Lone Star Steakhouse

Be The First To
Add Photos

Patrick A. (Pat) Droesch

Good for Part-Time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI only worked the part-time side, but I met friendly coworkers

ConsAs with any other restaurant position, the job can get stressful

Lone Star Experience

Server (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsFriendly atmosphere
    Somewhat laid back (depending on the manager, some are more pushy than others)
    Managers are willing to work with your schedule and give you time off when you ask

ConsSomewhat disorganized
    Often ran out of items such as ramekins for sauce, spoons, etc...
    Loud kitchen, managers yelling and arguing with cooks
    Management making servers fill out "check in" sheets

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you feel that a server or any other employee is having trouble, try asking them what they feel they are having trouble with. Show concern and desire to help them succeed and don't make them feel bad for not being the best. Show and interest in who they are and they will be more likely to open up and want to do better

If began very well with a lot of upside on moving up in the company.

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCloses earlier than most restaurants. Hours can be shorter if you have a well run location.

ConsThe communication is very poor. They speak of accountability all the time yet upper management never followed through with promises.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to stick to your guns. The communication is very poor and if you are going to tell an entire organization your goals make a plan that makes sense!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible hours, fun easy place to work

Server Trainer (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsEasy menu, great place to work as long as your willing to make a bit less in exchange for a more relaxed environment and flexible hours

ConsRestaurant lack knowledge of their customer base... resulting in lower sales then their competitors

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate - educate your team on your customers, and don't forget about the few loyal patrons you have

Great Training and Management

Server (Former Employee) Rockford, IL

ProsGreat Culture, Strives for excellence. Moved up in rankings fairly quickly, and perks are great! Really liked the management at my branch!

ConsI didn't find much conflict with the company as a whole, but there were certain organizational problems within the specific store that I was in. Sometimes a bulk of the weight was dropped on the servers.

Server/ Bartender

Server (Former Employee) Corona, CA

ProsIt was a Job and when you werent fighting for a table it was ok.

ConsPoor Management who were told on numerous occasions of employee theft and inappropriate conduct who chose to ignore the situation.

The managers were unprofessional and immature. We were almost always out of something me we needed

ProsFlexible schedule, quick cash, fun people to work with

ConsLack of communication between the layers of management and the staff. we were often confused.

It was ok.

Cook (Former Employee) Belleville, MI

ProsThe staff is cool well most of them any ways.

Consemployees came to work under the influence of something.

Advice to Senior Managementclean it up.

Enjoyed my time with Lone Star

Bartender (Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsThe hours were flexible and accommodated family life. It's a fun, challenging work environment that is fast paced and ever changing.

ConsThe pay is not predictable, but this is true of most jobs in the industry. There are no benefits for hourly employees either, which is frustrating.

Too many transitions without a general of idea of where they wanted to go and who they were willing to serve.

Server Trainer (Former Employee) North Olmsted, OH

ProsThe relationship with the managers on staff were excellent. The staff who was dedicated were great to work with.

ConsThe corporation was without direction. The employees were not given many incentives to continually change and given very little support.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor senior management stop trying to rival the other brands in a saturated market. Find your niche and continue serving to the best of your abilities. Stop giving away free meals to anyone who seems dissatisfied because word travels fast and you lose money. Also pay attention to the needs of your servers and kitchen staff, they are your ground troops and if they are not happy your customers will never get a great experience.

Worked for Lone Star Steakhouse? Contribute to the Community!