Longwood Management Corporation

www.longwoodmgmt.com

Longwood Management Corporation Reviews

2.0

CEO

Longwood Management a decent company to work for

I worked at Longwood Management Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Willing to provide an environment for growth and learning within the budgetary constraints of most companies these days. Alot depends on the Administrator of the facility you are at so if you are considering working for them, do your research on each individual facility you might want to work for.

Cons

Legendary for their cost cutting measures, but only in non-essential areas. May be annoying to some but I thought it was attention to the little budgetary items that influenced a careful attitude re: budgets overall.

Don't bother advising upper management unless you have some creds to do so. Your facility administrator is the critical point of contact. If she/he has an "open door" policy your needs will be addressed and escalated to upper management if necessary. This is a very tradtional company, so I know this sounds stodgy but it can work for you if you have a good working relationship with your
    Administrator.

I have never worked for a company with such poor management, that treats its employees with so little respect.

Former Employee - Mission Hospice  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Mission Hospice in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Longwood Management Corporation

Pros

Co-workers (at Mission Hospice and other Longwood-owned facilities) There are some truly talented, excellent people working for this company. Often, their efforts go entirely unappreciated; ideas for improving the company are ignored.
    Patient care at Mission Hospice is decent. Most of the clinical staff is excellent.

Cons

1) Egregious nepotism. At Mission Hospice, the two top administrators (Exec.Director and Director of Admissions & Marketing) are husband and wife. All employees work under one or the other. This causes numerous conflicts of interest, and prevents employees from being able to report grievances. Furthermore, all employees recognize that when the company prospers, the two "chiefs" are the only ones who reap any benefits. There is a palpable feeling of resentment against the management here.
    2) Punitive environment. Employees are treated like children on a time-out. Examples: One key to the men's room gets misplaced; management enacts a policy that ALL employees must leave their name badge on the front desk when using the restroom. (How humiliating!) Some employees violate the office dress code; "Casual Fridays" are revoked for everyone. Management announces an "Employee Appreciation Lunch"... but its a pot-luck where the employees are expected to bring their own food. (Gee, thanks.)
    3) My experience: after several weeks of working at Mission Hospice and doing great work, I was "promoted" to a new position, given significantly more responsibilities and promised a raise and a computer station of my own (my new job entailed word processing). After several weeks in my new position and much positive feedback, they still had not increased my salary, or provided me with a computer, though it would have been easy to do so (move one from an empty office, etc). When I would bring up the issue, I was given excuses or avoided. I was also consistently given assignments that required me to stay later than my clock-out time and on multiple occasions, was prevented from taking my mandatory lunch break. Worst of all, though, was dealing with a management whose idea of leadership was based on tactics of manipulation, humiliation, discouragement, punishment and the belief that people will do anything to keep their job in this terrible economy.
      I was a faithful volunteer for Mission Hospice for six months until I became an employee. I was a dedicated employee for five months until I was fired, without cause. I had never been written up; I had never received anything except positive feedback from other employees and patients. I hope that - for the sake of the genuinely talented people who still work for Mission, and the patients they serve - Longwood makes some serious efforts to improve they way they treat their employees.

The heading of the Mission Hospice website reads "You matter because of who you are." If a company does not treat its own employees with dignity and respect, how can it honestly espouse that it cares about the "uniqueness of each individual" patient?
     1) Employee satisfaction does not preclude solvency or prosperity. Really, it doesn't.
     2) Why is MH so disorganized? Because there is NO FLOW! Some employees have way too much to do, some have too little, communication is terrible, and there is a total disconnect between the clinical staff and the rest of the staff.
     3) It wouldn't hurt to make the office a little more presentable, not quite so depressing. Give it a paint job, at least. Interviewees have actually walked out upon arrival because they didn't want to work in such a dismal environment.
    Thank you for reading.

?

I worked at Longwood Management Corporation

Pros

the only thing that is a pro about this place is the co workers. thats if youre even lucky to get great co workers.

Cons

hours, all the call offs, no one ever wants to come in to work. all the overtime, no pay raise, no overtime pay.

use registry when there are no nurses or cnas to cover a call off. pay the employees overtime pay after eight hours.

Worked for Longwood Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!