Logos Bible Software Reviews

69 reviews filtered by
4.3
Logos Bible Software President & CEO Bob Pritchett
Bob Pritchett

Pros
  • Logos is a growing organization, has incredibly talented employees, does meaningful and exciting work, and offers a very flexible work environment (in 7 reviews)

• Outdoor Center: bike storage and tools, use of outdoor equipment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The work environment at Logos is strange (in 4 reviews)

• Minimally competitive employee health insurance (in 4 reviews)

Good Company, Expensive City & Healthcare

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company, it's pretty easy to jump in and understand the culture and company priorities. Expectations are clear and there are tangible metrics and a good amount of feedback whether you're doing your job well or not.

The culture is laid-back and is pretty flexible. I love having unlimited time off, free coffee and drinks etc.

Compensation is fair from my perspective. Very much on par with other companies.

Company seems to be very transparent and the CEO is more than willing to talk to anyone. This is refreshing. I really feel like leadership tries hard to live out it's own values.

Cons

There is a cost to work here; if you have a family you can just assume that you will want to explore alternative healthcare options for your spouse and your kids. To expensive to go through Logos. There are options, we made it work.

The area is pretty expensive too. To live close to work, you'll spend more than 250k for a decent home. If you're willing to live farther out, it's not as bad.

In terms of the company, being a culture that changes rapidly and starts and kills projects fast you'll have to get used to shifting focus constantly. Which for some, it's great. For others it can be overwhelming.

2. At Logos you get to work with amazing people on projects that matter!

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The CEO is a visionary leader who sets the pace for the company culture (He's like the Steve Jobs of Bible Software). I appreciate how transparent Bob is, I've never worked for a CEO quite like him. His brother is the VP of Marketing who is a brilliant fellow with a wonderfully dry sense of humor and a big heart. I really appreciate these two. All of the managers are also incredible. Needless to say the leadership is sharp and passionate about the work.

There is a great emphasis on company culture with freedom to do great work. Tons of perks like free coffee & soda, an outdoor center with lots of cool stuff, and more.

If you are lucky enough to work on the design team you'll find yourself working with some of the most talented people in the country. Everyday they inspire me and they've been a huge part of my personal and professional growth!

I've never worked somewhere with such awesome people across the board in every department. It's really an incredible.

You get to equip people with powerful tools that make the Word come to life.

Cons

You will work with people who aren't perfect. Crazy huh?

Sometimes the FREE espresso machine will break down and you have to walk over to one of the other buildings that all have FREE espresso machines to get your caffeine fix! ;)

Even though it's a fun work environment it's still work and sometimes you are challenged to work on projects you aren't particularly interested in. It is the same anywhere you work.

I feel that I'm compensated fairly for the most part, I think it's normal to feel like you deserve a raise when you work hard and see successes that bring in decent revenue. At the same time I realize that's what I was hired to do.

Cost of living in Bellingham is high for such a small town.

Sadly some people will complain, look at the Isrealites while they were being lead out of slavery. Just keep casting the vision. Keep loving people. Keep rewarding hard work. Keep pushing forward as an industry leader.

Give the project managers in marketing some extra special love because they have one of the most challenging jobs in my opinion. They're all amazing!

3. Intern: Learned a lot. Worked a lot.

Former Intern - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Logos Bible Software as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The intern program was very well organized, even to the point where every intern had a mentor that worked full time at the company. Was given plenty of work to do and was helped along when needed.

Cons

Most interns were placed on projects where they have no experience in. Such as a backend developer is placed on project working with the front end of an application. Would have been better to place people where they were strongest in.

Best place I have worked

Current Employee - National Conference Speaker in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - National Conference Speaker in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees really look out for and care for each other.
    Freedom and flexibility to chart your own career path.
    Cutting edge tools and technology to work with.

Cons

If you like structure and specific guidelines, you will not like Logos.
    Dependent insurance too expensive.

Work on the dependent insurance

Logos Bible Software Response

Oct 3, 2014CEO/President

I'm glad you like working here! The insurance issue is a tough one. I don't know if you were here when the big explanation of our strategy was sent out by email; I'll post it on the wiki. I'd also ... More

Challenging, yet highly rewarding.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

* The work you do helps spread the Gospel.
    * Get to work on exciting technology with incredibly talented people.
    * The work environments and benefits are fantastic.
    * Competitive compensation.
    * Unlimited time off.
    * The coffee is amazing.

Cons

It's been discussed at length in the past by people more informed than me, but it'd be nice to have a health care option that was subsidized for families, rather than having to rely on Obamacare for spouse + kids (not a deal breaker, though).

It might be an interesting idea to have senior developers on certain teams create brief tutorial videos on certain internal systems to help get newer employees up to speed and transfer tribal knowledge more quickly and efficiently.

Most significant work imaginable

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by people whose superior skills are matched only by their character (helpfulness, encouragement, positivity, integrity). I believe we produce the most significant and advanced religious media in the world, and that provides a sense of enormous significance to what we all are doing.

Cons

Unrelenting expectations (mitigated by helpful and patient supervisors and colleagues)

Keep up your visionary leadership

Wonderful company and employees

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Logos is a market leader in developing amazing Bible software tools to enrich users' study of the Word. Very fulfilling place to work. Coworkers are top notch at what they do and there's a culture of continual learning which ensures employees and the company never become stale.

Cons

Sometimes there are 'growing pains' as the company continues to grow and management and departments learn how to adapt.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Logos never limits you to what you can accomplished. Its spirit truly encompasses the entrepreneurial roots of its founders and Logos is growing FAST as a result.

Cons

Many in the marketing department feel that they are dispensable.

Keep up the good work

10. Some of the smartest people I've worked with.

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Best work-life balance of any job I've ever had. I go to work, then I go home; I don't stress about my job.
    - They're serious about there being no drama. People are very open with each other.
    - Easy to trust the decisions of management.

Cons

- When I first started I was worried about job security. That question has never really been "answered" but it seems like I've been here long enough to stop worrying about it.

Community volunteer opportunities to give us a better reputation in the city.

Logos Bible Software Response

Oct 3, 2014CEO/President

I'm glad to hear you don't take any stress home at night -- that's how it should be! Sorry you worried about job security; feel free to send suggestions on how we can do a better job at making people ... More

11. Most challenging and fulfilling place I've worked

Current Employee - Content Innovation in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Content Innovation in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible collection of bright and creative folks that really foster collaboration and development of ideas. The feedback is always constructive with a view to making things better or more efficient.

Cons

The focus on making things better, faster or more efficient can lead to not really celebrating successes or enjoying the victories. The thing that makes it a great place to work can be a double-edged sword at times

Logos Bible Software Photos