Long & Foster Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Worst morale of any company I have ever worked. The shared services teams were miserable with lack of leadership.

I have been working at Long & Foster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Found some good people in lower level positions- the higher up the position the less moral compass the person had

Cons

no advancement, bonuses, and horrible work/life balance. If they want to compete with getting you and fresh talent they need to open up telework, flex schedules, better benefits

2. Not bad, but not good

I have been working at Long & Foster

Pros

Gives you all the tools you could possibly need to acquire customers

Cons

Terrible Guidance for new agents

Advice to Management

More training

3. Good money, but upper management lacks morals and accountability

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Long & Foster full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, bonuses and vacation time were good. The new facility was nice. Ample opportunity to move around the company to different departments.

Cons

Upper management disengaged. Concerns brought to them or HR were swept under the rug. Gossip was rampant - even with upper management participating and not acting professional toward their staff.

5. Amount the best choices for a Realtor

Current Employee - Realtor in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Realtor in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Long & Foster part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Terrific Brand Recognition Professional Co-Workers Experienced Management Competitive splits L&F is truly a top competitor in the mid-Atlantic market I've worked at C21 & Keller. I think L&F is far superior.

Cons

Corporate Mentality Need to be a bit more outside the box Relo fee I find the office culture to be positive with a lot of support from management and co-workers.

Advice to Management

Better Communication with agents. More townhall meetings.

6. Depends on the branch office

I worked at Long & Foster part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

WC & AN Miller is a subsidiary Long & Foster, Inc. I worked for 3 different branch offices over a period of 10 years. At Long and Foster, I was satisfied with the flexibility, support, regular hourly increases, accessible and fair management. High production was rewarded frequently with trips, parties, etc. The general morale was very positive and mutually supportive. There was a strong commitment by management to keep the large office cohesive and involved via mentoring programs, seminars, clubs, etc.

Cons

Moving to the Miller offices (because there were more hours available) was a decision I immediately regretted. Manager blatantly played favorites, morale was non-existent, no regard or support among the agents, truly an atmosphere of negativity. I was treated with absolute disrespect and downright derision. I spoke to human resources several times about the abuse and though they tried to be helpful, proceeding would have meant even more confrontation and I could not stomach that. I finally found another job, and quit abruptly (not something I would EVER do in anything but extraordinary circumstances). I forwarded my letter I of resignation to the owner, CEO, regional and district managers of Long & Foster outlining my experience. Never in 9 years I had never made a peep about anything, I had met them all on several occasions, and hoped for at the least an acknowledgement. I'm still waiting...

Advice to Management

Be more discerning in the hiring/promotion process. Request feedback from employees and agents through surveys etc. on a regular basis.

7. Run...JUST. RUN.

I worked at Long & Foster full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The building is new so the work spaces and furnishings are current and clean, unlike the 1980s decor that exists in most of L&F's sales offices.

Cons

- Company-wide pay freezes were in place for all employees for 5 of the 7+ years I worked for L&F. For all I know, they could still be in place... - Perks? Don't be silly! L&F is notoriously cheap, cheap, cheap. Be ready to fork over $0.50 for a miniature cup of coffee. - One of those highest on the totem pole just adores his ivory tower, and rarely (if ever) ventures out to associate with his "minions". - Never, EVER trust anyone in HR as the entire department is corrupt, but that's to be expected. - Head of IT has a serious God complex, so consider yourself warned. - There has never been, and never will be, a shortage of lawsuits brought against L&F. Shocker.

Advice to Management

Your business model just doesn't work, guys. That each department operates as its own little fiefdom, or "profit center" (as you call it), is laughable.

Great real estate company

Current Employee - Realtor in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Long & Foster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to learn the ins and outs of real estate, if you take the time to ask and you want to learn they will find a way to help.

Cons

Not so much the companies fault but the real estate world is crazy in its self. Working as a full time agent and depending on 100% commission can be scary.

9. Great Real Estate Company

I have been working at Long & Foster full-time

Pros

Professional Setting, Company training, Broker is wonderful

Cons

Slow business at times. No Real Leads, Desk Duty

10. Great Company!

I worked at Long & Foster full-time

Pros

Encourage you, promote within, always advancing using technology.

Cons

Not much opportunity to advance but if you hold a position as long as you do your work you could stay there very long.

11. Best mentoring/training to prepare for contract interpretation, listing presentations to List and Purchase real estate.

Former Employee - Sales in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Long & Foster full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am confident in speaking about all of the information I learned from my Mentors at Long and Foster. My experiences with the Office Manager, a former attorney with a litigation background, showcased integrity, fairness and care when strategizing all aspects of a contract or listing agreement. The most important lesson she imparted was to always keep your client's best interests in mind. Remain a professional always.

Cons

Working with difficult clients that are unrealistic, usually coming from another region. Location is key, and market conditions matter when Real Estate has seeen an unprecedented number of foreclosures. the past should remain there, but realize the transparencies are in place, due to the 2008 financial crisis.

Advice to Management

Keep the monthly incentives to motivate Salespersons and add special bonuses for utilizing "partners."

RSS Feed </> Embed