Logitech Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.5

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better (in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company. Great people. Great products.

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's incredible to be surrounded with people who are passionate and care about what they do - designing and delivering amazing products. The recent open environment work spaces are just one example of how the company is transforming how we collaborate and how we work - it's so refreshing. You can feel the transformation underway. Can't wait to see what's next.

Cons

I'm a happy camper. N/A.

Continue inspiring and leading us to be the best at what we do.

Fun company with cool products trying to evolve its employee culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative company/products, extremely nice people, approachable and accessible leadership, lots of challenges and learning opportunities.

Cons

CEO wants "small company" culture and on one hand it works and on the other hand it doesn't. You can instill the principles of a small company (teamwork, close knit community, ability to be agile and move quickly) but we are a truly global workforce with nearly 5,000 employees worldwide across nearly 100 locations (large sites to small offices). At some point "small company" doesn't work, nor has the company simplified it's operations to match that small company feel. It takes far too long to figure out how things work in this company and the number of systems and steps in place make trying to get things done very difficult.

Simplify the operations of the company (especially quantity and complexity of the IT systems) to make it easier for employees to focus on the work that drives the business.

Complete Overhaul without Necessary Resources

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are great (at least for the time being, I wouldn't be surprised if this gets cuts to meet the bottom line target). The changes in the works are good in the long term for the company (see related cons below).

Cons

The company is changing a lot (which is totally necessary) but it doesn't want to put the resources to adequately support the initiatives leading to overworked, unhappy employees - especially in Finance. The finance organization is paying for the mistakes of past management/employees and it is not a pleasant place to be.

You want to accomplish a lot and that is good, the company needs a lot of changes and upgrades but you also need to put resources to support the initiatives otherwise you are going to keep losing good people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun workplace, great people, and nice benefits.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome managers. Supportive team. Love coming to work. Managers let us own projects. Great employment growth potential!!!!! Cool products, especially the UE Boom! I also love the new building compared to the old one...I like that we moved all moved from two buildings to one building recently too.

There's a company huddle every week where the CEO speaks at too with free raffles!

Cons

Open space area can get noisy and distracting, but at least I can talk to others easier. More collaboration. It's good and bad.

None so far. Great job, Bracken.

Fun workplace, good benefits, but lacks

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY!!!!!! Supportive team. I can walk to any department within 5 minutes whenever I need a quick response. Great work benefits too! I love our CEO!! He's good looking too.. =]

Cons

We need to have more company events!! Logitech also needs to hire more recent college graduates to the workplace too.

Company huddles are fun! Please add more fun events!

STRONGLY NOT recommending working at the Finance department

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

50% employee discount. The company make some very cool products.

Cons

Strongly not recommending working at the Logitech Finance department. Can not say too much right now, because I still need the job before getting out of here. Plus the CEO encourages employees to leave good reviews about the company.

If there were any culture change happening, it was getting worse.

Good company, sub par management alignment. Too many Directors/VP's.....

I worked at Logitech

Pros

On site cafeteria, location and Halloween for certain! By far the best Halloween at any company I've been with. Really cool products that I still use today.

Cons

In a big company like Logitech, it is difficult to effect meaningful change without having to go through so many roadblocks. Salaries are low. Middle managers do not promote their employees, most are also not open to suggestions. This company would benefit from 360 review process.

Brilliant minds, great products, bad politics

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Camas, WA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Camas, WA

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fair compensation, great benefits, fun environment, exciting work, great perks, awesome people (intelligent and friendly)

Cons

Politics in upper management; bad decisions regarding product lines means lots of time wasted developing great things which never saw the light of day

Research the big picture

Great place to work at---especially for an intern!

Current Employee - Intern  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I look forward to coming to my internship everyday, which sounds kind of weird! That says a lot, especially since it's a far commute. Compared to my previous internship at another tech company, Logitech treats me a lot better. My opinions and ideas actually get heard without much bureaucracy. The open office space, which I thought I would hate, is actually not too bad.

The internship program is pretty sweet too. Each week, the program hosts Lunch and Learns where they invite senior executives to come speak and share awesome prototypes. On top of that, they are planning about 3-4 off-site activities, which includes pay! We are going to the SF Giants game next week and I'm super stoked! We also get showered with Logitech swag and other fun exciting giveaways.

My manager also takes time to check on me without micromanaging. Trust me, I have had my share of that at previous internships and I was so happy this department doesn't do that. Logitech is not a cut-throat company, nor is it "very corporate" either. I love this start-up and small company atmosphere!

Logitech also hosts a series of fun events! Yesterday, they invited Baskin Robbins to come over and deliver ice cream.

Cons

I wish there was free food, but the cafeteria isn't that bad either! Logitech should also host workshops for management training and technical skills too. This would be a huge hit and I would definitely join, especially as an inter.

I have only been here for a little bit, but I can already feel a great positive improvement in company culture! Please continue the great transparency, especially among the high executives. It's always nice seeing them at the cafeteria, or walking down the halls so casually.

Unsure of their future direction. For now, still a mouse company.

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very casual atmosphere, healthy balance sheet, trying to adapt to the modern tech world. Benefits are good, and vacation time is competitive. You can learn a lot here that will help you at your next job.

Cons

Logitech recently changed the Newark office environment to an "open office", which basically means no offices, no cubes. Everyone sits in rows of 30" x 60" tables, with a rolling file cabinet. This is supposed to help us collaborate, but it is noisy, distracting and depressing. It was actually done to reduce leased space.

The mantra here is small company, big products. This means that each person is getting more responsibility, as head count is reduced. Work/life balance is terrible. Actually taking vacation time is almost impossible. Most people I work with have maxed their vacation days and are burning them because they can't take time off.

Logitech is multinational and will shift every task to Asia if possible, so expect to work long hours to work in multiple time zones.

Logitech needs to be a more aggressive competitor.

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!