Logicalis (USA)

Updated January 27, 2015
2.4

Logicalis (USA) CEO Vince DeLuca
Vince DeLuca

Pros
  • Good compensation, great technical resource team pre and post sales, great marketing team, good work/life balance and independance to do your job (in 3 reviews)

• There has been a cleaning of dead weight and the company seems headed in the right direction (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management should remember everyone has a boss, and it is sad to see this happen (in 4 reviews)

• You cant get anything done in under a weeks time, including getting email responses (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

The past was ok, the current is better, the future is brighter.

Current Employee - Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Last five years of turnover in executive management has been a big improvement. I've been acquainted with many parts of the organization which has grown a lot over the years through some great acquisitions. Each of these has brought some great skills and culture to Logicalis. The trajectory of the organization is on target with the direction of the market and the talent in most areas is first rate.

Cons

Positive changes in culture take some time to reach all nooks and crannies of the organization.

Keep calm and carry on. People listening to your thought leadership are encouraged, keep talking.

Executive Management is Weak

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is a great deal of opportunity to work with various businesses and solutions.

Cons

A new CEO took over and the character of the company changed dramatically. What used to be a premier solutions provider is now a contract shop. Leadership adopted a model from a small business unit and destroyed a once significant culture. The remaining Executive Leadership lacks character and vision transforming the organization to match.

Logicalis

I have been working at Logicalis (USA)

Pros

Logicalis has decent benefits in place.

Cons

Managers and directors are often not on the same page. Poor communication between many managers and their employees.

Tier 2 - Managed Services

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Company provides fairly good benefits (medical, dental, vision).

- 401k fully vested starting nearly immediately.

- The senior level/executive management team seems to be driving the company in great directions.

- You get a paycheck

Cons

- Poor middle management for the managed services side. I've never seen management work so hard to keep people that have tried so hard to get fired. It destroys morale knowing that the people blatantly doing nothing with metrics to prove it will receive the same paycheck as you.

- Poor salary offerings with poor growth. Expect to be holed into your title/tier for a long time. I've seen people that have been here for 5+ years stuck on the same team as management hires outside the company.

- Terrible problem resolution rate. Middle management and the delivery teams rarely act upon the information given to them in regards to this. As such there are a lot of tickets that generate needlessly for issues that are known to the customer and management.

- No loyalty from middle management to the engineers below Tier 3. Defending yourself against customers AND management is the norm when the issue is related to customer maintenance that impacted our ability to support them. Accusatory undertones from management (guilty until proven innocent)

- Poor to no processes. Many processes are incomplete or non-existent. This leads to complete confusion when middle management on the managed services side decides to "correct" or blame the engineers for not following a procedure that no one has ever heard of.

- All the talented engineers are finding jobs. Talent retention is not possible under the current conditions.

- High stress environment. When I leave for the day, despite working on a 24/7 team, I have no confidence that the tickets I hand off for the day will be handled in the same diligence that I put in. It's not uncommon to have your support tickets:
    1. Closed without further action
    2. Ignored completely (hope that no one notices because management can and will fault you)
    3. Completely mishandled. Skill levels vary and if you are at a higher level than the engineer they will fall back to what they know rather than what the next steps are that need to happen. It wasn't uncommon to troubleshoot an issue and have a lesser skilled engineer roll back any progress you made, repeatedly.

If it is not within the skillset of the current engineer on shift it gets put into a hold state or passed off the next morning.

- Poor coverage on shifts. Everyone is working 12 hour shifts and we have 1 or 2 engineers at the maximum working on any one shift. Which leads me to...

- Want to take some time off? You first need to find someone to work your shift (not likely to find anyone) and then you need to talk to management who urges you to work the days no coverage can be found

- There is no vertical growth, no training opportunities, and no support to do so yourself. Buying study materials to enhance your skillset? Logicalis can cover a book of $25 or less value. Get a certification that Logicalis can use? It helps the company as they use that accreditation, but you will receive no raise/bonus/promotion anytime soon.

- No escalation paths available. Have an issue that the customer is unresponsive about? You now own a ticket that will last months while management constantly is on you to resolve. Escalate to the customer delivery management team with no help, escalate to management with no help, escalate to the account exec and no help. Good luck.

