Logitech Reviews

Reset
3.8
Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Work/life balance is great here (in 23 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company (in 8 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

Where is this company heading?

Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overbloated salaries to senior managers and low ranking managers alike!

Cons

Small minded senior execs, unable to see the big picture, too uneducated to understand basic market principals at the MBA level. Execs steal other employees ideas to label as own, and this is integrated into a unhealthy 'company culture'.

Advice to Management

Start with mission,vision,goals. Define and reward leadership skills and stop rewarding cowardice and thieves in a frat boy environment. The basic principals of business ought to include putting customers,shareholders,employees first...or is that only for leading edge silicon valley innovative companies to abide by and honor?

On its way down...

Current Employee - Director in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice people. Generally social and positive employees.

Cons

No leadership vision from company management. Widely regarded internally as an inevitably sinking ship. So the in-fighting has begun and the fun departed long ago.

Advice to Management

Get some product programs which make sense. Since Google TV, the company has lost its design/r&d power.

The worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting products. Most of my immediate team members were fantastic- but almost all are looking for new jobs.

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever worked for- and I came here from a company voted Worst Company in America two years in a row. Wholly incompetent leadership at the C-level that trickles down. I've heard it said that A-level people hire A-level people- but B and C level people hire C and D level people in order to feel superior to someone, and the latter is definitely the work culture here. A lot of rhetoric about "acting like a start-up"- an impossibility for a 30+ year old company, especially one that does not offer the benefits or perks of working for a start-up- at an offsite, we were told that we were all expected to work long hours and wear multiple hats (with no equity or other start-up benefits). Upper management in fact does not know what acting like a start up means: in a recent blog post from the CEO, he mentioned that from a recent momentum survey it seemed like a lot of people were confused about what that meant- and that at the leadership level THEY knew what it meant- but what did WE think it meant? This pretty transparently signaled that they didn't know- and were in fact crowdsourcing from their own employees for cues. We were recently moved to an awful open-office configuration, which the C-level seemed to spend more time on than fixing actual company problems. We were also fed the line that it was to make more collaboration possible- my team in fact got moved further away from each other in the new arrangement, whereas we'd been able to turn around and talk to each other when we were in cubes, we now could no longer even see each other. The open-office arrangement was actually a cost-cutting solution to get all employees into one building but fed to us as some sort of start-up culture garbage. I have also never worked anywhere where politics were as fully and awfully transparent. Many individuals are clearly only interested in their own advancement and perceived "power". I had to work with people who clearly did not have the skill-set or basic competence for their positions and ended up doing extra work to clean up after them- they had only been hired or promoted due to being some executive's pet as their only work skills appeared to be making an executive feel important. In addition, management frequently makes questionable and illogical decisions. Those who question these decisions with logic, metrics, or even common sense are moved to other business units, demoted, or laid off. The work hours are awful due to working with all regions across the world and being expected to conform to their schedules. It is not uncommon in one day to have a 6am meeting with Europe that you need to be in the office for, and an 8pm meeting with Asia, and to be called multiple times on the weekend in the middle of the night by Asia. Employees are very obviously extremely demotivated, depressed, and looking for new jobs. As I had always loved Logitech products before going to work there, it saddened me greatly to see the reality of how awful things actually were in the company. I only worked there a year and saw many great coworkers depart, and also 6 layoffs, many of which were conducted secretly and subversively, and not communicated out (in one meeting I mentioned a process may be slower due to someone being laid off two weeks ago, only to have almost everyone in the room express surprise- "No wonder he hasn't been replying to my emails!") Additionally, towards the end of my time there, I was told that I had been expected to have been doing a whole other completely different job that I did not even have an applicable skill-set or experience in, in addition to the job I was already doing despite the fact that it had never been communicated to me (and it was acknowledged that this was never communicated to me- apparently psychic powers are also something employees at Logitech are supposed to have). Thankfully this was around the time I already knew I had an offer from a better company coming- but if there ever was a nail in the coffin, that was it. I would never recommend anyone go work here. In fact, when I was leaving, a friend went to go interview here despite my advice to her not to (she was hoping a different business group would not have the same issues I was experiencing) and immediately afterward she told me I had been right, and that the dysfunction and toxicity of the work environment had been readily apparent from one on-site interview alone. I whole-heartedly do not recommend anyone go work here and hope that members of my team will all be successful in their current job-searches.

