Logitech
www.logitech.com Newark, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Logitech Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Bracken Darrell

Pros:
  • "Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Great products, great people, great travel"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance can be better"
    in 7 reviews
  • "senior management seems to be out of refreshing ideas"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

great work life balance

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

Proslove the work life balance. work can be demanding, but overall a very good work environment. great team that works hard together. sometimes not everyone pulls their own weight, but at least work gets done. i love the flexible work schedule and not having someone look over my work like a hawk.. like at my old company.

Conscompany tries to reinvent themselves into a "start-up" like company too much, but there is good intention. we need to hire more people with more ambition and drive. some people are just "stuck" in their position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease change the names on the conference rooms. The names are super confusing and I have to constantly ask to find a meeting location ...

Brilliant minds, great products, bad politics

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Camas, WA

ProsFair compensation, great benefits, fun environment, exciting work, great perks, awesome people (intelligent and friendly)

ConsPolitics in upper management; bad decisions regarding product lines means lots of time wasted developing great things which never saw the light of day

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch the big picture

Fun workplace, great people, and nice benefits.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsAwesome managers. Supportive team. Love coming to work. Managers let us own projects. Great employment growth potential!!!!! Cool products, especially the UE Boom! I also love the new building compared to the old one...I like that we moved all moved from two buildings to one building recently too.

There's a company huddle every week where the CEO speaks at too with free raffles!

ConsOpen space area can get noisy and distracting, but at least I can talk to others easier. More collaboration. It's good and bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far. Great job, Bracken.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun workplace, good benefits, but lacks

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsI LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY!!!!!! Supportive team. I can walk to any department within 5 minutes whenever I need a quick response. Great work benefits too! I love our CEO!! He's good looking too.. =]

ConsWe need to have more company events!! Logitech also needs to hire more recent college graduates to the workplace too.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany huddles are fun! Please add more fun events!

Great place to work at---especially for an intern!

Intern (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsI look forward to coming to my internship everyday, which sounds kind of weird! That says a lot, especially since it's a far commute. Compared to my previous internship at another tech company, Logitech treats me a lot better. My opinions and ideas actually get heard without much bureaucracy. The open office space, which I thought I would hate, is actually not too bad.

The internship program is pretty sweet too. Each week, the program hosts Lunch and Learns where they invite senior executives to come speak and share awesome prototypes. On top of that, they are planning about 3-4 off-site activities, which includes pay! We are going to the SF Giants game next week and I'm super stoked! We also get showered with Logitech swag and other fun exciting giveaways.

My manager also takes time to check on me without micromanaging. Trust me, I have had my share of that at previous internships and I was so happy this department doesn't do that. Logitech is not a cut-throat company, nor is it "very corporate" either. I love this start-up and small company atmosphere!

Logitech also hosts a series of fun events! Yesterday, they invited Baskin Robbins to come over and deliver ice cream.

ConsI wish there was free food, but the cafeteria isn't that bad either! Logitech should also host workshops for management training and technical skills too. This would be a huge hit and I would definitely join, especially as an inter.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have only been here for a little bit, but I can already feel a great positive improvement in company culture! Please continue the great transparency, especially among the high executives. It's always nice seeing them at the cafeteria, or walking down the halls so casually.

The worst company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsInteresting products. Most of my immediate team members were fantastic- but almost all are looking for new jobs.

ConsThis is the worst company I have ever worked for- and I came here from a company voted Worst Company in America two years in a row. Wholly incompetent leadership at the C-level that trickles down. I've heard it said that A-level people hire A-level people- but B and C level people hire C and D level people in order to feel superior to someone, and the latter is definitely the work culture here. A lot of rhetoric about "acting like a start-up"- an impossibility for a 30+ year old company, especially one that does not offer the benefits or perks of working for a start-up- at an offsite, we were told that we were all expected to work long hours and wear multiple hats (with no equity or other start-up benefits). Upper management in fact does not know what acting like a start up means: in a recent blog post from the CEO, he mentioned that from a recent momentum survey it seemed like a lot of people were confused about what that meant- and that at the leadership level THEY knew what it meant- but what did WE think it meant? This pretty transparently signaled that they didn't know- and were in fact crowdsourcing from their own employees for cues. We were recently moved to an awful open-office configuration, which the C-level seemed to spend more time on than fixing actual company problems. We were also fed the line that it was to make more collaboration possible- my team in fact got moved further away from each other in the new arrangement, whereas we'd been able to turn around and talk to each other when we were in cubes, we now could no longer even see each other. The open-office arrangement was actually a cost-cutting solution to get all employees into one building but fed to us as some sort of start-up culture garbage.

