Logitech

Updated January 28, 2015
3.7

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company (in 8 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great and growing company culture

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly all around, there are no cubicles because it is an open environment, and there are awesome employee discounts!

Cons

Employee discounts are so crazy, you end up buying so many things to the point where you might hoard...

The internship was great, but oftentimes the dangling of a full time position offer drove the interns into paranoia. Personally, I feel that they should never be told that they are going to receive a full time position unless it is their last 2 weeks on the contract.

Great place to work

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good process for developing and launching products. Strong support for product development. Office culture is generally good. Strong existing brand value. Working here is worth showing off to friends/family. Excellent support infrastructure. High degree of flexibility in work schedule. Good benefits package and competitive compensation.

Cons

Culture may vary widely between business groups, depending on group management. Structure and resources for product follow-up beyond launch is weak. Development and sales process geared towards product volume, sometimes at the expense of brand development. Over-focus on physical, boxed, on-shelf product--software or online connected experience often not sufficiently considered or developed.

It is a great workplace.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech (less than a year)

Pros

- great people, helpful, nice, open minded
    - great salary for contractors
    - great experience with real responsibilities
    - have a wide range of work
    - company values is getting more and more innovative

Cons

- took forever to get the hiring process done (3 months after the first interview)
    - decided to extend the contract instead of hiring as a full time

please consider:
    - adding more benefits to part time employees
    - including free catering services
    - improving the quality of food
    - value part time employees and considering hire them as full time than keep extending the contract

One of my favorite companies to work for

I worked at Logitech as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good innovative creative technology and marketing teams, exciting products. Good work life balance environment. Lots of changes during recess time for the company, but still one of my favorite places I worked. Great team collaboration.

Cons

I know people were critical of management changes, and certainly they went through a rough time. I hope for the best since those changes a few years back, would return to work for them in a heartbeat.

Can't speak to current management, since I was last there in 2009. Moved out of state.

Need an overhaul

I worked at Logitech

Pros

- Fantastic Products
    - Cool new CEO with a good vision

Cons

- Old School thinking
    - Very high red tape!

Overhaul the system.

Great leadership!

Current Employee - Customer Care in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Management genuinely cares about the well being of the team.
    - Willingness and open mindedness to try new things to improve.
    - Opportunities to learn new things are offered to employees such as certifications.
    - The company is always looking to improve.
    - Mangers lead by example.
    - The CEO is interested on how employees feel at work.

Cons

- Sometimes there are communication frictions between different departments.
    - Salary can be a little bit better

- Keep on being approachable and open to new ideas
    - Keep believing in new employees and offering opportunities to grow :)

Management should be more considerate and care about their emoloyees

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Small company culture, nice people.

Cons

Senior management should care about their employees more. People have been asked to work overtime and weekends. No flexibility to work from home.

Great Branding but Weak Product Roadmap

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work for marketing folks. Strong brand ID and resilient marketing organization. They treat their product packaging like art and the creation process works. Lots of smart and loyal people work at this company. They let people jump around into new jobs which is good for personal growth of better performers.

Cons

No answer for touch technology which is a threat to the legacy peripheral business. Poor business planning as they run a very high percentage of contract workforce via 3rd party's. Furthermore contractors are treated as second class citizens. Hence a very hostile and disrespectful work atmosphere. Product planning comes down to which new commodity gadgets coming out of CES that they can slap their logo on and go to market in 90 days.

The follower strategy of slapping logos on ODM designs is not going to grow this company. Acquire an agile company with some intellectual property that is scalable. Strive to be the leader at CES not the follower.

A company on the way up ... way up

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing products ... the products are getting so much cooler, better designed, and smarter

Lots of change in culture ... almost all for the better

Fast, cool, fun ... open office, very casual but high intensity at same time

This is the most underestimated company in silicon valley

Cons

The open office needs to be 'designed' but i hear that's coming

Besides that, there just aren't any real negatives to speak of ...

Avoid working in the accounting/finance team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learnt a lot in the field of accounting.

Cons

The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company. They would request us to work during the weekend even though it was not of any urgency. We were not allowed to work from home (weekday/weekends included). The work culture in that team is that all the work needed to be done in the physical location and hence people left pretty much everyday after 8 p.m. The manager is highly inefficient in doing his job. He continues to give all the other teams, the time and freedom to continue booking journal entries but only crunch his own team to work harder without having any realistic sense of how things can take time. In fact, the CEO had announced that he wants to be connected only with his current employees but not through LinkedIn, they should reach out to him by email/phone call. Because they are no longer worthy of his time. This is a company, where one can learn on how not to be a bad manager/company and learn to respect its employees to say that it is perfectly fine for them to have a work-life balance. Do not join this team, if you have an health condition that needs a doctor's appointment even once a month. They have clearly stated that it disrupts the work and will consider you to be an efficient employee. I'm glad I no longer belong to this team.

Learn to respect your employees and create a work-life balance so that I can contribute more.