Logitech

Updated August 20, 2014

3.5

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better (in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

86 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to do great things

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA

Pros

Under the new regime of Bracken, Logitech has made an incredible turn-around. The vibe is getting increasingly more positive and the culture is dramatically improving. I love the fact that we use video conferencing and can instantly connect face-to-face with any of our colleagues from around the world. This makes work a lot more productive without the hassles of traveling/being away from the family.

Cons

There are some legacy employees that are perpetually negative. The AMR region seems to try everything it can to work "against" the Business Groups vs with them. Not sure why this is...seems as if it's just "always been this way" and there are lots of legacy people who continue to feed this mentality. The workspace is all open office concept, but not in a "cool" way - it's ugly and cluttered.

Great work turning the culture around, keep it up! Would be nice to have a better work environment setup - the current open workspace environment is ugly, uncolorful and cluttered. Help to foster an environment where the AMR team isn't encouraged/incentivized to work against BGs.

Fast pace and constantly changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Pros

My boss is amazing and she really gets it. Vacation, time off, work-life balance, flexibility, open work space environment---the whole shabam. I joined Logitech just under 2 years ago and have been impressed with the evolving company culture.

Cons

Small company who talks about changing the company environment, but is slow to do so. It can take awhile to get things done.

For being such a large company, we should be more involved with the community and develop a volunteer program. We should also create a stronger university program here on site. Logitech needs a stronger presence on college campuses and around the globe.

On the move, great potential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Pros

Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products. The multinational culture provides an opportunity for truly global work experience. The new CEO is a breath of fresh air and the environment reflects hid 'winning behaviors'. This is a great place to work if you want to make a difference and create amazing experiences for your customers.

Cons

At times the successes of the past create a sense of entitlement in the long-term employees. There is not enough time spent on learning from mistakes and using the learnings to inform future actions.

While it important to have continuity in the management and leadership team it is just as important to hold leaders accountable for their performance.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Way underrated

Current Employee - Finance  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Newark, CA

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised that this company has it together in terms of organization design, career opportunity, challenging employees, and compensation. I have done start-ups and other multinational corporations, but Logitech stands out as a emerging hybrid among the two. Management and senior management completely gets it and provides a holistic platform that enables opportunity for anyone in the company who wants to work hard.

Cons

Located in a suburbs of Silicon Valley. A little heavy on the use of contractors. A little too reactive to stock analyst ratings. Would do better to maintain confidence in investors. Logitech needs to keep their eye on the ball for long-term strategy.

We know you know, so do it with confidence.

Sacrificing major processes and quality.

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, CA

Pros

Had great Product Lifecycle Management process, prior branding image, cool products.

Cons

Threw away Product Lifecycle Management process with major downsizing, cut away major Corp Quality org, losing brand image.

Get back to core processes, product, and people values.

Fast, engaging, but needs more work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Pros

Logitech isn't the best place to work at, but it's transforming and I'm seeing a lot of potential. Supportive leadership with accessible schedules. I feel proud working at a cutting-edge technology company. Our winning behaviors are to move fast, speak up, and drive change. I love them. Sometimes my ideas get heard, sometimes they don't. Managers and co-workers do a great job listening and giving feedback---at times.

Cons

A few office politics there and here, but that's expected at any company regardless of size. We're a start-up, so lets be more open---and not quick to shut down other ideas too quick. If we keep living in the past, we will never move forward and position ourselves against our competitors fast enough.

Encourage more team building socials. Going out to eat for lunch is great, but that gets pretty old sometime. Listen to new and fresh ideas. Sometimes the best ideas don't always come from the "collaboration room."

Good experience, but different now

Former Employee - Account Sales Manager  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Account Sales Manager in Fremont, CA

Pros

Culture at the time felt exciting, with a great product portfolio and empowerment to do what worked at individual accounts. Also Management was very respectful of people

Cons

Pay scale was not the highest. Not a lot of personal growth tools given to employees for a company this size.

Get back to what once made the company successful. Get more customer-centric again, rather than just expect the products to pull the business.

A company in transformation with great culture and opporutnities

Current Employee - Global Supply Chain Intern  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Global Supply Chain Intern in Newark, CA

Pros

1. Really diverse workforce. you get to learn how to work with talents around the world
    2. Good work life balance and flexible working hours
    3. It values the coherence within the company. They have lost of company events during weekdays. Ice cream social, BBQ lunch in parking lot, weekly company huddle, etc.
    4. The CEO is really engaging. you can easily see him walking around and talk with you just like one of your coworkers
    5. The company is in the process of transitioning. Products, process and people are been changed or adjusted toward the new market segments and lean organization. Lots of opportunities to work on influential projects that significantly improve top and bottom lines

Cons

1. Just like every big company over 30 years, sometimes you got to deal with bureaucracy
    2. Right now I have not seen products that are really promising in bringing in new revenue streams.

1. Acquire promising startups
    2. Hire more young talents

Friendly company in an interesting space.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, CA

Pros

With the new leadership, Logitech feels like it's on an interesting trajectory. Lots of opportunity to work on fun projects, good access to leadership. CEO is awesome, very visible, motivating and effective.

Cons

Top-management heavy and tension between Swiss HQ tendency to react verrrry slowly to industry trends, build consensus and generally lumber along in a space where being nimble is critical. Also, flat organization makes promotions almost impossible.

Keep working on making the company more nimble and reactive.

great work life balance

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Newark, CA

Pros

love the work life balance. work can be demanding, but overall a very good work environment. great team that works hard together. sometimes not everyone pulls their own weight, but at least work gets done. i love the flexible work schedule and not having someone look over my work like a hawk.. like at my old company.

Cons

company tries to reinvent themselves into a "start-up" like company too much, but there is good intention. we need to hire more people with more ambition and drive. some people are just "stuck" in their position.

Please change the names on the conference rooms. The names are super confusing and I have to constantly ask to find a meeting location ...

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!