Logic20/20

1. Featured Review

A Great Company to Work With

Former Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Logic20/20 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Logic20/20 fosters learning and growth. It offers several opportunities to learn though workshops and also funds online courses for employees. The work environment is very friendly and everyone is easy to reach out to and ready to help, including the senior leadership and the CEO. A great place for analysts to jump start their foray into consulting. The company is growing fast and has a solid and rapidly diversifying client base. They also focus on company values and ethics, a great plus in my mind! The company also plans social activities every month - good opportunities to talk about work and growth and get to know others.

Cons

The 401K plan could be better.

Senior Developer

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like variety in my projects and from have work on five completely different projects in two years. Each team has been strong and the cloud based projects make the work relevant. The company invests in all kinds of training and put a big group of us through SCRUM training this month.
    There are always people to learn from and teach.

Cons

More projects that allow the tech team to grow the business consulting skills would be good to keep everyone interested 100% of the time.

Keep us busy on great projects and you'll keep this team a long time.

Oct 17, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

It's great that you appreciate the investment that Logic is making. We strive to insure that this is a learning culture and we hope that
    ... More

A stepping stone to something better

I worked at Logic20/20 full-time

Pros

Depending on your client, work life balance can be great. They pay for all employees medical/dental. They try to have events for employees to mingle. Pay is decent.

Cons

While they want to be a reputable consulting firm, they are merely a staffing agency for Microsoft. Recruiters will says whatever they can to get you in the door.The quality of leadership is sub-par, especially from immediate supervisors. While they say training opportunities are something they value, they try to find the cheapest training around - so the quality of the training often lacks. Promotions are based on how long you've been at the company and how well you network to senior management (bragging about how awesome you are) - not necessarily on your skills/abilities. This company should be viewed as a stepping stone to better opportunities. Turnover is pretty high. PTO is 10 days a year.

Could go either way

I worked at Logic20/20 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are great. Genuine collegiality. People have fun and work hard together. I spent a year+ and liked it there. I liked all most of my client jobs (4/5 is pretty good) and got to participate in valuable biz ops assignments while on the bench. There are some real superstars in the consulting ranks who I learned a lot from from. The experience helped my career, overall.

Cons

Good leadership is virtually non-existent, but that may be starting to change with some recent additions from the outside. Some of the leaders are about themselves to the point of it being ridiculous. This self-involvement can be blatantly expense of the company's welfare (and the consultants sometimes). In addition to their own reputations as leaders. There is an air of skeptical, distanced distrust for the leadership within the firm This undermines what some of the stronger leaders want/hope to achieve. There is a lack of integrity permeating in the absence of desperately needed processes and taking an effective outcome orientation in terms of delegation. And there are these bizarre "interventions" on a whim into projects that are often counterproductive. The addition of the CFO and some other recent hires at the director and manager level from the outside has begun some positive change but these recent additions are far, far ahead of the rest of the leadership team. Theyve been struggling for quite a while to become a consulting firm instead of a staffing firm for one major client, and to grow much past 100 people. There is going to have to be a shake up. Some key leaders are going to have to look in the mirror and either step up a lot, or step aside. JMHO.

Face facts. There are significant issues within the leadership. The consultants see it. Clients and potential clients have seen it. Some kind of shakeup will have to occur before all that talent can really come together as a growing and thriving consulting firm.

Feb 1, 2015Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and concerns.
    While we are still a young company, we actively pursue the top talent needed to propel us to the next level – both at the
    ... More

Not a great place to start a career

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Logic20/20

Pros

The majority of the employees and management are incredibly nice, and competent.

Cons

Management doesn't always take the best interest or skills of employees into account, and though it represents itself as a consulting firm, it largely does Staff Aug.

Feb 1, 2015Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Our employees are what set Logic20/20 apart from other firms. We strive to support our employees in the best ways we can, and continually look for ways to invest in their professional development ... More

Mostly a low-rent Microsoft staffing firm

I worked at Logic20/20

Pros

This might be a good place to build your resume if you're inexperienced, and you end up on a good project (or projects), and you're willing to be deal with crappy benefits and PTO for a year or two.

Talented coworkers and dedicated administrative staff.

Cons

-Run by a bunch of privileged white guys who are somehow managing to exploit minority-owned business incentives. Only one female in senior leadership. All senior leadership is white. Very much a good old boys club. A particularly obnoxious leader actually referred to my adult female colleague as "that girl," because despite her years of tenure, he couldn't recall her name.
    -Unpleasant and uncomfortable physical work environments both at Logic and at Microsoft.
    -Unreal attrition: 100-person company and at least 10 people left in my first month.
    -You are only as good as your billable hours.
    -Professional development opportunities are meaningless except to those with very new careers.

-Consider the questionable ethics of rich white guys exploiting minority-owned business status.
    -Compare your attrition rate to other consulting companies and ask yourself what you're doing wrong, or just own up to being a staffing agency.
    -Be a better place to work by offering enough PTO that a person can afford to, in the same year, go on vacation AND be able to not work if seriously ill.

Feb 6, 2015Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

To address a number of them. Logic20/20 is a certified minority owned business and certified by three separate bodies: the
    ... More

The jury's still out on my experience with this company

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers, good projects (for the most part), mgmt and SLT come in constant contact, informally at least, tons of internal initiatives and a company that truly looks to protect it's employees

Cons

Difficulty to scale with a rapidly growing workforce, staff augmentation (at times!), mgmt with sometimes no prior mgmt experience, varying types of employees within a level and no set standards on what the client can expect when they hire an analyst, consultant, etc., lack of transparency in decision making, employees on more difficult projects are not rewarded with monetarily/non-monetary forms, lack of clear career mgmt practices and system, resources stretched too much too often

Drop the ACT - we know you don't know it all. You have as much to learn from us as we do from you.

Trying hard, getting closer.

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company does try to accommodate people's interests and career goals when planning their client engagements. While it may be hard for quieter soft spoken types to get any sort of career traction, most senior staff is willing to mentor or advise anyone who asks. You need to ask and take charge of your own personal direction.

Cons

Struggling to grow past the 100 person limit for several years now. Still identifying processes & procedures. Hires high quality people but loses a lot after 1-2 years. Promotions are hard to come by and depend a lot on your ability to socialize and market yourself internally. (Company uses stack ranking system.) If you get stuck on a small team with a low profile project, there really is nothing you can do to get a raise/promotion.

Difficult to balance work/life when asked to participate on internal projects while maintaining 40hrs billable.

Nov 25, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

While we grow, the need for career development remains a top priority as we want to invest fully into all of our employees. We try to provide as many opportunities as possible for feedback to be ... More

Considering looking elsewhere......

Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Smart & hard working people are commonplace. Location is centrally located on South Lake Union. Tons of opportunities to get involved in different aspects of the business such as business development, training, & organizing social events.

Cons

If you are in the office for any length of time it can be cramped and noisy and the furniture is cheap. Benefit package is weak, particularly PTO and 401k. If not careful can get pigeon-holed in a role/client.

In consulting as in many industries you get what you pay for. Pay top end and you'll see reduced turnover and increased loyalty. Invest in bigger office space and real furnishings.

Oct 17, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.
    We have been growing at a rapid pace which has in turn grown our consultant workforce and we are currently looking for the right

A good place to work

Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Logic20/20 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cognizant of work-life balance for the most part, and most benefits are satisfactory; promote an environment that encourages growth.

Cons

PTO is incredibly substandard; decisions that affect you are often made on very short notice with little communication

Oct 17, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Although you are no longer with us we really appreciate your feedback. Employees are the life blood of our organization and we understand that there is a need for balance between work and life. We ... More