Logitech

Updated August 20, 2014

3.5

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better (in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

STRONGLY NOT recommending working at the Finance department

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

Pros

50% employee discount. The company make some very cool products.

Cons

Strongly not recommending working at the Logitech Finance department. Can not say too much right now, because I still need the job before getting out of here. Plus the CEO encourages employees to leave good reviews about the company.

If there were any culture change happening, it was getting worse.

Company is in hands of wrong person.

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Pros

Once upon a time it was great company but now cannot be trusted

Cons

Company management seems to be confused n HR cannot be trusted. Do not speak up.

Go get a degree in management n get some experience. U guys don't know how to manage a good brand

The worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Pros

Interesting products. Most of my immediate team members were fantastic- but almost all are looking for new jobs.

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever worked for- and I came here from a company voted Worst Company in America two years in a row. Wholly incompetent leadership at the C-level that trickles down. I've heard it said that A-level people hire A-level people- but B and C level people hire C and D level people in order to feel superior to someone, and the latter is definitely the work culture here. A lot of rhetoric about "acting like a start-up"- an impossibility for a 30+ year old company, especially one that does not offer the benefits or perks of working for a start-up- at an offsite, we were told that we were all expected to work long hours and wear multiple hats (with no equity or other start-up benefits). Upper management in fact does not know what acting like a start up means: in a recent blog post from the CEO, he mentioned that from a recent momentum survey it seemed like a lot of people were confused about what that meant- and that at the leadership level THEY knew what it meant- but what did WE think it meant? This pretty transparently signaled that they didn't know- and were in fact crowdsourcing from their own employees for cues. We were recently moved to an awful open-office configuration, which the C-level seemed to spend more time on than fixing actual company problems. We were also fed the line that it was to make more collaboration possible- my team in fact got moved further away from each other in the new arrangement, whereas we'd been able to turn around and talk to each other when we were in cubes, we now could no longer even see each other. The open-office arrangement was actually a cost-cutting solution to get all employees into one building but fed to us as some sort of start-up culture garbage.

I have also never worked anywhere where politics were as fully and awfully transparent. Many individuals are clearly only interested in their own advancement and perceived "power". I had to work with people who clearly did not have the skill-set or basic competence for their positions and ended up doing extra work to clean up after them- they had only been hired or promoted due to being some executive's pet as their only work skills appeared to be making an executive feel important. In addition, management frequently makes questionable and illogical decisions. Those who question these decisions with logic, metrics, or even common sense are moved to other business units, demoted, or laid off.

The work hours are awful due to working with all regions across the world and being expected to conform to their schedules. It is not uncommon in one day to have a 6am meeting with Europe that you need to be in the office for, and an 8pm meeting with Asia, and to be called multiple times on the weekend in the middle of the night by Asia.

Employees are very obviously extremely demotivated, depressed, and looking for new jobs. As I had always loved Logitech products before going to work there, it saddened me greatly to see the reality of how awful things actually were in the company. I only worked there a year and saw many great coworkers depart, and also 6 layoffs, many of which were conducted secretly and subversively, and not communicated out (in one meeting I mentioned a process may be slower due to someone being laid off two weeks ago, only to have almost everyone in the room express surprise- "No wonder he hasn't been replying to my emails!")

Additionally, towards the end of my time there, I was told that I had been expected to have been doing a whole other completely different job that I did not even have an applicable skill-set or experience in, in addition to the job I was already doing despite the fact that it had never been communicated to me (and it was acknowledged that this was never communicated to me- apparently psychic powers are also something employees at Logitech are supposed to have). Thankfully this was around the time I already knew I had an offer from a better company coming- but if there ever was a nail in the coffin, that was it. I would never recommend anyone go work here. In fact, when I was leaving, a friend went to go interview here despite my advice to her not to (she was hoping a different business group would not have the same issues I was experiencing) and immediately afterward she told me I had been right, and that the dysfunction and toxicity of the work environment had been readily apparent from one on-site interview alone.

I whole-heartedly do not recommend anyone go work here and hope that members of my team will all be successful in their current job-searches.

