Loomis Fargo & Co.

Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko

Lars Blecko

take the other job!

Armored Driver/Guard (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe people I work with at ground level, in the trenches with, are good people, we are all in this pile together so we depend on each other.

ConsYou will work 12 to 14 hour days-overtime starts at 50 hours due to the driver/guard job title. HR is not responsive to your needs for doctor appts. for you, your children or spouse. Upper mgmt. has the same attitude. They leave at a set time each day, you could be out till 8pm after coming in at 7am that day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHouston Tx. headquarters needs to be more in tune with what is going on in Dallas Tx.

Not a good experience.

Vault Teller (Former Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

ProsThe only good thing about working for Loomis Fargo is the hourly pay rate for part time employees wasn't bad, DOE over $11.00.

ConsPoor training, most positions are part time and receive no benefits. Mgt doesn't care about employees and wanted a "factory" environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need training in their own jobs. Management needs to put employees higher on their priority list.

No Job Security

AST (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsDecent hourly coworkers and decent pay

Conslow moral and no job security

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long Hours, management does not care about you

ATM Tech (Current Employee) Normal, IL

Prosover time if you want it

Consbad hours
    management does not care about your personal life
    no free time
    too many hours
    no flex in your schedule
    terrible trucks that always breakdown

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat lower management like crap, so in turn they don't treat their employees like crap.

My time at Loomis was the worst of my life

Armored Driver/Guard (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsA good company to work for if you have a lot of time.

Cons1.) Problems with the Boss. It is a major disconnect between hourly employees and management period. Loomis is the only company I have ever worked for that allows its managers to talk to people any type of way. Management has limited or no people skills at branch 3220 (Little Rock). Loomis also only takes harassment complaints seriously if its between two employees, not employees and management. My advice to people considering working at branch 3220 (Little Rock, AR) is “If you’re a yes man/women you will go a long way or have a long career at Loomis”. Some more helpful advice is to never question the ridiculous rules that “Corporate” comes up with or they will target you.
    2.) Bureaucracy and Unnecessary Rules. When it comes to Unnecessary Rules no company does it better than Loomis and the top branch for enforcing those “questionable” rules is again the Little Rock Branch. Loomis prides itself as being one of the oldest armored car companies in the world. I think its handbook was last updated when George Bush Sr. was the president (1989-1993). Also, rules apply to hourly employees and not management. A certain Supervisor/Manager breaks the first rule at least 3-5 times a day which is “Dishonesty”.
    3.) Underemployed/ See No Future If you have a college degree or any secondary education do not waste your time at Loomis unless you just want to be told what to do by some people who feel threaten by your education. They often shy away from people with college education because they do not feel as if you will stay with the company for longer than a year. There is no point in trying to put your all into Loomis because they will train a person how to do various things that are above your pay grade, but they will never pay you extra for doing extra work.
    4.) Feeling Underpaid I understand the country is in a recession, but Loomis is recession proof because they pay their employees as little as possible. Out of the last 4 years we have gotten a total of a 3.5% raise. That wouldn’t be so bad if the company treated you as if they appreciated. The Little Rock Branch feeds its overworked and underpaid employees at least 1 time a year. You better make it to the cookout before the insect do or you will be sorry.
    5.) Too Much Work/ Unrealistic Performance Expectations Loomis like all other companies have these things called performance evaluations. Well the truth behind those evaluations is they are personal opinions of your superior. I have heard more than 2 or 3 people having the same evaluation. I wonder if all the supervisors know how to evaluate anything at all. Like I mentioned earlier. Loomis is the ideal company for a “Yes man/women”.
    6.) Not Feeling Recognized This was the ultimate reason Loomis has a high turnover rate. I hear the company has done away with some of their pre-employment screening. So if you have ever been denied a chance to work for Loomis in the past now is the time to try it again. The Little Rock Branch (3220) has stopped doing lie detector test so that means you can lie if they ask if you do drugs, have a drinking problem, or if you have ever been arrested for a crime. So tell all the lies you can because it is no way for them know if you are telling a lie because they do not test for that at the Little Rock Branch (3220)
    7.) Negative Company Culture or Poor Ethics Loomis prides itself on People, Integrity, and Service. I think they should get a dictionary and define each of those words. Once they realize what the meaning of their favorite three words I’m sure they will change their motto. The motto should be Slavery, Fear, and J.O.B. (Just Over Broke)

