Logos Bible Software Reviews

Reset
4.4
Logos Bible Software President & CEO Bob Pritchett
Bob Pritchett

Pros
  • unlimited vacation time, flexible work hours, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Outdoor Center: bike storage and tools, use of outdoor equipment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Even though it's a fun work environment it's still work and sometimes you are challenged to work on projects you aren't particularly interested in (in 4 reviews)

• Lots of movement, and you can live with low pay as you build your experience (in 3 reviews)

I never want to work anywhere else

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about Logos is the people. The caliber of talent is amazing. Publications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Text Development and Development all have dedicated, intelligent, fun people working for them who strive to keep Logos an awesome place to work. Our CEO is always asking how we can make Logos a better place to work and employee suggestions are taken to heart. Individual growth is a priority at Logos. As a developer, if we need a technical book for work, or just for personal interest, we can simply ask and it's usually in the office the next day. Logos also offers a Read for Cash program almost every year where the company will pay you to read business books. Developers are treated very well at Logos. They are seen as an asset and not a liability. Logos makes every effort to ensure we have the best tools to do our jobs and we're working with the latest technology. Free coffee and beverages is a nice perk, as well as the foosball and ping pong tables in the common area. The employee insurance coverage is top-notch.

Cons

Enrolling spouses or dependents under the company provided insurance is cost prohibitive for most people because of the high level of benefits under the plan. Most employees generally opt for insurance on the open market for spouses or dependents. 401k matching is not as good as some companies. Neither of these are obligations for Logos to provide, of course, but they are factors to consider when looking at a employer.

2. Fantastic work environment. A very forward thinking company.

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking CEO, small teams, untracked vacation/sick days, a lot of opportunity for personal growth, company is constantly growing, competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

does not provide family insurance plans,

An awesome developer job

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High responsibility Low management overhead Industry leading technologies (NoSQL, C# 4.5, RabbitMQ, etc.) Awesome coworkers Work from home Unlimited vacation policy Small company ~300 employees

Cons

Location isn't fantastic, but is OK Depending on your team, you might be working weekends if your project has issues Because some of the technologies we use are very new to the industry, sometimes we deploy hacky solutions that don't always work / we deprecate it shortly after

Best workplace culture I've experienced anywhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are trusted. We have an "unlimited" vacation policy. Very collegial environment. Just the right amount of geekiness. Good life-work balance. I have not experience any bad office politics here. The customers love us. We work with a lot of the latest technologies. For those who love the Bible, the work has a deeper value. Bellingham is a great place to live.

Cons

No stock options (however, that comes with an upside in stability). I took a pay cut to work here (but I don't regret it).

Challenging job with more opportunity than I could have possibly expected.

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Logos Bible Software is a great place to learn and grow as a software developer. I'm faced with numerous challenges here which has helped me grow more in the last year than I have in my ten years of experience in this field. Many of the developers here are top in their field and are more than willing to share their knowledge to help you grow. Several of our developers contribute meaningful patches back to prominent open source projects, such as Mono. The benefits of working at THE Bible Software Company are fantastic as well! Requires prior knowledge of "The Princess Bride" to understand office humor.

Cons

In the year I've been here, I've been on two teams. The only problem I have with that is I didn't have enough time on the first team to learn what I needed to learn about the application architecture. Requires prior knowledge of "The Princess Bride" to understand office humor.

Efficient, growth-oriented company with high standards

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company leadership values excellence in the product and in employees' work. The culture is that of personal and corporate growth. Employees are free to make mistakes, but held accountable for repeated poor performance. The leaders are pragmatic and make big decisions from reason, not emotion.

Cons

While salary is competitive, there are no stock options and cash bonuses are rare. The health insurance coverage is good, but it is not subsidized for families and therefore not very affordable. The focus on high performance can be stressful at times.

Great place for young professionals to learn and grow

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great internships, growing company, friendly employees, free resources for recreation, employees are given much ownership of their responsibilities, supervisors listen to desire for more responsibility

Cons

HQ is in one of the unsunniest cities in the country, health insurance sucks if you're married with kids, I felt unsettled because of the lack of feedback on my performance when I started here

From intern to Software Developer

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely open, No specific hours, Unlimited (obviously within reason) vacation, Tons of communication between workers, Great communication from higher ups (even 1 on 1s with CEO) let you constantly know what direction the company is going in.

Cons

Location, if you like small-town Bellingham, it is great. If you want to be nearby anything else, it can be rough.

Advice to Management

With how relaxed and loose everything is, I kinda feel like I'm doing something that is secretly looked down upon every time I take advantage of a vacation day, or work odd hours, or anything along those lines. I also feel like because everyone is trying to be so open-minded about these policies that that where won't be any form of early warning that one might be using them too much and will instead skip straight to the final warning. This keeps me a little paranoid in the back of my head every time I go home for the day. But, then again, this is me finding something slightly wrong with an awesome policy.

Great environment, tons of opportunity and top tier coworkers

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management invests in developers. From free books to high quality equipment and tools. There is no shortage of interesting projects. This is not a code-slinging job, you get the opportunity to work on challenging problems and bleeding edge technology. The company is growing, so there is a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

The employee benefits are awesome, but crazy expensive for spouse/family. The compensation is competitive, but be prepared to work your way back up the responsibility ladder. All developers start at the bottom and work their way back into leadership roles – regardless of previous experience.

11. Great software development job

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Logos Bible Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- interesting & challenging projects to work on - keep up with the latest technologies - frequently launching on new platforms or going after new markets - smart co-workers - lots of freedom to make the job what you want it

Cons

- frequently launching new projects, perhaps before existing ones have matured - some legacy code that will take time to clean up and modernize

RSS Feed </> Embed