Logitech

Updated December 11, 2014
3.6

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company (in 8 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

93 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great leadership!

Current Employee - Customer Care in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Management genuinely cares about the well being of the team.
    - Willingness and open mindedness to try new things to improve.
    - Opportunities to learn new things are offered to employees such as certifications.
    - The company is always looking to improve.
    - Mangers lead by example.
    - The CEO is interested on how employees feel at work.

Cons

- Sometimes there are communication frictions between different departments.
    - Salary can be a little bit better

- Keep on being approachable and open to new ideas
    - Keep believing in new employees and offering opportunities to grow :)

Management should be more considerate and care about their emoloyees

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small company culture, nice people.

Cons

Senior management should care about their employees more. People have been asked to work overtime and weekends. No flexibility to work from home.

Great Branding but Weak Product Roadmap

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work for marketing folks. Strong brand ID and resilient marketing organization. They treat their product packaging like art and the creation process works. Lots of smart and loyal people work at this company. They let people jump around into new jobs which is good for personal growth of better performers.

Cons

No answer for touch technology which is a threat to the legacy peripheral business. Poor business planning as they run a very high percentage of contract workforce via 3rd party's. Furthermore contractors are treated as second class citizens. Hence a very hostile and disrespectful work atmosphere. Product planning comes down to which new commodity gadgets coming out of CES that they can slap their logo on and go to market in 90 days.

The follower strategy of slapping logos on ODM designs is not going to grow this company. Acquire an agile company with some intellectual property that is scalable. Strive to be the leader at CES not the follower.

Avoid working in the accounting/finance team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learnt a lot in the field of accounting.

Cons

The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company. They would request us to work during the weekend even though it was not of any urgency. We were not allowed to work from home (weekday/weekends included). The work culture in that team is that all the work needed to be done in the physical location and hence people left pretty much everyday after 8 p.m. The manager is highly inefficient in doing his job. He continues to give all the other teams, the time and freedom to continue booking journal entries but only crunch his own team to work harder without having any realistic sense of how things can take time. In fact, the CEO had announced that he wants to be connected only with his current employees but not through LinkedIn, they should reach out to him by email/phone call. Because they are no longer worthy of his time. This is a company, where one can learn on how not to be a bad manager/company and learn to respect its employees to say that it is perfectly fine for them to have a work-life balance. Do not join this team, if you have an health condition that needs a doctor's appointment even once a month. They have clearly stated that it disrupts the work and will consider you to be an efficient employee. I'm glad I no longer belong to this team.

Learn to respect your employees and create a work-life balance so that I can contribute more.

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a good experience working at Logitech as an intern.

- The team I worked for was comprised of members who were kind, enthusiastic, engaging--they appeared to enjoy their work, and they were specialists in their fields.

- The building in which I worked was clean, organized, spacious.

- I enjoyed sitting in short meetings with my team members to share ideas and brainstorm new projects to be worked on. .

Cons

I would have liked to engage with the other interns more during my time. We were working within our respective departments, so I became close to only the ones in my immediate vicinity.

Great ideas thus far, needs a few more big winners that can perform in the long-term, not on for short-period momentary basis. Keep it up!

Experience at logitech

Current Employee - Accounting Group in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Group in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has changed and is changing fast. Enjoyable, Fulfilling, Great team AND Great Perks....along with Two things which I like and people here enjoy the most is fast moving and adopt new ideas. The culture is small company with great vision. Management is approachable and receptive to great ideas. great culture and great people around, who are focused on making things simple, easy, effective and you are listened and appreciated. The people around are good, great team sprit. location wise, very well located for me, mostly against traffic, which I love with the perks of free gym, free electric car charger and awesome discount on products of 50% and above. Given the European base, you get to travel to Europe, which is awesome.

Cons

Have to keep driving the culture and embrace the change.

The best place for finance department ever worked with and all nice people

Current Employee - Sec Reporting Manager in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Sec Reporting Manager in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work area is open space and no one is sitting in an office room including CFO and CEO. The tone at the top is very good and CEO and CFO are very open to suggestions to improve the business and process. There are no complex protocol to get good ideas executed. I can walk to CFO and present my idea and gets approved immediately as long as the idea gets adopted.
    My contribution to the Company is well recognized by the supervisor and CFO via a good compensation package.

Cons

Cross function department communication and support needs a little reinforced to get the whole process more efficient.

Getting much more interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

A lot of good changes over the last year. CEO and Execs really serious about building fewer but much bigger products and overall the teams are operating at a faster pace. Very international culture.

Cons

Still too consensus-driven. Rebranded HR into People & Culture, but unclear what this changed beside the naming. Mixed bag of top talent and under performers, making key to find the right team.

Liking the job more than I expected to

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The execs walk around like regular folk, especially Bracken. There are sightings of him all over the place, including the café, hallways, work areas, and more. He's very approachable, as are all the execs. I am adjusting much better to the open environment than I expected I'd be able to. I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance. I also think my manager is great. This is about my eighth job in 8 years due to constant contract work changing and ending. I am so glad I made the move to Logitech and feel lucky to have landed here, and as an FTE I'm expecting to stay a long time.

Cons

As a small company there aren't too many jobs that overlap, so sometimes questions can't get answered as fast as a newbie would like. In the past, there were 4 or 5 people doing my job alongside me, but now I am dependent on one person only. But the tradeoff is worth it. I'm thriving and producing now, which feels great.

At every event where you are speaking to Logitech employees and contractors, please let us know who you are, both by name and job title.

Great place to do great things

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Under the new regime of Bracken, Logitech has made an incredible turn-around. The vibe is getting increasingly more positive and the culture is dramatically improving. I love the fact that we use video conferencing and can instantly connect face-to-face with any of our colleagues from around the world. This makes work a lot more productive without the hassles of traveling/being away from the family.

Cons

There are some legacy employees that are perpetually negative. The AMR region seems to try everything it can to work "against" the Business Groups vs with them. Not sure why this is...seems as if it's just "always been this way" and there are lots of legacy people who continue to feed this mentality. The workspace is all open office concept, but not in a "cool" way - it's ugly and cluttered.

Great work turning the culture around, keep it up! Would be nice to have a better work environment setup - the current open workspace environment is ugly, uncolorful and cluttered. Help to foster an environment where the AMR team isn't encouraged/incentivized to work against BGs.