Looking Glass Children's Services

lookingglasschildren.com

Looking Glass Children's Services Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good if you need a job, but don't expect to grow within the company or get any benefits

Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) Culver City, CA

ProsThe schedule is M-F usually from 8am-2:30pm. You work independently with your client and the school that they attend. You are not required to go to the office often. You have an opportunity to work with children with special needs in the classroom setting.

ConsYou are considered an independent contractor so there are no employee benefits of any kind. No social security benefits, no health care / dental benefits, no 401K, no taxes taken out of your check. No paid holidays or paid time off (if you don't work you don't get paid). Very hard to get a raise regardless of the years you have been at the company or advancement in your education (i.e. college degrees, certificates, etc.). No mileage reimbursement regardless of how far you have to drive to get to the client' school, or if you have to travel to several different schools. All monthly in-service training (7-8 hours) and the yearly training that lasts 1 week for 5-8 hours per day is UNPAID. Employee needs are not a priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your employees needs a priority and they may want to stay there. Employees need to be compensated for their time outside of the classroom (in-service training / new hire training etc.). Employees deserve to be considered W-2 employees with benefits instead of 1099 Independent contractors with no benefits or paid time off.

Left the company because they did not pay me

Behaviorist, BII, I: I (Former Employee) Culver City, CA

ProsThey gave me a job right after college, it was fast and in my field of study. she was friendly and it was a casual work place. The trainings in the beginning were paid and they had free lunch. They also have an end of year celebration.

ConsThey stopped paying for training, which are at least half your day, but generally are an all day event. They don't have any benefits, at all. You are a sub contractor and must learn about what your responsibility with taxes are, on your own-good luck. Your assigned school area depends on where it's most convenient to them (her). The worse part of working for this company is that they do not give you the correct information so that you get paid. They just change the rules without proper notification. They did not pay me for one day of service, and that was the last straw. Unfortunately, I know there were others they did this to, also.

Advice to Senior ManagementNotifications need to be given in writing when an important change takes place. Stop trying to be "friends" with your contractors and pay them what they work for. Also, if you truly value them, make them your employees, and give them benefits.

Worked for Looking Glass Children's Services? Contribute to the Community!