Logi Analytics
www.logianalytics.com McLean, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Logi Analytics Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014

Brett Jackson

Logi Business Development Program (BDR) Program is a great start in the software industry!

Business Development Representative (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsThe Logi Analytics Business Development Program provides a great balance of business and technical training which gives BDRs the tools they need to be successful. There are great opportunities through this position to learn all aspects of the business.

As a BDR, I've been able to interact with engineers, developers, marketers, and even on a few occasions Logi's CEO. Because Logi Analytics only has roughly 200 employees, it is easy to get to know high-level managers across a number of departments. The benefit for the BDR is that knowledge of the technical side of the business, marketing messaging, and knowledge of overall strategy gives you more tools to work with to succeed in business development.

The BDR program starts with a six week training program where new BDRs learn about sales, marketing, and software. Run by the BDR manager Lorraine Joseph, the training program provides new hires with a holistic view of the business and how BDRs fit into Logi's overall strategy. After completing the six week program, BDRs have access to demos, webinars, best practices classes, and other materials to help advance their careers. The BDR team is always training as part of a three phase career development program, at the end of which BDRs are eligible for promotion. There are great opportunities for career advancement in the BDR program and promotions are relatively common.

In summary: Great management, great training, great compensation.

ConsGlassdoor wouldn't let me post without typing at least five words in this box.

Great Professional Growth, Great Programs, Great Industry, Great Company!

ProsCareer Development Opportunities. Logi cares about the overall growth of their employees as demonstrated by the level of investment that is put into place within different departments/programs, like the Logi Business Development Representative (BDR) Program. The BDR program has evolved into an excellent three phase training and work experience for up and coming sales professionals or recent college graduates who are trying to define a sales/career path. FACT: Some of Logi's top Sales Representatives started as a Logi BDR and went thru the program. FACT: Our BDR's turned Logi Reps are making $$$$$.

Senior management is invested into their employees at all levels and will take time to meet with Logi employees either thru one-on-one, team meetings or an impromptu chit chat in one of our many kitchens.

More pros-free parking, great location (Tysons Corner), attractive office space, barbecues

Fun environment! Laughs, sounds of cheer from Logi folks playing fuse ball are often heard in the halls.

ConsNeed more offices with windows to the outside world.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest, nurture and cultivate the Logi environment.

Decent Company

ProsWork life balance, Casual environment

ConsLegacy applications, Career growth, Benefits

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strangest place I've ever worked!

Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsMet some nice people and made some friends. Learned a lot about what I don't want in a work environment ever again. I have some great stories about the craziness of this place!

ConsFounder built a company based on his own lack of trust and respect for others. That got better when a new CEO was brought in, but there's definitely an old boys club feeling there. Hire a lot of unqualified people so there's a constant revolving door of employees.

Incredible Opportunity to be a part of a growing company in a space that is exploding

McLean, VA

ProsLeadership is open, honest and upfront about expectations and goals. The BI/Analytics space is one of the hottest markets in tech and Logi is positioned as one of only legitimate "Challengers" in the market according to Gartner. Product strategy, marketing and partnerships has gone through a major overhaul and it's leaders are ready to take the company to the next level.

ConsGrowing Pains. Company is going through what all companies go through as they grow and that can turn some people off. Compared to other software companies the company culture is lacking and the work environment tends to be a little insulated.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture and team development. Personal development, benefits for expectant mothers and more robust team spirit

MASS LAYOFFS. BE VERY CAREFUL WORKING HERE! This company may be out of business in a year.

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsSome decent people. BI is a good industry to be in right now.

ConsGrew way too fast. Don't take care of employees. Over 100% turnover in Sales Dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel sorry for the VC's that invested money in this company.

Flag Review
    Logi Analytics Director of Human Resources responded to this review Apr 29, 2014 EditDelete
    We always regret when an employee leaves Logi Analytics and certainly regret when someone is upset about their departure. Logi is doing well. There are no plans for any lay offs. We are growing ... More

Turnover is extremely high. Not confident this company will make it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice office
    Good SW Engineers/Support
    Good coffee

ConsSales continue to slump
    Between layoffs and turnover almost the entire sales dept has left (20+ people)
    Product has a lot of gaps
    Customer service is very poor

Advice to Senior ManagementWhoever funded the company should get more involved

Too little, too late...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people. Too bad the ones running sales don't know what they're doing.

ConsThe product is no longer competitive, sales management is inept, and engineering is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-tool..QUICKLY.

Good stepping stone

Business Development Representative (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

Pros- Great base for a BI career
    - Living wage
    - Calm atmosphere

Cons- Horrid management
    - Completely uncoordinated business processes
    - Blatant lying in terms of compensation packages and business processes.
    - Extremely frustrating working with any management.
    - Management cannot agree on any policies, constant confusion and misinformation on how to effectively execute your job.

Advice to Senior Management- Define actual rules of engagement and write them down for all segments to understand and to adhere to.
    - Be on the same page with other managers and be consistent with communication down the line.

13 yrs Old company Acts Like Upstart

Sales (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsGreat Selection of free Green Mts Coffe and Utz Chips...

ConsHiring and promoting unproven and inexperienced people for key senior mgmt roles. Super slow response to market conditions and client demands, i.e. data discovery/data visualization tool recently released. Architecture is old and needs to be re-engineered. Weak product road-map, co's will buy some- but never ent. wide- to test b/c pricing model is off the charts cheap. Astounding a 13 yrs old co. has Never had a proven EVP of Sales and Marketing in place. Weak benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoard and investors need to hold senior mgmt more accountable. Sack the resume building execs who bring nothing to party and get rid of cronyism hiring.

Worked for Logi Analytics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Logi Analytics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Logi Analytics CEO Brett Jackson. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Logi Analytics employees.