Loiederman Soltesz Associates

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Loiederman Soltesz Associates

Pros

The staff interacts and gets along great. There is opportunity for growth and employees are appreciated. This is one of the few firms in the land development business that have maintained a steady stream of work in these difficult times. Upper management stays involved and rewards employees for good work.

Cons

A couple of employees have recently left to pursue other career paths. They need to be replaced. It's sometimes difficult to find good employees these days.

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue new employees.

2. Only as good as your last success

I worked at Loiederman Soltesz Associates

Pros

Most of the staff is knowledgeable and works hard for clients

Cons

Executive team is out of touch and doesn't care about concerns of staff

Advice to Management

As long as CEO keeps CFO as #2, the firm will be no more than it currently is.

3. Great place for people who want challenging projects in Washington DC region

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Loiederman Soltesz Associates

Pros

The wide variety of projects and customers makes this an interesting place to have a career. We are working for both the private and public civil design sectors, which will help to balance the workload and the backlog to better position the firm through the various economic cycles. Senior management values the contributions of staff and recognizes those members with spot awards and is always stopping by to personally thank the various team members that satisfy a customer or get praise from an agency. We have had some great new hires recently that bring their professional skills to the team.

Cons

With the past reliance on the housing construction industry, we were too dependent on a single industry and unfortunately had to lay off staff in the recent past as we didn't have backlog or workload to support everyone we had here. But this is the past and we are working to make the future even better.

Advice to Management

1. Keep pushing on marketing a variety of projects/business, 2. continue to invest in staff training at both external and internal programs, 3. continue to upgrade survey and computer equipment/software, and 4. continue to acknowledge and reward key performers on both the technical and project management sides of the business

5. A good place to work. Variety of projects, friendly people.

I have been working at Loiederman Soltesz Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good company working hard to be an even better company. A variety of clients, an aggressive market expansion program. Have hired some very strong managers and staff in recent months. Good benefits. Up grading some older policies to be more competitive.

Cons

No significant problems. Would be nice if upper management talked more often to the staff. There is a lot going on in our offices and we don't always, know the details.

6. Very good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Loiederman Soltesz Associates

Pros

Great benefits, open communication, friendly people. Health insurance portion paid by LSA is 75% Majority of managers consistently update staff on what's happening in the company.

Cons

No telecommuting or work from home policies.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain open communication