Logic20/20

Senior Developer

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like variety in my projects and from have work on five completely different projects in two years. Each team has been strong and the cloud based projects make the work relevant. The company invests in all kinds of training and put a big group of us through SCRUM training this month.
    There are always people to learn from and teach.

Cons

More projects that allow the tech team to grow the business consulting skills would be good to keep everyone interested 100% of the time.

Keep us busy on great projects and you'll keep this team a long time.

Oct 17, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

It's great that you appreciate the investment that Logic is making. We strive to insure that this is a learning culture and we hope that
    ... More

The jury's still out on my experience with this company

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers, good projects (for the most part), mgmt and SLT come in constant contact, informally at least, tons of internal initiatives and a company that truly looks to protect it's employees

Cons

Difficulty to scale with a rapidly growing workforce, staff augmentation (at times!), mgmt with sometimes no prior mgmt experience, varying types of employees within a level and no set standards on what the client can expect when they hire an analyst, consultant, etc., lack of transparency in decision making, employees on more difficult projects are not rewarded with monetarily/non-monetary forms, lack of clear career mgmt practices and system, resources stretched too much too often

Drop the ACT - we know you don't know it all. You have as much to learn from us as we do from you.

Trying hard, getting closer.

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company does try to accommodate people's interests and career goals when planning their client engagements. While it may be hard for quieter soft spoken types to get any sort of career traction, most senior staff is willing to mentor or advise anyone who asks. You need to ask and take charge of your own personal direction.

Cons

Struggling to grow past the 100 person limit for several years now. Still identifying processes & procedures. Hires high quality people but loses a lot after 1-2 years. Promotions are hard to come by and depend a lot on your ability to socialize and market yourself internally. (Company uses stack ranking system.) If you get stuck on a small team with a low profile project, there really is nothing you can do to get a raise/promotion.

Difficult to balance work/life when asked to participate on internal projects while maintaining 40hrs billable.

Nov 25, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

While we grow, the need for career development remains a top priority as we want to invest fully into all of our employees. We try to provide as many opportunities as possible for feedback to be ... More

Considering looking elsewhere......

Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart & hard working people are commonplace. Location is centrally located on South Lake Union. Tons of opportunities to get involved in different aspects of the business such as business development, training, & organizing social events.

Cons

If you are in the office for any length of time it can be cramped and noisy and the furniture is cheap. Benefit package is weak, particularly PTO and 401k. If not careful can get pigeon-holed in a role/client.

In consulting as in many industries you get what you pay for. Pay top end and you'll see reduced turnover and increased loyalty. Invest in bigger office space and real furnishings.

Oct 17, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.
    We have been growing at a rapid pace which has in turn grown our consultant workforce and we are currently looking for the right
    ... More

Depends where you are in your career

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This place is great if this is your first experience making north of 50k a year. Location is great if you live near by and great that offerings are identical to other companies so ramp up is quick. Basically like a real estate agent, you could work anywhere, so I was up to speed day 1. Also great if you play rugby because you get automatic favoritism. I would suggest say you play or like even if you do not play!

Cons

Turn over is amazing. I feel more leave than start, or at least 50/50. Because you are always at client, cheap furniture and tight quarters was a reality when in the office. Vacation was near impossible to take and I was told by senior of all leaders when you take a vacation and you are billable that costs him money. Very traditional company and I am in the process of leaving to find a more youthful vibrant company. Worried company would not survive if they lose their one very large customer who just changed their hiring of consultants!

Drop the dress code and improve the office environment. It is felt (if not known) management says one things and does another.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working for Logic, the people are great and fun. Logic strives to be one of the best places to work, and they do their best to use this mission when making decisions. Although financially it can be hard to start matching 401k, or increase PTO, etc., leadership does take employee well-being and satisfaction into account when making decisions.

Cons

Work space/office could be cramped, need to expand.
    Training for managing people (not just projects) needed at Manager & Senior Manager level.

Continue to keep your mission at heart.

Oct 17, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments
    It's great to hear you love working for Logic, we really do strive to be one of the best place to work for. We attempt to solicit feedback from

A good place to work

Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Logic20/20 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cognizant of work-life balance for the most part, and most benefits are satisfactory; promote an environment that encourages growth.

Cons

PTO is incredibly substandard; decisions that affect you are often made on very short notice with little communication

Oct 17, 2014Sales and Marketing Coordinator

Although you are no longer with us we really appreciate your feedback. Employees are the life blood of our organization and we understand that there is a need for balance between work and life. We ... More

Worst consulting company I've ever worked for if you want to write awesome software

Former Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Logic20/20 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have their foot in the door at some good companies which can lead to some good experiences if you put in the time.

Compensation was fine for the market.

Cons

The office culture was very old school (in my experience). You must dress better, speak better and smell better than the clients. Even if your client is wearing death metal t-shirts to work, you must be dressed in business, which in the developer world makes you look like an outcast. Instead of being part of the 'team' I was the weird one.

It practically took an act of congress to take time off. In my experience it took multiple approvals internally and then from the client.

The mandatory consultant training is one of the most painful experiences of my career, and I've done a few of them with other companies. It seems to be more focused on dressing appropriately and finding more business than anything.

It does amaze me that this place is able to get developers in Seattle. If you're just a salesman then you'll be in the right place. If you want to write awesome software and be treated like a grown up, find another place.

Be more clear about what you're hiring for. If you need software developers, fine. But if you need consultants that are just salesmen, hire for that.

A Great Company to Work With

Former Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Logic20/20 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Logic20/20 fosters learning and growth. It offers several opportunities to learn though workshops and also funds online courses for employees. The work environment is very friendly and everyone is easy to reach out to and ready to help, including the senior leadership and the CEO. A great place for analysts to jump start their foray into consulting. The company is growing fast and has a solid and rapidly diversifying client base. They also focus on company values and ethics, a great plus in my mind! The company also plans social activities every month - good opportunities to talk about work and growth and get to know others.

Cons

The 401K plan could be better.

Great people, bad office, ok management

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Logic20/20 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of my favorite people ever work here. Great work events and everyone is great and friends to be around (with the exception of a few of the SLT members). Depending who you are with, work events are great and the managing director and his sidekick are riots!

Cons

A few of the SLT members operate like they are the most important people in the world. The highest up is very charismatic but is arrogant and thinks it goes un noticed

To those whom feel they are superior (you two know who you are) loosen up. This is a great company, but it isn't growing that fast and isn't that unique so don't play the "better than you" card.