Logitech
www.logitech.com Newark, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Logitech Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Bracken Darrell

Pros:
  • "Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Great products, great people, great travel"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance can be better"
    in 7 reviews
  • "senior management seems to be out of refreshing ideas"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company. Great people. Great products.

Newark, CA

ProsIt's incredible to be surrounded with people who are passionate and care about what they do - designing and delivering amazing products. The recent open environment work spaces are just one example of how the company is transforming how we collaborate and how we work - it's so refreshing. You can feel the transformation underway. Can't wait to see what's next.

ConsI'm a happy camper. N/A.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue inspiring and leading us to be the best at what we do.

great work life balance

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

Proslove the work life balance. work can be demanding, but overall a very good work environment. great team that works hard together. sometimes not everyone pulls their own weight, but at least work gets done. i love the flexible work schedule and not having someone look over my work like a hawk.. like at my old company.

Conscompany tries to reinvent themselves into a "start-up" like company too much, but there is good intention. we need to hire more people with more ambition and drive. some people are just "stuck" in their position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease change the names on the conference rooms. The names are super confusing and I have to constantly ask to find a meeting location ...

Fun workplace, good benefits, but lacks

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsI LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY!!!!!! Supportive team. I can walk to any department within 5 minutes whenever I need a quick response. Great work benefits too! I love our CEO!! He's good looking too.. =]

ConsWe need to have more company events!! Logitech also needs to hire more recent college graduates to the workplace too.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany huddles are fun! Please add more fun events!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun workplace, great people, and nice benefits.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsAwesome managers. Supportive team. Love coming to work. Managers let us own projects. Great employment growth potential!!!!! Cool products, especially the UE Boom! I also love the new building compared to the old one...I like that we moved all moved from two buildings to one building recently too.

There's a company huddle every week where the CEO speaks at too with free raffles!

ConsOpen space area can get noisy and distracting, but at least I can talk to others easier. More collaboration. It's good and bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far. Great job, Bracken.

Great place to work at---especially for an intern!

Intern (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsI look forward to coming to my internship everyday, which sounds kind of weird! That says a lot, especially since it's a far commute. Compared to my previous internship at another tech company, Logitech treats me a lot better. My opinions and ideas actually get heard without much bureaucracy. The open office space, which I thought I would hate, is actually not too bad.

The internship program is pretty sweet too. Each week, the program hosts Lunch and Learns where they invite senior executives to come speak and share awesome prototypes. On top of that, they are planning about 3-4 off-site activities, which includes pay! We are going to the SF Giants game next week and I'm super stoked! We also get showered with Logitech swag and other fun exciting giveaways.

My manager also takes time to check on me without micromanaging. Trust me, I have had my share of that at previous internships and I was so happy this department doesn't do that. Logitech is not a cut-throat company, nor is it "very corporate" either. I love this start-up and small company atmosphere!

Logitech also hosts a series of fun events! Yesterday, they invited Baskin Robbins to come over and deliver ice cream.

ConsI wish there was free food, but the cafeteria isn't that bad either! Logitech should also host workshops for management training and technical skills too. This would be a huge hit and I would definitely join, especially as an inter.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have only been here for a little bit, but I can already feel a great positive improvement in company culture! Please continue the great transparency, especially among the high executives. It's always nice seeing them at the cafeteria, or walking down the halls so casually.

Logitech, one of the greatest companies to work for.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Lausanne (Switzerland)

ProsThe people are simply professional (most). The company is very consumer focused and is listening to the consumers. It is clearly a high-tech and high-quality environment where people are important contributors.

ConsAs a European, I've seen the company power moving more and more to the US from where most decisions are taken. This is not a good tendency and a very short-term thinking. You cannot run a global structure successfully out of the US. People think different in different parts of the world.

Too many products in the past lead to bad focus. Looks like it has become better over the last 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementHandle US out of US, Europe out of Europe and Asia out of Asia instead of centralizing more and more in US. One day that will hit you back like a boomerang.
    Keep good people and get rid of the weak ones and not the other way round like done in several times in the past.

Great place to work!

Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsGreat team of people who help you learn and grow. Your ideas are listened to and used for future projects. It is so nice to finally be heard. Small company feel with big company products!

ConsI don't have anything negative to say about Logitech. Thoroughly enjoying my time here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Great products

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products, great people, great travel

Consbusy busy busy, travel sometimes too much

Advice to Senior Managementkeep going with the changes

Incredibly awesome place!

Helpdesk Engineer II (Former Employee)
    Camas, WA

ProsGreat crowd to work with, nice perks, incentives. Jeans, tee-shirt, premium coffeemakers, fun environment. You know when a manager walks in with a tee-shirt and holes in the knees of his jeans, and there's music quotes on every wall, and a dry erase WALL (three!) that you can write on, it's a great place to be.

ConsI was only a short-term contractor. I'd love to be a FT employee!

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat work! Robert R. (who I reported to) made me feel welcome, relaxed, and a part of the team.

Awesome

Technical Lead (Former Employee)
    Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsFair salary, excellent corporate culture, awesome team

ConsIt's a pity they closed Canadian site...

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your technical guys' opinion more seriously... Do not put all eggs in one basket - trying to jump into Google TV thing almost bankrupted the company, while ALL technical leads warned against betting on it that hard. The CEO of those days is gone anyway....

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!

Logitech – Why Work for Us?

Focused on innovation and quality, Logitech designs personal peripherals to help people enjoy a better experience with the digital world. We started in 1981 with mice, which (new at the time) provided a more intuitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Logitech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Logitech CEO Bracken Darrell . All 183 reviews posted anonymously by Logitech employees.