Loma Linda University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Loma Linda University Chancellor and CEO Richard H. Hart

Richard H. Hart

I have learned the skill of adapting to change and am a stronger person for it.

Document Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) San Bernardino, CA

ProsThe benefits are great here. Also the relationships with co-workers & leadership team is great. The spiritual aspect of working for this health organization is wonderful.

ConsThe pay for the complexity of our job skills is the lowest of surrounding healthcare facilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better wages for the job as the skill set required increases or changes. People will remain in the department and be less likely to leave for higher paid professions.

Excellent University

Resident Assistant - Sub (Former Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsDean of Women at Kate Lindsay Hall will work with your school schedule. You are more likely to be promoted to RA position which will give you room-rent compensation instead of hourly pay. Promotions to Full-time Resident Assistant is possible pending you show excellent time-management skills, keep in close connection with other RA's and make your desires clear with the deans.

ConsPrepare to dedicate time and effort for work related activities all days of the week. Raises are not available unless you are promoted to full time RA or student dean, where pay is compensated differently.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work at Kate Lindsay Hall.

Great Opportunity to Work Here

Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsGreat people and consistent hours. I hear the benefit packages are competitive and worthwhile for full time employees.

ConsBenefits for part-time employees are out of sight expensive. Very difficult company to get into.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that still cares for employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsCaring Coworkers
    Company does many different programs and has many features that benefit the employee. Little things like giving out pedometers to encourage walking, and putting out newsletters to let employees know what is going on are not unappreciated.

ConsThere is a lot of work to get done every day and it can be very stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good atmosphere, and make sure to never forget about the employees.

A place of excellence

Graduate Student (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsFriendly staff, regular hours, great experience, knowledgeable personnel, Sabbath hours observed, great balance with personal life. Ideal for student.

ConsThe facility is fairly small, departments seem disconnected, lots of tedious meticulous work to perform.

Love my job!

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat environment to work in and allows for work / life balance

ConsSalary is not as high as competitors

The institution does not listen to or involve faculty when making decisions concerning teaching or research.

Assistant Professor, Biochemistry (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsThe weather is mild and numerous cultural attractions are within a days drive.

ConsThe compensation is not competitive. Most departments in the School of Medicine are very political. Faculty who do their share of teaching and service are not supported.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many staff and faculty on the payroll are not productive (teaching and/or research) resulting in a lack of funds to adequately support research, compensate productive employees, and keep tuition low. You need to hire better department chairs who can actually manage their employees to further the institutional mission.

Management favors those who are "lifetime friends or family" - nepotism is rampant.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsGood educational experiences because it's a level 4 trauma center. Experience here looks good on a resume. State of the art equipment and newly remodeled atmosphere. If your one of those that are "favored" it can't get better.

ConsLax atmosphere sometimes leads to patient safety issues that are promptly hidden and covered up by management. Management practices favoritism that is off the charts. Higher management needs to do a unit/department management overhaul with respects to not only unit managers but with charge nurses, as well. In fact, the overhaul should ESPECIALLY be with respect to the charge nurses.

Advice to Senior ManagementLimit gossip. Practice fairness to all employees.

Nice place to start at

Research Technician (Former Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsThe people are extremely nice and welcoming-they're very interested in getting to know you. It's easy to get a sense of camaraderie amongst colleagues there. Lots of opportunities for professional development (i.e. seminars, conferences, etc.). It is a place where you can very quickly feel at home.

ConsPay is not very competitive particularly if you are in the research sector. The research is not particularly "cutting edge"but every one works hard (and late) in order to advance in their studies and become competitive.

Disappointing at best

Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) Loma Linda, CA

ProsPeople are very nice and the have nice Christmas decor. They work an adjusted schedule so most jobs are 8.5 hours Monday-Thursday and 6 hours Friday.

ConsHard to get anything done. Paid leave/sick leave is a joke. Have to have 120 hours in sick leave bank before you can draw directly from it--takes about 3 years working full time to ear that. Internal website is hard to use. Facilities and policies tend to be outdated. Strongly relies on paper for research where most institutions rely on electronic submission systems. Lots of passing the buck off to others when things go wrong. No ownership unless it's to take credit for other's successes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiding behind politics as an excuse for poor management and inability to get anything done. Update the policies and improve processes or talent will walk. Don't just keep people because they've been there forever. Make them actually work to keep their jobs.

Worked for Loma Linda University? Contribute to the Community!