- The team I work on has a large number of engineers. Of that large team I could count on my hand the people who are helpful and handle tickets correctly. A recurring issue and review of previous incidents leads to 1 ticket with any helpful notes and 37 tickets with the words "alarm cleared" after the issue had resolved itself in monitoring.

Middle management on the managed services side is ignorant of the issues at best or completely incompetent at worst. Despite numerous complaints and factual evidence regarding poor performance and sheer incompetence it seems as though they have no desire to make Logicalis as a whole better. I have brought this up to my manager(s) (I've had a different one each year) and I've brought this up to their boss, and then that bosses boss (VP level). Nothing has been addressed or fixed.

It is not uncommon among Tier 2 staff to have the few carry the many. Efforts for this are not recognized and we are rewarded with a 1% extra salary increase over our peers. Our salaries already do not match the efforts of the team. Our salaries do not even match market value.

Escalations are non-existent delaying our resolution to issues that need to be handled by higher tiers. The reason is due to the poor performers constantly passing work upwards without any effort. Those that do put in the due diligence are then having to prove themselves as there is much skepticism towards current escalations and whether this is an issue or laziness when Tier 3 needs to be engaged.

You grew much too fast without proper management or processes in place. Now there is a giant mess and despite engineers with really good ideas or willing to go the extra mile, in addition to doing our jobs well, we are greeted by radio silence or completely ignored by all levels of our management.

Too Much Process - Leads to lost sales

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Executives are very approachable and seem to want to know how they can help. There is a wealth of knowledge and resources in such a large company.

Cons

Project teams, quoting, engineers and sales all seem almost paralyzed with the processes required to move a deal forward. Little to differentiate from other less expensive firms.

Create a real value proposition and become more nimble.

Good people, great ideas, too much process

Current Employee - Account Executive in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Execs care and are approachable and visible. Company seems to be patient while ramping up book of business.

Cons

Lots of processes which leads to delay. Long time to get quotes.

Micromanagement Central

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to work, if you are a member of the HR or Legal staff. You will enjoy great flexibility and perks like never before. Everyone else actually has to report to the office and work a nine hour day.

Cons

I felt like I was in prison every single day I worked here. Employees are micromanaged to death. I couldn't make a move without my manager breathing down my neck every day. Very hostile environment where employees turn on one another. Not what you would expect from a "tech" company.

Why so many recruiters?

Ah, what used to be....

Former Employee - Management in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Management in West Chester, OH

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great technical minds for those in the trenches, some of the sharpest folks I have ever worked with, decent benefits (prior to currently offered).

Cons

No tangible recognition for those doing the work. Recognition came to those who won the business, rarely to those that supported it. New senior leadership's vision is based on a continually moving target. New seniors came in and used the "Bulldozer" tactic, as they do, to fill roles with "club members" further expanding the gap between the management team and the folks working for them. Complete disconnect between Senior Leaders and the folks manning the guns.

Remove Senior leaders and replace them with folks that truly understand where the recognition belongs. SHOW your employees your gratitude for a job well done.

Truly a terrible company with horrible leadership at all levels.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I never saw them literally murder and cannibalize anyone...

Cons

Everything. Really, I would NEVER wish this place on my worst enemy. The sales people are horrific people and allowed to act as such. To say that there is any real management is laughable. Morale is at an all time low. There are absolutely no advancement opportunities.

Hire your replacements.

Great Service Desk and Opportunities

Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I currently work at the Service Desk and am extremely happy with my job. The work is challenging, but I'm learning more and more each day, which ultimately is going to help me with my career. The Service Desk management team is great. They are friendly and don't micro-manage. I did see a previous review mention that communication was lacking and promotions were hard to come by. I'm not sure where that came from because the Service Desk currently has monthly 1on1 sessions, an agent led performance improvement team and monthly team lunches with agents and management. There has also been over 15 people that have been promoted from the Service Desk to our Managed Services division in just the past year or so. I'm happy with the opportunities and management team and work hard each day so I can earn my opportunities. Overall, the company is a great place to work and see myself being here for a long time.

Cons

None that I can think of...the phones ring alot, but that's my job :)

Keep doing what you are doing. There has been noticeable improvement over the past several years. The hard work and effort is showing.