Management needs a complete rehaul as the current C-level is not equipped in any way to effectively handle a turnaround. Stop wasting time on lying to your employees about start-up culture and open-office spaces- spend time on fixing the contentious relationship between regions, stop making the business units compete against each other, and fix the horrible problems in procurement. Stop promoting brown-nosing people who have not demonstrated applicable job skills. In fact- the board should just outright replace the entire C-level.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good company to work for at all

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Fremont, CA

Pros

No Pros to mention at all.

Cons

Disorganized and upper management is HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Fire all upper management and bring in new people. You should start with Eric.

On its way down...

Current Employee - Director  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Newark, CA

Pros

Nice people. Generally social and positive employees.

Cons

No leadership vision from company management. Widely regarded internally as an inevitably sinking ship. So the in-fighting has begun and the fun departed long ago.

Get some product programs which make sense. Since Google TV, the company has lost its design/r&d power.

Management sucks, globally, regionally and locally. Lousy HR.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Asia (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asia (Philippines)

Pros

Good work-life balance, nice colleagues, fun products

Cons

This is a company that does not value REAL good work. People cruised for years, doing minimal work, acting as 'postmen' without really adding value to the work, deadlines are missed without explanation, little sense of urgency, little transparency...Lousy management, global, region, and local!

Get your act together!

Short term sales driven organisation

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

Pros

Great quality products, family working atmosphere.

Cons

No long term thinking, most of the business in sunset sectors, not willing to invest.

One of the worst companies I have come across! Hire and fire culture!

Pros

Flexi hours, manageable workload, pleasant colleagues

Cons

Clueless and pompous management, both in global and regional teams. Roles are not clearly defined, organizational changes are just superficial exercises, moving people around with no clear push for them to perform in their new roles. People continue to do what they want to do, and not what their roles require them to do, many postmen around, and management does not seem to bother.

While at the same time, these same senior managers continue to pounce and pick on other employees, whom may not be the smartest employees but try their best nonetheless.

Inconsistent demands from managers to their team members even if they are in similar roles.

Unclear roles and expectations from management, primarily because management is clueless themselves on what they want!

You don't deserve!

Excellent products but dissapointing team leadership

Current Employee - Channel Manager  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Channel Manager in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Pros

Flexible working hours but also means flexing the working time beyond normal working hours daily including Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays. When you tell people you work at Logitech, they know where you work, and respect the products. Being a small division of Logitech, everyone gets some exposure to what will likely become award winning products when these products are still in the earliest design stages. Being a company that creates consumer computer peripherals and other electronics, you see your work reviewed publicly by the media, through customer reviews on sites and forums such as lowyat.net. A resume that shows a reasonable amount of time at Logitech is likely to anyone's career -- It has definitely helped mine post Logitech.

Cons

The politics and lack of empowerment.

The Kuala Lumpur (HQ) office is an incredibly political environment, in the negative sense of the word. Very little seems to get done through the well publicized processes, but rather anything accomplished is done through political machinations, and verbally sabotaging other projects with senior management to get resources for your own project.

It is a very stressful environment, where immediate turn around is expected on complex work, and "No response & Approved via email but later denies all allegations" are not acceptable at all. Work life balance is not a consideration -- work is expected to come first, at all times of the day, including Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays, Medical Leave and even during your once a year Chinese New Year official leave. Yet, you are expected to feel privileged for being given the opportunity to work at Logitech.

Project management in the development area is almost non-existant, and is focused more on presenting what senior management wants to hear, and in this case they are expecting you to fulfil 100% of the ops target regardless of the reasons you provide. A few years ago this division was very diplomatic centric, and has an excellent leadership. New young management was brought in to take the team lead despite irrelevant working experience and they gave the new guy complete say over everything, but did not hire, nor train product managers to assume this role.

Overall this is a very stressful place to work, and it takes a special person who knows how to work a corrupt system and who has a thick skin in the face of political attacks to succeed here.

Very late response and support for communication, event planning, marketing, while sales target are reviewed quarterly with impossible numbers to achieve.

Decentralize management approach will move the company to a brand new level of success

CHAOS

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Freemont, SC
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Freemont, SC

Pros

It is a job but not a secure one

Cons

I dont know where to start.The management needs help...A LOT...all work seems to be dumped on some individuals and then those are usually the first ones to go

DO YOUR JOB! Stop putting people in charge that can not handle it...

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!