Logitech
www.logitech.com Newark, CA 5000+ Employees

Logitech Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Bracken Darrell

Pros:
  • "Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Some Good Colleagues & Great Products"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "senior management seems to be out of refreshing ideas"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Work life balance can be better"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not a good company to work for at all

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than a year

ProsNo Pros to mention at all.

ConsDisorganized and upper management is HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all upper management and bring in new people. You should start with Eric.

On its way down...

Director (Current Employee)
Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNice people. Generally social and positive employees.

ConsNo leadership vision from company management. Widely regarded internally as an inevitably sinking ship. So the in-fighting has begun and the fun departed long ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some product programs which make sense. Since Google TV, the company has lost its design/r&d power.

Management sucks, globally, regionally and locally. Lousy HR.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Asia (Philippines)

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood work-life balance, nice colleagues, fun products

ConsThis is a company that does not value REAL good work. People cruised for years, doing minimal work, acting as 'postmen' without really adding value to the work, deadlines are missed without explanation, little sense of urgency, little transparency...Lousy management, global, region, and local!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together!

Short term sales driven organisation

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat quality products, family working atmosphere.

ConsNo long term thinking, most of the business in sunset sectors, not willing to invest.

One of the worst companies I have come across! Hire and fire culture!

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexi hours, manageable workload, pleasant colleagues

ConsClueless and pompous management, both in global and regional teams. Roles are not clearly defined, organizational changes are just superficial exercises, moving people around with no clear push for them to perform in their new roles. People continue to do what they want to do, and not what their roles require them to do, many postmen around, and management does not seem to bother.

While at the same time, these same senior managers continue to pounce and pick on other employees, whom may not be the smartest employees but try their best nonetheless.

Inconsistent demands from managers to their team members even if they are in similar roles.

Unclear roles and expectations from management, primarily because management is clueless themselves on what they want!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't deserve!

Excellent products but dissapointing team leadership

Channel Manager (Current Employee)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at Logitech as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible working hours but also means flexing the working time beyond normal working hours daily including Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays. When you tell people you work at Logitech, they know where you work, and respect the products. Being a small division of Logitech, everyone gets some exposure to what will likely become award winning products when these products are still in the earliest design stages. Being a company that creates consumer computer peripherals and other electronics, you see your work reviewed publicly by the media, through customer reviews on sites and forums such as lowyat.net. A resume that shows a reasonable amount of time at Logitech is likely to anyone's career -- It has definitely helped mine post Logitech.

ConsThe politics and lack of empowerment.

The Kuala Lumpur (HQ) office is an incredibly political environment, in the negative sense of the word. Very little seems to get done through the well publicized processes, but rather anything accomplished is done through political machinations, and verbally sabotaging other projects with senior management to get resources for your own project.

It is a very stressful environment, where immediate turn around is expected on complex work, and "No response & Approved via email but later denies all allegations" are not acceptable at all. Work life balance is not a consideration -- work is expected to come first, at all times of the day, including Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays, Medical Leave and even during your once a year Chinese New Year official leave. Yet, you are expected to feel privileged for being given the opportunity to work at Logitech.

Project management in the development area is almost non-existant, and is focused more on presenting what senior management wants to hear, and in this case they are expecting you to fulfil 100% of the ops target regardless of the reasons you provide. A few years ago this division was very diplomatic centric, and has an excellent leadership. New young management was brought in to take the team lead despite irrelevant working experience and they gave the new guy complete say over everything, but did not hire, nor train product managers to assume this role.

Overall this is a very stressful place to work, and it takes a special person who knows how to work a corrupt system and who has a thick skin in the face of political attacks to succeed here.

Very late response and support for communication, event planning, marketing, while sales target are reviewed quarterly with impossible numbers to achieve.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecentralize management approach will move the company to a brand new level of success

CHAOS

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Freemont, SC

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is a job but not a secure one

ConsI dont know where to start.The management needs help...A LOT...all work seems to be dumped on some individuals and then those are usually the first ones to go

Advice to Senior ManagementDO YOUR JOB! Stop putting people in charge that can not handle it...

Work culture at chennai office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Logitech full-time for less than a year

ProsGood money in short time

Conspoor work culture
hire n fire
No employee care

Advice to Senior Managementdon't treat people, unhumanly.

The Golden Days are over

I have been working at Logitech

ProsSome of the best people I have ever worked with in the trenches
The products are brilliant, in spite of the company's shortcomings
The company has a wonderful history

ConsExecutive management needs to be replaced
There are no longer opportunities for promotion
The company has a long history of having a passive-aggressive culture
Once you make a mistake, you are blacklisted
Adding complexity and process (or a re-organization) are the only tools they have to manage change

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to go. Replace your executives who have been there for too long and are the ones really dragging things down. Set a better example for your staff by empowering them, rather than forcing them to implement your plans, then blaming them when things go wrong.

Where is this company heading?

Manager (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOverbloated salaries to senior managers and low ranking managers alike!

ConsSmall minded senior execs, unable to see the big picture, too uneducated to understand basic market principals at the MBA level. Execs steal other employees ideas to label as own, and this is integrated into a unhealthy 'company culture'.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart with mission,vision,goals. Define and reward leadership skills and stop rewarding cowardice and thieves in a frat boy environment. The basic principals of business ought to include putting customers,shareholders,employees first...or is that only for leading edge silicon valley innovative companies to abide by and honor?

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!

Logitech – Why Work for Us?

Focused on innovation and quality, Logitech designs personal peripherals to help people enjoy a better experience with the digital world. We started in 1981 with mice, which (new at the time) provided a more intuitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Logitech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Logitech CEO Bracken Darrell . All 167 reviews posted anonymously by Logitech employees.