Logicalis (USA)

Updated December 25, 2014
2.4

Logicalis (USA) CEO Vince DeLuca
Vince DeLuca

Pros
  • Good compensation, great technical resource team pre and post sales, great marketing team, good work/life balance and independance to do your job (in 3 reviews)

• There has been a cleaning of dead weight and the company seems headed in the right direction (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management should remember everyone has a boss, and it is sad to see this happen (in 4 reviews)

• You cant get anything done in under a weeks time, including getting email responses (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Logicalis

I have been working at Logicalis (USA)

Pros

Logicalis has decent benefits in place.

Cons

Managers and directors are often not on the same page. Poor communication between many managers and their employees.

The past was ok, the current is better, the future is brighter.

Current Employee - Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Last five years of turnover in executive management has been a big improvement. I've been acquainted with many parts of the organization which has grown a lot over the years through some great acquisitions. Each of these has brought some great skills and culture to Logicalis. The trajectory of the organization is on target with the direction of the market and the talent in most areas is first rate.

Cons

Positive changes in culture take some time to reach all nooks and crannies of the organization.

Keep calm and carry on. People listening to your thought leadership are encouraged, keep talking.

Too Much Process - Leads to lost sales

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Executives are very approachable and seem to want to know how they can help. There is a wealth of knowledge and resources in such a large company.

Cons

Project teams, quoting, engineers and sales all seem almost paralyzed with the processes required to move a deal forward. Little to differentiate from other less expensive firms.

Create a real value proposition and become more nimble.

Good people, great ideas, too much process

Current Employee - Account Executive in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Execs care and are approachable and visible. Company seems to be patient while ramping up book of business.

Cons

Lots of processes which leads to delay. Long time to get quotes.

Micromanagement Central

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to work, if you are a member of the HR or Legal staff. You will enjoy great flexibility and perks like never before. Everyone else actually has to report to the office and work a nine hour day.

Cons

I felt like I was in prison every single day I worked here. Employees are micromanaged to death. I couldn't make a move without my manager breathing down my neck every day. Very hostile environment where employees turn on one another. Not what you would expect from a "tech" company.

Why so many recruiters?

Ah, what used to be....

Former Employee - Management in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Management in West Chester, OH

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great technical minds for those in the trenches, some of the sharpest folks I have ever worked with, decent benefits (prior to currently offered).

Cons

No tangible recognition for those doing the work. Recognition came to those who won the business, rarely to those that supported it. New senior leadership's vision is based on a continually moving target. New seniors came in and used the "Bulldozer" tactic, as they do, to fill roles with "club members" further expanding the gap between the management team and the folks working for them. Complete disconnect between Senior Leaders and the folks manning the guns.

Remove Senior leaders and replace them with folks that truly understand where the recognition belongs. SHOW your employees your gratitude for a job well done.

Truly a terrible company with horrible leadership at all levels.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I never saw them literally murder and cannibalize anyone...

Cons

Everything. Really, I would NEVER wish this place on my worst enemy. The sales people are horrific people and allowed to act as such. To say that there is any real management is laughable. Morale is at an all time low. There are absolutely no advancement opportunities.

Hire your replacements.

Great Service Desk and Opportunities

Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Service Desk Technician in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I currently work at the Service Desk and am extremely happy with my job. The work is challenging, but I'm learning more and more each day, which ultimately is going to help me with my career. The Service Desk management team is great. They are friendly and don't micro-manage. I did see a previous review mention that communication was lacking and promotions were hard to come by. I'm not sure where that came from because the Service Desk currently has monthly 1on1 sessions, an agent led performance improvement team and monthly team lunches with agents and management. There has also been over 15 people that have been promoted from the Service Desk to our Managed Services division in just the past year or so. I'm happy with the opportunities and management team and work hard each day so I can earn my opportunities. Overall, the company is a great place to work and see myself being here for a long time.

Cons

None that I can think of...the phones ring alot, but that's my job :)

Keep doing what you are doing. There has been noticeable improvement over the past several years. The hard work and effort is showing.

Typical Reseller Environment

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Logicalis is a reseller. Simple as that. Your success is based solely on the accounts you bring to Logicalis. You need to validate these customers will follow you in your career change. Assume 50% won't follow you. Opening new accounts under Logicalis will be very difficult if you do not have a strong customer relationship.

Cons

They'll hire you for $30K only to get your current customers. Cheap investment for Logicalis. Not much creative pricing strategy, they want their 35 points on Services and a minimum of 6 points on Cisco. Cisco talent leaving Logicalis, they burnt them out. Vendor relationship is based on location, HP & IBM. Leadership very weak, non-strategic, almost humorous. Keep in mind, a salary of $30K sets the bar for the next job, not a good message. Again, Logicalis is fishing using your reputation.

No advice. If I hired people for $30K to only obtain their accounts, can't blame them. Strategically, upper management old and out of touch. They surround themselves with similar thinking individuals. Note current employee account base and time in position, no new account reps have succeeded. Most long term employees have been in place greater than 10 years. Management needs to address boarding and pay of new AM's.

Could be a great place to work

I have been working at Logicalis (USA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People there are great to work with and are generally very supportive and willing to help out. Staff is very focused on delivering quality to their customer and do a very good job despite the lack of any leadership.

Cons

Management in the Tempe office think they are a cross between Steve Jobs, Ray Kurzweil and Tony Robbins and aren’t really any of them except in their minds. There is a complete lack of leadership in the Tempe office it’s all about being self-directed and self-motivated which is management talk for leave me alone I’m busy thinking of the great next disruptive technology never-mind there’s a business to run. But keep thinking those positive thoughts because your awesome.