Loma Linda University Medical Center

Reset
3.6
Loma Linda University Medical Center President & CEO Richard H. Hart, MD, DrPH
Richard H. Hart, MD, DrPH

Pros
  • Employee benefits are great and there is always opportunity for growth (in 3 reviews)

• Good health insurance, great co-workers (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Not paid enough for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• High-turnover is experienced due to an array of internal problems (in 3 reviews)

1. Happy

Current Employee - Pca in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Pca in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at LLUMC because my coworkers are all friendly and helpful. We believe in teamwork on my unit. The management is fair and uthreatening.

Cons

The downside is that the pay could be better. It's a great place to learn and everyone works really hard. I know other hospitals pay more.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay for techs. It's not enough to live on. Better equipment would help us to work more efficient.

Medical Assistant

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time

Pros

Teamwork was great to work with

Cons

Good to work with them

3. Good learning environment

Current Employee - Anesthesia Technician in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Anesthesia Technician in Loma Linda, CA

Pros

Attending, Residents, nurses are easy to work with great learning environment for everyone. You learn a lot from everyone and more importantly, one does not feel stupid if they don't know anything because everyone is learning.

Cons

Working with colleges are very stressful, low paying job compared to other jobs, more importantly, sometimes people forget about the why we are in healthcare. Management needs to listen to workers more often rather than always interacting them what to do.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers and realize the reason why we are in health. which is to help people who can not help themselves at the moment. our job is to provide temporary relieve, and to nurse them back to their daily life.

5. Volunteering

Former Freelancer - Volunteer in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Freelancer - Volunteer in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

great place to learn and great people. atmosphere is strict but overall a nice feel to it. the people are always happy to help a newbe

Cons

worked either really hard or they have nothing for you to do. as a volunteer you get very little patient contact because they refuse to let you sign a hippa contract. so if patient contact is something youre looking for dont bother volunteering.

Advice to Management

probably should allow volunteers to sign hippa contract so you can use them in other areas of the hospital. i know many other hospitals do this to prevent any leak in private patient information liability.

Speech Language Pathologist

Former Employee - Speech Pathologist in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Speech Pathologist in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LLUMC provides great benefits, comprehensive training to employees, and abundant resources.

Cons

Poor work-life balance, departmental director was not open to improving policies and procedures, and general location is not desirable.

Advice to Management

Consider revamping policies and procedures to increase employee moral.

rn

Current Employee - ICU RN in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - ICU RN in Loma Linda, CA

Pros

there is a good team work.

Cons

low pay if you compare with other hospital

8. Great hospital to work!

Current Employee - Dietitian Technician in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Dietitian Technician in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Great clinical staff in the hospital

Cons

No opportunity for professional growth

9. Research Assistant position review

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back, decent pay and regular salary increments, plus bonuses, really nice people

Cons

Some buildings still dingy, management/admin work can be slightly slow sometimes.

Advice to Management

Raise the bar

10. Employed at LLUMC in Murrieta. Great place to work, flexible schedule, and staff is always courteous and respectful.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Murrieta, CA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Murrieta, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, work flexibility & friendly staff. All employees work well together and always provide excellent customer service with a smile.

Cons

One con was my supervisor who I believed was not competent enough to hold the position of supervisor which was why I left but later found out he was fired a few months after.

Advice to Management

Good supervisors and leadership.

11. Loma Linda is a suportive environment, where empoyees are made to feel respected.

Former Employee - Project Credentialed Trainer in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Project Credentialed Trainer in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loma Linda was a supportive caring place to work. Their mission is one that provides an environment, which supports taking care of their client, the medical patient.

Cons

The pay is not as good, as the same job elsewhere. One must recognize the focus is not on financial advancement.

Advice to Management

In spite of the pay gap, the management has created a positive work environment. Keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed