Logan Simpson Design Reviews

1.9
Diane S Colebank

1. Their motto is Hurry!

Former Employee - Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Logan Simpson Design full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very nice people to work with in all departments. Office location is easy to get to on public transportation. Horrible benefits for families but good for one person. Insure yourself then obtain outside ins. for your family. Some salaries are reasonable for some staff although many are not qualified to be in the position.

Cons

No training. If you want to improve your skills you must do it on your own time and dollar. Get in with the "in crowd" or they may stab you in the back. Some marketing staff rule the company and are uptight and flat out mean. They are also out of touch and don't involve others. The Principals have inflated salaries, not leaving enough money and time for staff to complete work at a reasonable pace. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Take some management classes and go to a few seminars to learn how to manage. Remove current management.

Worst company I've ever worked for!!!

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Logan Simpson Design full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Talented great staff that want to do good work and help the firm be successful This company has great potential its a sports car collecting dust.

Cons

Leadership does not know how to lead, motivate or utilize the talented staff. CEO continues to loose credibility by only identifying problems and no solutions. Company had lost money for the past 3-4 years. CEO cannot figure out how to make the hard decisions to get the firm back on track. CEO does not lead... she is a follower not a leader.

Advice to Management

Talented leaders from national highly respected firms have joined Logan Simpson. Why don't they lead out and make changes??? its really frustrating being part of a loosing firm with so much potential and nothing is changing.

Glad I got out

Former Employee - Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Logan Simpson Design part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office in downtown Salt Lake City. I hear the office in Tempe is nice too.

Cons

I should have read glassdoor before I started working for LSD. All the negative comments about management were right. A sociopathic group if I ever saw one, breeding fear. I lost all my integrity until I quit last month.

Advice to Management

Retire

Worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Archaeologist
    Former Employee - Archaeologist

I worked at Logan Simpson Design full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for a field with few jobs. Nice offices in a great area of Tempe. Nothing else at all!

Cons

Middle management are the worst managers I have ever had the displeasure to work under. They breed an atmosphere of fear and seem to strive to make staff feel as inept as possible. Training was a joke. As an employee, I rarely knew what was expected of me, and frequently was berated for not mastering tasks that were not part of my duties. This is the most unsupportive and debasing job I have ever had. I have since left the field of archaeology, in large part because of my experiences with this company, and I am very happy and successful in my new environment. Please think twice about accepting a position with this company.

Advice to Management

Decide what tasks you expect employees to perform, inform them of their duties in a timely manner, and provide adequate training. The worst feeling is not knowing what is expected of you and then failing to meet expectations (because you had no idea what they were).

6. The. Worst. Company. In. The. World.

I worked at Logan Simpson Design full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The casual environment. Most people were nice, at best, to work with. Nothing good to say about working *for* someone. Team work are not words easily associated with Logan Simpson design.

Cons

Upper management, work asked to perform not what was signed on to do. The marketing group was a small clique of people who had been there 3-10 years and did not like, nor wanted to, or interested in training new employees.

Advice to Management

You may want to listen to your employees regarding making the job description actually match the duties asked to perform. Don't lie to people then stab them in the back due to your lazy, lackadaisical *training*.

7. Fair Treatment

I have been working at Logan Simpson Design part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, fair pay, nice offices.

Cons

They added a new office and a new principals recently and it seems like there was a lot of chaos for a long time. Seems to be straightening out.

Advice to Management

Talk to your staff about workload and make sure they know what the members of upper management are doing.

8. Interesting People, Multidisciplinary Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Logan Simpson Design full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There's no way to be bored at LSD. They frequently do multidisciplinary projects, so you get the benefit of colleagues' viewpoints in other fields, which can save a lot of time and heartache. People are friendly and the salary and benefits are good.

Cons

LSD is growing and has added several offices recently. Getting to know and work with staff in other offices can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Encourage staff from all offices to mix more.

Not a very pleasant place

Current Employee - Landscape Planner in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Landscape Planner in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Logan Simpson Design full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are challenging projects but the only positive review that has been posted recently comes right of the company's web page. Obviously it was written by management or HR in order to control the bleeding.

Cons

One of the most ethically challenged places I have ever worked. Negative environment was evident from the beginning. Constant criticism without supportive documentation. Management seems to feel that the high rate of turnover is due to projects that are too stressful. However, most staff is up to the challenge. The bosses aren't. You don't quit the job, you quit the boss. Management is fueled by fear and constant belittling of the workforce. This is not a good management strategy and usually leads to eventual failure.

Advice to Management

Bring in some fresh faces and by doing so bring in people that really know what they are doing not those that are just great talkers.

Beautiful office setting but beware

Current Employee - Undefined in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Undefined in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Logan Simpson Design full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice urban environment near ASU. Good area to live.

Cons

As with any consulting business today, the pressure with deadlines can be intense. However, in this company communication does not take place except for constant bullying from middle management. Be careful because you will leave here with no integrity intact. Management does not seem to care about its customers or its staff, only the bottom line and making a profit at all costs. Unless you are one of the principals you can't do a good job here. Constant criticism from very flawed senior personnel. Like the fellow that was given a different contract from what was promised during his interview, you can't rely on any promises from them. LSD maintains a very paranoid environment for its workers. Expect to work overtime since your sleep will be interrupted by nightmares. Also expect management to call you at home and yell at you.

Advice to Management

Retire and let someone know what they are doing get involved.

11. Great firm to work on challenging and interesting projects.

Current Employee - Professional in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Professional in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Logan Simpson Design full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The tempe office is in an urban walkable environment accessible by light rail. The interdisciplinary staff and nature of many of the projects creates a dynamic work environment.

Cons

The workload and pace can be challenging at times, though that is generally the expectation in the consulting world. Staff turn-over is at a constantly high level.

RSS Feed </> Embed