Logitech Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Innovative Company on the rebound

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Logitech is a dynamic company driven by innovation and high quality. The company has a very creative vibe and treated its employees quite well. When I worked there (about 6 yrs ago) the company culture was a interesting mix of European and American values. All was good until market pressures forced them into a massive and prolonged RIF. Looks like Logitech is regaining its footing again

Cons

The company entered business segments that strayed from its core competencies. The business units were somewhat disparate, so that technologies and products were not easily cross-pollinated. The company was slow to adapt to new market trends (transitions from PC to notebook/mobile/tablets/ etc.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Integrate technologies across business units. Dampen the NIH attitudes that may be perceived as arrogant by customers and partners.

On the move, great potential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products. The multinational culture provides an opportunity for truly global work experience. The new CEO is a breath of fresh air and the environment reflects hid 'winning behaviors'. This is a great place to work if you want to make a difference and create amazing experiences for your customers.

Cons

At times the successes of the past create a sense of entitlement in the long-term employees. There is not enough time spent on learning from mistakes and using the learnings to inform future actions.

Advice to Management

While it important to have continuity in the management and leadership team it is just as important to hold leaders accountable for their performance.

Fast pace and constantly changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My boss is amazing and she really gets it. Vacation, time off, work-life balance, flexibility, open work space environment---the whole shabam. I joined Logitech just under 2 years ago and have been impressed with the evolving company culture.

Cons

Small company who talks about changing the company environment, but is slow to do so. It can take awhile to get things done.

Advice to Management

For being such a large company, we should be more involved with the community and develop a volunteer program. We should also create a stronger university program here on site. Logitech needs a stronger presence on college campuses and around the globe.

Great place to do great things

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Under the new regime of Bracken, Logitech has made an incredible turn-around. The vibe is getting increasingly more positive and the culture is dramatically improving. I love the fact that we use video conferencing and can instantly connect face-to-face with any of our colleagues from around the world. This makes work a lot more productive without the hassles of traveling/being away from the family.

Cons

There are some legacy employees that are perpetually negative. The AMR region seems to try everything it can to work "against" the Business Groups vs with them. Not sure why this is...seems as if it's just "always been this way" and there are lots of legacy people who continue to feed this mentality. The workspace is all open office concept, but not in a "cool" way - it's ugly and cluttered.

Advice to Management

Great work turning the culture around, keep it up! Would be nice to have a better work environment setup - the current open workspace environment is ugly, uncolorful and cluttered. Help to foster an environment where the AMR team isn't encouraged/incentivized to work against BGs.

pROCESS

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good small company with growth potential

Cons

Small company that should grow bigger with time.

Advice to Management

Keep up

Trolling for positive reviews

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are pockets of intelligence within the company that are largely surrounded by stupidity. Every time there seems to be some small glimmer of improvement, some other example of sheer lunacy surfaces. Every day is like a game of whack-a-mole, only you never know when you'll accidentally stumble onto the playing field.

Cons

Every week we have what's called a company huddle. A chance for us all to stand outside and listen to our co-workers tell us what's gone right for them over the last week. in one of these meetings a few weeks back the CEO happened to mention that he uses social media, and hey, have any of you out there ever been to glass door, gosh those reviews seem unfair -- they don't reflect what a great place this is to work! It wasn't an explicit request for positive reviews, but it has served to bring every brown-noser in the company out of the woodwork and write some "fair" reviews. It was so clearly a manipulation, and the fact that it worked on anyone, makes me think they're all simpletons.

Advice to Management

I'd suggest just starting over -- lets revamp both the board and the executive team and clear out everyone on either of those bodies who's been with the company for more than 4 years or so. And then let's empower their replacements to clean house through middle management, get rid of anyone who was either related to or a pet of any of those former execs and clean house top to bottom.

interview process is easy, out of the box but get to the point.

Pros

the technical program manager is pretty strong here make sure everything threads are in one place and resolve in time and efficiently.

Cons

in great neighborhood but don't have many positions if you need double income for the family.

Sacrificing major processes and quality.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had great Product Lifecycle Management process, prior branding image, cool products.

Cons

Threw away Product Lifecycle Management process with major downsizing, cut away major Corp Quality org, losing brand image.

Advice to Management

Get back to core processes, product, and people values.

Global company that makes products very well

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

Great products. Revolutionary and edge-cutting technology are made here. Work/life balance is great here. Company has fun and fun events, especially during Halloween. The Ultimate Ears acquisition was game-changing for our company and we all love them.

Cons

Company is always changing company culture. Some bureaucracy and projects can take awhile to get done. A very transforming company, both in products and culture. Company needs to look for new growth opportunities to stay in the game.

Advice to Management

Management needs to become better at or

Friendly company in an interesting space.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the new leadership, Logitech feels like it's on an interesting trajectory. Lots of opportunity to work on fun projects, good access to leadership. CEO is awesome, very visible, motivating and effective.

Cons

Top-management heavy and tension between Swiss HQ tendency to react verrrry slowly to industry trends, build consensus and generally lumber along in a space where being nimble is critical. Also, flat organization makes promotions almost impossible.

Advice to Management

Keep working on making the company more nimble and reactive.

RSS Feed </> Embed