That concludes my evaluation of the Loomis Branch located in Little Rock, AR. The best thing I have done in my life is leaving that place. If you are thinking about working at that branch I wouldn’t recommend staying longer than 18 months. That’s how long it took for me to realize what a mistake I made by staying with that branch in Little Rock, AR. Unless Loomis is willing to start your pay off at $14 bucks an hour and a guaranteed .25 cent increase every year, do not work for them. The Little Rock Branch starts you off at $11 bucks for Drivers/Guards with a .50cent increase when you become AST certified. If you get hired to work in the building they will start you off at $12 bucks an hour(Vault/Dispatch/Coin Department). Both seem like great starting pay but trust me after 5 years (if you can stay in the devils den for that long) your checks will look the same. It’s just too hard to take care of my family on that type of money. I hope this post helps a person out that is considering working for Loomis. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better!

CMS Teller not that great

CMS Teller (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsNot Many, not ran that great

Consno raises, hard vacation days, no respect, dealing with little training and people constantly upset when you dont know anything

Advice to Senior ManagementDont have just one person do the training because they dont know it all.

Lots of overtime, good benefits.

Armed Guard (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsGreat people to work with, decent benefits,

ConsToo much overtime, up to 70 hours a week.

Don't waste your time here. You're better off flipping burgers or cleaning port-o-potties

Armored Driver/Guard (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsYou do get to work with some people that share a lot of the same interests, which makes the job a little less miserable.

ConsOh my oh my where do I begin...

First and foremost, management. Management is probably the largest problem at this branch. I don't know what it's like at other branches but the management here is incomprehendably horrible! Every level of management, from the ATM manager, the route/scheduling manager, loss prevention manager, so on and so forth, all the way up to the GM, nobody has a clue whats going on. Anytime you ask for time off, be prepared to give a REALLY good explanation as to why you need time off. Even then he tries to make you feel bad for asking anything. And when they tell you "family comes first", they're just blowing smoke up your (you know what). They couldn't care less about the employee's family or feelings for that matter. Keep in mind all managers here have egos bigger than the world itself. The GM himself thinks all employees are lower than dirt and makes it well known. This company is VERY top heavy. Way too many managers and all of them don't know what's going on.
    Another big problem are their stupid PDAs. Half the managers don't know how to use them or fix them. And they're constantly breaking or not working. Our job revolves around these things and the fact that they buy unreliable equipment and don't maintain them makes the job miserable and frustrating. The trucks are constantly in need of work. The mechanics definition of a repair involves bailing wire and tape. Not exactly safe...
    Pay is not great either. For a job where (lets be honest here) the threat of being robbed or killed or both is constantly increasing, getting paid anywhere from 10.50 - 13.00 and hour, on top of the working conditions, do not really make this a very desirable job. Let me be clear, the job WAS actually fun and enjoyable BEFORE Loomis bought out the company I worked for before. Now they have turned the whole job into and aggravating chore.

This place is demoralizing and a complete joke (actually no one here finds it funny). They are constantly making new policies that have no real use in the real world, and sometimes put their own employees at more risk. They actually hinder our abilities to effectively do our jobs. If you love horrible work environments and bad management then this is the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease just spend one week doing what we do on a daily basis. Maybe then you'll understand what we deal with and all the (to be completely honest) completely unnecessary policies and regulations out forth by people that have never actually done the job themselves.

Pay is good, work is boring

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsPay is good for the position

ConsNo Holidays off, expected to put Loomis ahead of home life.

Loomis US

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome times are you able to get some OT

ConsThe way things are managed and how management treat employees could be a lot better.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a moment to reflect on your actions and show respect, appreciation, and care to your employees no matter what position they hold.

Worked for Loomis Fargo & Co.? Contribute to the Community!