Advice to Management

Management needs a complete rehaul as the current C-level is not equipped in any way to effectively handle a turnaround. Stop wasting time on lying to your employees about start-up culture and open-office spaces- spend time on fixing the contentious relationship between regions, stop making the business units compete against each other, and fix the horrible problems in procurement. Stop promoting brown-nosing people who have not demonstrated applicable job skills. In fact- the board should just outright replace the entire C-level.

STRONGLY NOT recommending working at the Finance department

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

50% employee discount. The company make some very cool products.

Cons

Strongly not recommending working at the Logitech Finance department. Can not say too much right now, because I still need the job before getting out of here. Plus the CEO encourages employees to leave good reviews about the company. If there were any culture change happening, it was getting worse.

Complete Overhaul without Necessary Resources

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great (at least for the time being, I wouldn't be surprised if this gets cuts to meet the bottom line target). The changes in the works are good in the long term for the company (see related cons below).

Cons

The company is changing a lot (which is totally necessary) but it doesn't want to put the resources to adequately support the initiatives leading to overworked, unhappy employees - especially in Finance. The finance organization is paying for the mistakes of past management/employees and it is not a pleasant place to be.

Advice to Management

You want to accomplish a lot and that is good, the company needs a lot of changes and upgrades but you also need to put resources to support the initiatives otherwise you are going to keep losing good people.

Trolling for positive reviews

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are pockets of intelligence within the company that are largely surrounded by stupidity. Every time there seems to be some small glimmer of improvement, some other example of sheer lunacy surfaces. Every day is like a game of whack-a-mole, only you never know when you'll accidentally stumble onto the playing field.

Cons

Every week we have what's called a company huddle. A chance for us all to stand outside and listen to our co-workers tell us what's gone right for them over the last week. in one of these meetings a few weeks back the CEO happened to mention that he uses social media, and hey, have any of you out there ever been to glass door, gosh those reviews seem unfair -- they don't reflect what a great place this is to work! It wasn't an explicit request for positive reviews, but it has served to bring every brown-noser in the company out of the woodwork and write some "fair" reviews. It was so clearly a manipulation, and the fact that it worked on anyone, makes me think they're all simpletons.

Advice to Management

I'd suggest just starting over -- lets revamp both the board and the executive team and clear out everyone on either of those bodies who's been with the company for more than 4 years or so. And then let's empower their replacements to clean house through middle management, get rid of anyone who was either related to or a pet of any of those former execs and clean house top to bottom.

Avoid working in the accounting/finance team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learnt a lot in the field of accounting.

Cons

The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company. They would request us to work during the weekend even though it was not of any urgency. We were not allowed to work from home (weekday/weekends included). The work culture in that team is that all the work needed to be done in the physical location and hence people left pretty much everyday after 8 p.m. The manager is highly inefficient in doing his job. He continues to give all the other teams, the time and freedom to continue booking journal entries but only crunch his own team to work harder without having any realistic sense of how things can take time. In fact, the CEO had announced that he wants to be connected only with his current employees but not through LinkedIn, they should reach out to him by email/phone call. Because they are no longer worthy of his time. This is a company, where one can learn on how not to be a bad manager/company and learn to respect its employees to say that it is perfectly fine for them to have a work-life balance. Do not join this team, if you have an health condition that needs a doctor's appointment even once a month. They have clearly stated that it disrupts the work and will consider you to be an efficient employee. I'm glad I no longer belong to this team.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employees and create a work-life balance so that I can contribute more.

Management should be more considerate and care about their emoloyees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company culture, nice people.

Cons

Senior management should care about their employees more. People have been asked to work overtime and weekends. No flexibility to work from home.

You'd be stupid to work here

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

There is a certain prestige in working at the company with its name recognition

Cons

Incompentent executives, no respect for employees at all, no understanding by the executive team of what is required to get a product out the door. Executives listen to employees that have no respect of their peers.

Advice to Management

Quit. Seriously, look at the number of people that have left and the quality of the people you have lost, explain why you fired the only manager that was able to get products out the door. If you can't do that, leave before you do more damage to the company and the Harmony brand of remote controls

New management sucks large

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

Most are good people. Some are jerks. Great products (sometimes).

Cons

New management blows goats. Re-orgs killed the morale across the board.

Advice to Management

The remote is not a mouse. Get to know who your staff. When you say you care about customers, mean it.

RSS Feed </> Embed