Lone Star Circle of Care

Updated November 22, 2014
2.0

Rhonda Mundhenk, JD, MPH
1 Rating

Executive Leaders are still an issue

I have been working at Lone Star Circle of Care

Pros

Some leaders are great to work with and try very hard to make the work life environment a positive place to be. Clinic staff seem to be happier and morale seems to be improving.

Cons

Executive leadership continues to be an issue. People have been handed Executive roles due to favoritism and the buddy system. It's disgusting how many of the execs and their favorites were saved from being laid off while the clinics and other areas struggled. The new CEO seems to be making some positive changes however she needs to change her Executive leaders out. They're not all equal.

If you can't handle the role as executive leaders, get out! Either you're a nurse or a leader and it's quite apparent that not all nurses can be leaders. Learn to work as a TEAM!!! So much more can get accomplished if you worked outside of the people you favor. They're not as knowledgeable as they portray. Open your eyes.

I learned a lot.

I worked at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time

Pros

The front line staff at Lone Star work there because they really care about helping the patients.
    There is room for advancement if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

When I worked there it was top heavy with management staff and communication from the top down was poor.
    Salaries are good and fair.

Communicate with staff more.

Overall, a positive experience

Former Employee - Administrative in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the opportunity for growth within the company. My supervisor really cared about my advancement within the company, and was open to including me in projects that would get me to where I wanted to go.

Cons

There are silos, which hinders the ability to accomplish the company's mission.

I think all of the managers across the company should put more effort into working with each other, instead of against.

No longer the same wonderful company it was originally. Mission now caters to administration leaders, not patients.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Several co-workers and clinical staff who support each other and care deeply for patients.

Cons

Administration Leadership that took over after original group are too self-absorbed. Frivolous money being spent on themselves was over-the-top. I believe their frivolous spending and over inflated salaries led to the recent layoffs.

They don't take advise.

Very unprofessional

Former Employee - Referrals in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Referrals in Austin, TX

I worked at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Paid leave and pay

Cons

Unprofessional, the buddy system with management , unqualified management staff, no clue as to how to provide good patient care.

Stop promoting employees with no education or management skills.

Too fasted paced

Former Employee - Provider
    Former Employee - Provider

I worked at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits and good co-workers

Cons

No work/life balance at all. Most schedules do not allow for notes or administrative tasks until the end of the day so most days are 10 hours or more long on a routine basis. Intakes were expected without appropriate time frames and instead of correcting the time needed they disjointed the process which made it difficult to read for the other providers as needed for proper care. Totally backward approach to health care where it is run for the administrators rather than the providers who are producing the income by which all are paid. They are killing the golden goose and if that does not end the organization may not survive. That will be most unfortunate for the population that really need and count on this organization.

Listen to your providers - they are highly educated and know what it takes to provide quality care for the people of Williamson County. Include the providers in the discussions about the "business" end of things so that the providers can be empowered to be a part of the whole process not just the medical end. Perhaps the administration could learn about the medical needs in the process as well. MORE COMMUNICATION and less hidden agenda.

It's Not What You Know It's Who You Know

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Patients can have somewhere to go for there care. Dont know to many facilities that provides care on a sliding fee scale. Some patients are getting there care, and prescriptions next to nothing.

Cons

Moving up is impossible
    Ideas are not considered unless your administration
    The mission never was significant

Find new management staff. Stop promoting un qualified employees. Stop going around creating positions that are not needed.

Good mission, poor corporate culture

I worked at Lone Star Circle of Care

Pros

Solid training program. Staff was well prepared to do their jobs. Salary good at the entry levels.

Cons

All my colleagues were terrified of making a mistake. Tattling was rampant. any minor issue was cc: to your boss, your bosses boss, and some unrelated people. Too much youth in management, not enough experience. Focus on policy and procedures instead of the mission. Too much data collection to run an efficient operation, and the patients notice. Expected to check and respond to email 24/7

I tried. They didn't listen.

Poor executive management made this company crumble

Former Employee - Management - Administrator in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Management - Administrator in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Mediocre pay for Office Management and anyone under management position.
    Highly overpaid executives, directors, practice administrators
    Good PTO

Cons

Laid off 185 employees as of June 1, 2014, cut pay for those that were grossly overpaid in the first place only to offer some of the special one's whatever it took to keep them. Poor executive management continues from the new CEO (Rhonda).

The Board Members need to hire another CEO and CLEAN HOUSE!

Not worth applying here

I worked at Lone Star Circle of Care full-time

Pros

-Good pay
    -A lot of PTO

Cons

-Clinic and call center don't work together.
    -Lay offs: 80 + employees got laid off May 1st. All administrative. Call agents, executives, directors, LVNs, Fellows
    -If you are closely bonded/associated with someone on the executive team, you will be safe from layoffs and most likely be very favored by the people under the executive. If not, you are screwed.

Hire and keep those employees that are willing to help make LSCC a better place to work.

Don't hire those people because they know the boss but have no experience or are horrible at what they do.

Lone Star Circle of Care Photos