Loma Linda University Medical Center

Updated December 3, 2014
3.5

Loma Linda University Medical Center President & CEO Richard H. Hart, MD, DrPH
Richard H. Hart, MD, DrPH

Pros
  • Employee benefits are great and there is always opportunity for growth (in 3 reviews)

• Good health insurance and tuition benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unfortunately LLUMC does not value their employees for their hard work they put in through out the years to the company (in 5 reviews)

• High-turnover is experienced due to an array of internal problems (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

45 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Loma Linda Nutrition Services is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Diet Technician in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Diet Technician in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, friendly family like department, rewarding job with optimal work load, challenging but do-able. In the process of making changes to improve patient satisfaction.

Cons

Pay may not be as high as other equivalent positions, sometimes doing extra work due to limited staffing and turnover of jobs

Hire replacements sooner.

Seeing Improvement

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very good benefits and contrary to what others have said I am quite happy with my salary. Kaiser offered me a job, but with a lower salary and that job was a per Diem position. So I was expecting Kaiser to offer me 15% higher pay because of no benefits. Pros also are plenty of time off when you need any vacation. Very good Differential pay. The best I have ever received anywhere I have worked.

Cons

Not much career advancement for staff that has the experience and the tenure here.

Maybe not so much micro management.. Try not to have favoritism.

Overall positive experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are kind and nice to work with. Mission and values are well taught, and mostly well demonstrated. Health benefits are great. Lots of opportunities for employee engagement and training.

Cons

Though trainings are available, there is rarely room for career development or advancement. Pay and raises are not competitive. HR is a little disorganized, resulting in a longer hiring process.

Invest in growing your employees. Employee engagement activities need to be followed through with more opportunities for structured career development.

A Positive Experience

Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Loma Linda, CA

Pros

Working in this organization is a "family experience". Its also a Christian institution.

Cons

The pay is not as well as in the larger city hospitals

Mediocre opportunities for professional growth and development

Former Employee - Human Resource Professional in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resource Professional in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, nice co-workers,

Cons

Low compensation, micro-management, no professional development

Great place for experience

Current Employee - LVN in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and team work

Cons

Not paid enough for your hard work.

Good Place to work and gain experience

Current Employee - Maintenance in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people and the enviroment.

Cons

Pay is a little under what other big medical centers pay.

N/A

Good place to work as a Full Time Employee.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide reasonable pay for temps, good pay and benefits for full time employees and good training opportunities. Friendly work environment.

Cons

They lead their temps on with false hopes of becoming an FTE and let them go on a moments notice.

They need to treat temp/contract employees with more respect. Telling people that nobody will lose their job and then turning around and cutting jobs is not a good practice, especially for a religious institution.

Overall great place to work

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Loma Linda, CA

Pros

Good health insurance, great co-workers

Cons

Hiring process takes too long. Upper management is not that great and things are slow to change

Most people are wonderful to work with. Unusual arrangement of HRM and printing services 'HRM'

Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Loma Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Mail Clerk in Loma Linda, CA

I worked at Loma Linda University Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working extensively with the 'whole' community of Loma Linda through deliveries has excellent exposure. ALL departments have great staff, most willing to help or work with you to solutions for better deliveries. Pay rate stops short of equal to other institutions. LLUMC/HS has a 'Mission' to make man whole, my department never followed this or cared about the very environment they work in.

Cons

Supervisors w/o integrity, compassion, or teamwork as a whole. HRM's investigations into misconduct never followed through by the employee of HR. The Risk Mngt insurance, community of Dr.s and worker comp. fail at compliance and should not be integrated. Making Dr.'s ethical and moral obligation to the employee of certain dept.'s (patient) substandard in care, while higher ($) dept.'s are given cart blanch care in the entirety, including complete office renovations in the thousands.

I tried to share advice or input and was told I didn't know what I was talking about. I thought FMLA was a state law, being fired while I was still under this 'Law" after all the rest of the slander, harassment and defamation after 10 years of service, never pursued getting it back. Personal are promoted for there inability rather than performance. I do hope that the head(s) of my department are caught before someone gets hurt again or killed by the irresponsible judgement(s) of supervisor. Not to mention the extent of cost being accrued by said individuals by lack of skill or desire to do the job right. (The amount of wasted monies $390,000.00 annually, this is modest) But I don't know what I'm talking about.