Logic PD Reviews

Reset
2.2
Bruce DeWitt

A changing company

I have been working at Logic PD full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Outside companies bring us a variety of work that involve a range of technologies so that one is exposed to plenty of different technical areas.

Cons

Lack of ownership in the actual products clients bring us. Often they're asking us to help setup their baseline system rather than actually creating a full system for us. While we help them get off their feet, we don't have as much ownership in the products that we create. Company feels stagnant right now. Leadership has restructured the company several times with the current CEO, and each restructuring has let go long-time employees of the company and hired new employees each time. In some ways this makes the company feel unstable, although, one isn't in the line of fire if one isn't in the higher ranks.

Advice to Management

I would love to see more of a focus on retention of existing employees rather than restructuring the company. That is, we should do all we can to keep the employees during the restructuring. For most of these changes usually the people involved part ways, unfortunately, and that makes for lower morale among the ranks.

2. Wide variety of experience

Former Employee - Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Logic PD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many different types of customers and many types of technology used in the products. You never do the same type of work for very long, so if you like variety, it's a cool place. The company has a current focus on Medical technology, which can provide good experience with rigor in design.

Cons

If you don't enjoy rigor in design, this isn't the place for you. Lot's of quality processes, documentation requirements, peer review, etc. it wasn't my back of tricks - I opted to move on.

Advice to Management

A lot of people complain about the Exec management, but I am ex military too, and actually appreciate the extremely direct approach. I didn't have a problem with it.

Toxic environment, horrible culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Logic PD (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovative products, good benefits, interesting people.

Cons

Toxic environment, too many restructures, job security is non-existent. Top leaders focus on getting people out the door rather than develop and support employees. Office politics are at a high at this company.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your "leaders" and consider a restructure from the top-down.

Toxic Environment

I have been working at Logic PD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good market space from a product development standpoint; very good benefits such as health care, 401K, etc; solid history of engineering; some really good people still there

Cons

Horrible environment from the top down. Engineering management is lacking leadership and competence; there is a re-structure every month and the CEO makes it clear firings will continue until moral improves. Disagree with the wrong person and they fire you. Some truly evil people on the executive leadership team.

Advice to Management

Stop the madness. Figure out what the plan is; stick to it; empower your people (not just lip service); focus on building "team" not just top execs -- or leave!

Unstable At Best

Former Employee - Program/Account Management in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Program/Account Management in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Logic PD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make many great products and have a great engineering team.

Cons

Extreme turnover due to firing and restructuring. No one is secure at this company. Constant turmoil and change. They have let go of many dedicated talented employees to make the bottom line. Very very little growth and new opportunities coming in the door. Building many legacy/spare items.

Advice to Management

Ruthless and worried about the bottom dollar. Management at all levels and groups have lost respect from current employees but they do not care.

Evil People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

fellow low level workers are really nice

Cons

Evil folks at the top love to throw "I can fire you" in your face. Previous good review is also incorrect and most likely a fake as it appears the CEO is once again stretching the truth.

Advice to Management

Wipe the group clean and start over. ELT is really bad and it all starts at the top!

Potential Employees Beware

I worked at Logic PD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun products, great engineering and design talent

Cons

Bipolar management, constantly changing initiatives. CEO and leadership team emotionally unstable. VP of R&D is a poor business manager that regularly uses employee layoffs as a way to make quarterly numbers. Little respect for people and the talents they bring to the job. Won't be long before they will have to close up shop because there is nobody left to do the work.

Program Management

I have been working at Logic PD full-time

Pros

Excellent company to work for. Has good benifits, great people, and dedicated to continously improve. Management can have a flexible work schedule.

Cons

Not sure direction company is heading. virtually no growth the last couple of years. High rate of employee turn over during this time same period.

Advice to Management

Embrace manufacturing and invest in it. Capital equipment is getting old and hard to compete when you don't have current technology

Needs an Overhaul at the top

I worked at Logic PD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good individual contributors needing leadership and guidance. Manufacturing operations has been top performing unit the last 2+ years.

Cons

Minneapolis location exodus of key talent continues. almost 100% new management.Lost and losing hundreds of years of experience. Culture and environment very toxic.

Advice to Management

Board of Directors needs to Step in and bring in growth oriented CEO with experience.

Shipping Specialist

I worked at Logic PD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and flexible hours

Cons

Lots of micro managing and very hostile environment to work in. Poor managment team and lots of favoritism for those who enforces a hostile environment. Would not recommend anyone to work for this place.

Advice to Management

Clean up your management team and leads. Time to find real people who actually works and stop pushing out those who actually works.

RSS Feed </> Embed