Logitech

Updated February 16, 2015
3.7

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company (in 8 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

91 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great Internship Program

I worked at Logitech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

They have a really solid Internship program, you get to do some fun trips on urban hikes and baseball games, as well as some volunteer work. Though it appears as though they had only recently ramped up the internship program, it was by far the best internship experience I've had, even without the employee discount I had while I was there.

Cons

Sometimes the bureaucracy can be a little stifling. Getting a plane ticket home, for example, meant talking to 3 different people explaining to them my situation and what to do. Team sizes were small, and I prefer larger teams.

Perks were great, compensation and time-off policies were fine.

Great Working Environment

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech (more than a year)

Pros

Good Corporate Culture. The teams know how to work hard yet really have fun at the same time. The team works hard to make sure everything with the Logitech brand is meeting and exceeding the standards that a premium brand should have. Most corporate structures are really supportive of the product development process rather than being sales centric.

Cons

Too much focus on lower margins has made design work routine. Much of this work is being sent to ODMs that slap on the Logitech sticker on their work with US and European engineering teams focused maintaining quality rather then putting energy into innovation.

Really need to work on the overall corporate vision. Return to focusing on creating products that generate memorable positive user experiences. Need to create products differentiate themselves not only by high quality but also by cutting edge innovation. They also need to realize they are no longer just in the peripherals market anymore. Things like wireless speakers, cloud cameras, digital music players are complex systems in need of platform engineering.

Intern

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Newark, CA
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great company with a number of cool products. Working environment is open and people are friendly. You can have a great discount in garage sale and employee discount.

Cons

Although the CEO is trying to drive this company to move fast and to be innovative so hard, the culture there doesn't really reflect that.

Great and growing company culture

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Newark, CA
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly all around, there are no cubicles because it is an open environment, and there are awesome employee discounts!

Cons

Employee discounts are so crazy, you end up buying so many things to the point where you might hoard...

The internship was great, but oftentimes the dangling of a full time position offer drove the interns into paranoia. Personally, I feel that they should never be told that they are going to receive a full time position unless it is their last 2 weeks on the contract.

It is a great workplace.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech (less than a year)

Pros

- great people, helpful, nice, open minded
    - great salary for contractors
    - great experience with real responsibilities
    - have a wide range of work
    - company values is getting more and more innovative

Cons

- took forever to get the hiring process done (3 months after the first interview)
    - decided to extend the contract instead of hiring as a full time

please consider:
    - adding more benefits to part time employees
    - including free catering services
    - improving the quality of food
    - value part time employees and considering hire them as full time than keep extending the contract

Great leadership!

Current Employee - Customer Care in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Management genuinely cares about the well being of the team.
    - Willingness and open mindedness to try new things to improve.
    - Opportunities to learn new things are offered to employees such as certifications.
    - The company is always looking to improve.
    - Mangers lead by example.
    - The CEO is interested on how employees feel at work.

Cons

- Sometimes there are communication frictions between different departments.
    - Salary can be a little bit better

- Keep on being approachable and open to new ideas
    - Keep believing in new employees and offering opportunities to grow :)

Management should be more considerate and care about their emoloyees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Small company culture, nice people.

Cons

Senior management should care about their employees more. People have been asked to work overtime and weekends. No flexibility to work from home.

Great Branding but Weak Product Roadmap

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Logitech as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work for marketing folks. Strong brand ID and resilient marketing organization. They treat their product packaging like art and the creation process works. Lots of smart and loyal people work at this company. They let people jump around into new jobs which is good for personal growth of better performers.

Cons

No answer for touch technology which is a threat to the legacy peripheral business. Poor business planning as they run a very high percentage of contract workforce via 3rd party's. Furthermore contractors are treated as second class citizens. Hence a very hostile and disrespectful work atmosphere. Product planning comes down to which new commodity gadgets coming out of CES that they can slap their logo on and go to market in 90 days.

The follower strategy of slapping logos on ODM designs is not going to grow this company. Acquire an agile company with some intellectual property that is scalable. Strive to be the leader at CES not the follower.

Avoid working in the accounting/finance team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Logitech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learnt a lot in the field of accounting.

Cons

The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company. They would request us to work during the weekend even though it was not of any urgency. We were not allowed to work from home (weekday/weekends included). The work culture in that team is that all the work needed to be done in the physical location and hence people left pretty much everyday after 8 p.m. The manager is highly inefficient in doing his job. He continues to give all the other teams, the time and freedom to continue booking journal entries but only crunch his own team to work harder without having any realistic sense of how things can take time. In fact, the CEO had announced that he wants to be connected only with his current employees but not through LinkedIn, they should reach out to him by email/phone call. Because they are no longer worthy of his time. This is a company, where one can learn on how not to be a bad manager/company and learn to respect its employees to say that it is perfectly fine for them to have a work-life balance. Do not join this team, if you have an health condition that needs a doctor's appointment even once a month. They have clearly stated that it disrupts the work and will consider you to be an efficient employee. I'm glad I no longer belong to this team.

Learn to respect your employees and create a work-life balance so that I can contribute more.

Intern

I worked at Logitech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I had a good experience working at Logitech as an intern.

- The team I worked for was comprised of members who were kind, enthusiastic, engaging--they appeared to enjoy their work, and they were specialists in their fields.

- The building in which I worked was clean, organized, spacious.

- I enjoyed sitting in short meetings with my team members to share ideas and brainstorm new projects to be worked on. .

Cons

I would have liked to engage with the other interns more during my time. We were working within our respective departments, so I became close to only the ones in my immediate vicinity.

Great ideas thus far, needs a few more big winners that can perform in the long-term, not on for short-period momentary basis. Keep it up!