Loma Linda University Medical Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Loma Linda University Medical Center President & CEO Richard H. Hart, MD, DrPH

Richard H. Hart, MD, DrPH

Pros
  • Good health insurance and tuition benefits (in 3 reviews)

• Employee benefits are great and there is always opportunity for growth (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Unfortunately LLUMC does not value their employees for their hard work they put in through out the years to the company (in 3 reviews)

• High-turnover is experienced due to an array of internal problems (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
39 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Place to work and gain experience

Maintenance (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsThe people and the enviroment.

ConsPay is a little under what other big medical centers pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good place to work as a Full Time Employee.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsThey provide reasonable pay for temps, good pay and benefits for full time employees and good training opportunities. Friendly work environment.

ConsThey lead their temps on with false hopes of becoming an FTE and let them go on a moments notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to treat temp/contract employees with more respect. Telling people that nobody will lose their job and then turning around and cutting jobs is not a good practice, especially for a religious institution.

Overall great place to work

Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsGood health insurance, great co-workers

ConsHiring process takes too long. Upper management is not that great and things are slow to change

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most people are wonderful to work with. Unusual arrangement of HRM and printing services 'HRM'

Mail Clerk (Former Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsWorking extensively with the 'whole' community of Loma Linda through deliveries has excellent exposure. ALL departments have great staff, most willing to help or work with you to solutions for better deliveries. Pay rate stops short of equal to other institutions. LLUMC/HS has a 'Mission' to make man whole, my department never followed this or cared about the very environment they work in.

ConsSupervisors w/o integrity, compassion, or teamwork as a whole. HRM's investigations into misconduct never followed through by the employee of HR. The Risk Mngt insurance, community of Dr.s and worker comp. fail at compliance and should not be integrated. Making Dr.'s ethical and moral obligation to the employee of certain dept.'s (patient) substandard in care, while higher ($) dept.'s are given cart blanch care in the entirety, including complete office renovations in the thousands.

Advice to Senior ManagementI tried to share advice or input and was told I didn't know what I was talking about. I thought FMLA was a state law, being fired while I was still under this 'Law" after all the rest of the slander, harassment and defamation after 10 years of service, never pursued getting it back. Personal are promoted for there inability rather than performance. I do hope that the head(s) of my department are caught before someone gets hurt again or killed by the irresponsible judgement(s) of supervisor. Not to mention the extent of cost being accrued by said individuals by lack of skill or desire to do the job right. (The amount of wasted monies $390,000.00 annually, this is modest) But I don't know what I'm talking about.

My experience at Loma Linda was ok, they should treat their employees better

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsConsistent paycheck every other week

ConsCompany culture is horrible. not recommended

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a better culture

Great Christian Atmosphere

Unit Secretary (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsThe people are the reason I stay.

ConsThe pay is very substandard

"Great for new worker to gain experience to jump start their career at other places"

Healthcare Provider (Former Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsThere are many smart and kind people working in this institution. A lot of capable doctors and nurses and smart employees. Very spiritual places for christian. Non-christian are widely accepted to work in here too. A very diverse workforce. It has Allied health schools around if you want to take few classes.

ConsThere's no work-life balance. Pay is considered lagging the market practice. Can't hold on to great workers but instead holding unto weak employees who can't go anywhere else. Highly politicize. CEO, COO, VP, and Hospital Senior administrations all have recently been replaced. Old school management concept (sit on your chair all day long is considered working). Office feels like cold war environment. You are working utilizing only need-to-know basis. Some immediate management will throw you under the bus if needed (not all). Finally, cafeteria foods is undesirable.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you keep chasing new young blood away, you will never advance the mission of the great place. Stop using the same excuse that because of the surroundings and populations that the hospital is struggling financially. If Harper University Hospital in downtown Detroid, a city that had declared bankrupt, still managed to have at least 2 specialties ranked nationally, it is a shame that being in a better area and founded earlier than UCLA, Loma Linda is unable to remain as top employee. You have been paying the gallup survey yearly and nothing has been done to empower working employees. Just save the money and use it to empower workers instead of looking at the data every year and do nothing about it.

Not Valued/Compensated for having knowledge or dedication to the company.

OR-RN (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsPeople that have worked here are very experienced and willing to help new staff learn. If you want to learn and be one of the most competent health care workers in the field, then this is the place for you. Due to the different specialties available in LLUMC you learn from very well knowledge staff in many fields.

ConsLLUMC has staff very experienced in what they do. Being part of a Level 1 trauma center in the IE can be a challenge that staff tends to burnout, as seen in a big turnover of staff in the operating room. Unfortunately LLUMC does not value their employees for their hard work they put in through out the years to the company. Knowledge or experience is not compensated well in LLUMC, as seen in many experienced employees that have been working for the company for many years and still getting 1/3 pay less than surrounding hospitals. Promotions for staff is seen by staff as a burden because of the expectations by leadership personal without much finical compensation. Due to the high turnover of staff, leadership also has taken its toll and many individuals that have the experience of many years in their background do not take this positions because they have toped-out their income and see no other benefit or compensation by taking leadership positions. Benefits are not as good as surrounding hospitals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake incentives for attracting and keeping staff. You spend more $ training and retraining new staff and decreasing the quality of care if you continue to loose experienced personnel.

A good place to work

Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsWell organized workplace, and the majority of coworkers are helpful. Management was very accommodating to the various schedules of the part-time workers. It was a good experience overall.

ConsOvertly religious workplace (Seventh Day Adventist hospital), so some things may rub you the wrong way. Also the cafeteria food is lackluster because Seventh Day Adventists don't eat meat, salt, caffeine, and other delicious things. Breakfast is usually good, but for other meals the salad bar is the only thing guaranteed not to be bland.

This is the company that cares, providing employees, as well as customers with quality service.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsLoma Linda University Medical Center saves lives, and inspires people.

ConsThe demand for parking for services is larger than the space available.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep inspiring people to do better, get better, and succeed.

Worked for Loma Linda University Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!