Loma Linda University Medical Center

Employer Engaged

Great place for experience

Current Employee - LVN in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and team work

Cons

Not paid enough for your hard work.

Good Place to work and gain experience

Current Employee - Maintenance in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people and the enviroment.

Cons

Pay is a little under what other big medical centers pay.

N/A

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center

Pros

Benefits are great
    Location is great

Cons

Hiring process is long
    Pay isn't that great

Been there for 10+ years now.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers. Environment is slightly better than other local facilities but in a decline.

Cons

Nursing management puts a premium on saving money and it seems at times cutting corners on staffing. Very top down management style- where regular employees do not have a voice. Slow decline in SDA "touch" within the building as moral is low. Pay is far below area averages.

Rededicate to the mission. Listen to employees instead of trying to convince them you are right in all things. Pay better. Focus on patient care- via rewards for higher levels of learning (certification, continued education etc.) Bring back some of the stuff we have lost over the past 5 years.

Good place to work as a Full Time Employee.

Former Contractor - Systems Analyst in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Contractor - Systems Analyst in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide reasonable pay for temps, good pay and benefits for full time employees and good training opportunities. Friendly work environment.

Cons

They lead their temps on with false hopes of becoming an FTE and let them go on a moments notice.

They need to treat temp/contract employees with more respect. Telling people that nobody will lose their job and then turning around and cutting jobs is not a good practice, especially for a religious institution.

Overall great place to work

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Loma Linda, CA

Pros

Good health insurance, great co-workers

Cons

Hiring process takes too long. Upper management is not that great and things are slow to change

Nicest people I've ever worked with.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved the teaching atmosphere and emphasis on continued education. Learning is supported here. I had been a nurse for 10 years before working here and learned more in my short time than all previous years combined. Everyone seemed to love what they did and wanted to do right by the patients. I never felt like decisions were money driven.

Cons

Pay was not the best. Loma Linda and surrounding cities are pretty hot and desolate to live in. I left only because I chose to stay home to raise my kids.

I had a wonderful manager. Keep up the good work!

Most people are wonderful to work with. Unusual arrangement of HRM and printing services 'HRM'

Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working extensively with the 'whole' community of Loma Linda through deliveries has excellent exposure. ALL departments have great staff, most willing to help or work with you to solutions for better deliveries. Pay rate stops short of equal to other institutions. LLUMC/HS has a 'Mission' to make man whole, my department never followed this or cared about the very environment they work in.

Cons

Supervisors w/o integrity, compassion, or teamwork as a whole. HRM's investigations into misconduct never followed through by the employee of HR. The Risk Mngt insurance, community of Dr.s and worker comp. fail at compliance and should not be integrated. Making Dr.'s ethical and moral obligation to the employee of certain dept.'s (patient) substandard in care, while higher ($) dept.'s are given cart blanch care in the entirety, including complete office renovations in the thousands.

I tried to share advice or input and was told I didn't know what I was talking about. I thought FMLA was a state law, being fired while I was still under this 'Law" after all the rest of the slander, harassment and defamation after 10 years of service, never pursued getting it back. Personal are promoted for there inability rather than performance. I do hope that the head(s) of my department are caught before someone gets hurt again or killed by the irresponsible judgement(s) of supervisor. Not to mention the extent of cost being accrued by said individuals by lack of skill or desire to do the job right. (The amount of wasted monies $390,000.00 annually, this is modest) But I don't know what I'm talking about.

My experience at Loma Linda was ok, they should treat their employees better

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Consistent paycheck every other week

Cons

Company culture is horrible. not recommended

Develop a better culture

Great Christian Atmosphere

Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Loma Linda, CA

Pros

The people are the reason I stay.

Cons

The pay is very substandard