I have also never worked anywhere where politics were as fully and awfully transparent. Many individuals are clearly only interested in their own advancement and perceived "power". I had to work with people who clearly did not have the skill-set or basic competence for their positions and ended up doing extra work to clean up after them- they had only been hired or promoted due to being some executive's pet as their only work skills appeared to be making an executive feel important. In addition, management frequently makes questionable and illogical decisions. Those who question these decisions with logic, metrics, or even common sense are moved to other business units, demoted, or laid off.

The work hours are awful due to working with all regions across the world and being expected to conform to their schedules. It is not uncommon in one day to have a 6am meeting with Europe that you need to be in the office for, and an 8pm meeting with Asia, and to be called multiple times on the weekend in the middle of the night by Asia.

Employees are very obviously extremely demotivated, depressed, and looking for new jobs. As I had always loved Logitech products before going to work there, it saddened me greatly to see the reality of how awful things actually were in the company. I only worked there a year and saw many great coworkers depart, and also 6 layoffs, many of which were conducted secretly and subversively, and not communicated out (in one meeting I mentioned a process may be slower due to someone being laid off two weeks ago, only to have almost everyone in the room express surprise- "No wonder he hasn't been replying to my emails!")

Additionally, towards the end of my time there, I was told that I had been expected to have been doing a whole other completely different job that I did not even have an applicable skill-set or experience in, in addition to the job I was already doing despite the fact that it had never been communicated to me (and it was acknowledged that this was never communicated to me- apparently psychic powers are also something employees at Logitech are supposed to have). Thankfully this was around the time I already knew I had an offer from a better company coming- but if there ever was a nail in the coffin, that was it. I would never recommend anyone go work here. In fact, when I was leaving, a friend went to go interview here despite my advice to her not to (she was hoping a different business group would not have the same issues I was experiencing) and immediately afterward she told me I had been right, and that the dysfunction and toxicity of the work environment had been readily apparent from one on-site interview alone.

I whole-heartedly do not recommend anyone go work here and hope that members of my team will all be successful in their current job-searches.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs a complete rehaul as the current C-level is not equipped in any way to effectively handle a turnaround. Stop wasting time on lying to your employees about start-up culture and open-office spaces- spend time on fixing the contentious relationship between regions, stop making the business units compete against each other, and fix the horrible problems in procurement. Stop promoting brown-nosing people who have not demonstrated applicable job skills. In fact- the board should just outright replace the entire C-level.

Great products

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products, great people, great travel

Consbusy busy busy, travel sometimes too much

Advice to Senior Managementkeep going with the changes

Unsure of their future direction. For now, still a mouse company.

Newark, CA

ProsVery casual atmosphere, healthy balance sheet, trying to adapt to the modern tech world. Benefits are good, and vacation time is competitive. You can learn a lot here that will help you at your next job.

ConsLogitech recently changed the Newark office environment to an "open office", which basically means no offices, no cubes. Everyone sits in rows of 30" x 60" tables, with a rolling file cabinet. This is supposed to help us collaborate, but it is noisy, distracting and depressing. It was actually done to reduce leased space.

The mantra here is small company, big products. This means that each person is getting more responsibility, as head count is reduced. Work/life balance is terrible. Actually taking vacation time is almost impossible. Most people I work with have maxed their vacation days and are burning them because they can't take time off.

Logitech is multinational and will shift every task to Asia if possible, so expect to work long hours to work in multiple time zones.

Advice to Senior ManagementLogitech needs to be a more aggressive competitor.

Interview Process- Intern

Finance Intern (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsI could not have asked for anything better for my very first internship. The team that I work for, are always friendly and are interested in seeing me learn everyday. I wish the internship was a little longer than 3 months. The overall process was pretty quick. They got back to me within a week from the interview. Nothing to complain about!

ConsNothing that needs any improvement.

Great place to work!

Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsGreat team of people who help you learn and grow. Your ideas are listened to and used for future projects. It is so nice to finally be heard. Small company feel with big company products!

ConsI don't have anything negative to say about Logitech. Thoroughly enjoying my time here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!

Logitech – Why Work for Us?

Focused on innovation and quality, Logitech designs personal peripherals to help people enjoy a better experience with the digital world. We started in 1981 with mice, which (new at the time) provided a more intuitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Logitech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Logitech CEO Bracken Darrell . All 182 reviews posted anonymously by Logitech employees.