necessary power to do their job in a manner that the employee thinks in best for the company and themselves. Employees are encouraged to be in control of their own work-life balance and that families are important and should come first. In my experience both the executive and the middle management team have the industry knowledge and the skills to perform the job and to achieve the ultimate goal of growing the company.

LogRhythm is passionate about the impact its product can make in the world and cares about doing its customers right, which is seen on many levels of the company and it is not always concerned about the dollars, which is unusual in today’s world. I have worked at many companies in my career and I have found that all companies struggle with inter-departments issues, but the politics in this company are minimal. People treat each other with respect and are willing to listen, enourage and support each other.

LogRhythm is a pleasant and enjoyable place to work, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

ConsI have not found a con about working at LogRhythm

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening and solicitating employees perspectives.

An exciting, challenging, and dynamic work environment (plus plenty of fun)

Software Development Engineer In Test (Former Employee)
Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time for more than a year

ProsLogRhythm takes great care of their employees. Added benefits like free food every Friday complement the excellent health, 401k, etc benefits. The work is challenging and creativity is encouraged and fostered.

ConsTheir new headquarters is beautiful and was a much needed step up from the previous building, but it can be a bit noisy due to the high and exposed ceilings.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the current pah; try not to let the start up environment dissipate as the company grows and prospers.

Wanna relive jr high?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LogRhythm full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people there are some of the most dedicated, hard-working, creative, out-of- the -box thinkers, smart, I've ever worked with.

The new offices are swank with a large open floor plan, good size cubes, a ping-pong room, an in-house gym, big windows, high ceilings...

And the perks are decent. They bring in weekly massages, acupuncture, yoga, free food (lunch) on Fridays, 25 cent vending and free soda.

ConsLogrhythm is in its awkward teenage phase. Acne, braces, all elbows and knees tripping over and running into things. They had a very large and fast growth spurt and their body (infrastructure) has not yet caught up with the growth. Plus they haven't yet figured out who they want to be when they grow up- much less how they are going to get there.

High expectations to do more with less (less people, less time, less resources) are the status quo. Unless your manager is one of the "chosen" few that tow the company line, you will never see an influx of resources or help, and will be blamed when goals aren't met. The family environment that existed when I joined is no longer company wide- it remains in a few groups that work very hard to maintain it.

Much of the company is openly hostile towards the sales organization. Permeating mentality is that they are "over-paid prima-donnas, who never play by the rules and anger/frustrate everyone they ask assistance of-usually with outrageous last minute requests." The few sales team members in the office bear the brunt of that hostility every day. Management expects the sales reps to be both sales people and their own admins. That oxymoronic mind-set doesn't set them up for success. The sales org just went through a major shift/reorganization from a hands-off approach to a highly processed, micro-managed methodology. Sales ops itself also went through a major reshuffle and now is combining with the CRM (renewals) group. .

It's an extremely male dominated organization. Very few women there. No formal orientation and training program. Many people have quit when forced to learn as they go. Several departments do not have built in career paths for growth. It's like they want you to stay right where you are, doing exactly what you are doing for as long as possible. There is no work/play balance. 75% of the employees don't have back-up so they end up working on their vacation.

They recently switched to a "flex-time" model- mainly I think to zero out the unpaid vacation pool of funds. (Prospective buyers care about that). Flex-time is great in theory. You can take whatever time you want off (assuming your manager approves) AND as long as the work still gets done. If you don't have a back-up to your position or responsibilities you end up working during your vacation.

The company showcased in the recruiting video? I always wanted to work there at that company, but never felt like I really did. The company is becoming very political and a has an underlying very cut-throat "my stuff is more important than your stuff" vibe. I did not find that conducive to collaboration.

Last thing - compensation. At one point the employees were very competitively compensated. Stock options, participating in the profit sharing program, raises, etc. Profit sharing no longer exists unless you are a director or above, or you manage people. Raises are standardized to coincide with their new official review program on a yearly basis. Gone are the days of receiving a $10k raise because you made a game-changing decision for your group.

Be sure you do your research for reasonable average salaries for your skill set and experience. LogRhythm has lost many candidates and has trouble attracting candidates in multiple technical areas because they low-ball the salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou want to go public? Maybe you should have some members on your team that have actually gone through and understand that process.

Reinstate that open-door policy. There were a lot of closed doors.

Be ok with ideas and comments that contradict what you think you know. You never know where the next great idea will occur. Don't you want your team and organization to be an environment where ideas are freely shared and where resentment doesn't have anywhere to fester and grow?

Just depends upon your boss

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at LogRhythm

ProsI learned a lot through the experience. Started there when a startup with visions of sharing in the growth. Some good people there...some not. Issue is mostly management.

ConsThere are great boss' and poor ones. Unfortunately my boss was a disaster. Slave driver mentality, zero management skills, technician overseeing people, etc.

Sucks to be a middle level manager - No credit and all the blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementProblem is at the top. There's no way they will ever look at themselves. Issue is always with other people. Typical Sr. Management/Ownership.

Worked for LogRhythm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LogRhythm reviews and ratings in Boulder, CO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LogRhythm CEO Andy Grolnick. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by LogRhythm employees.