Loomis Fargo & Co. Reviews

Reset
1.9
Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko
Lars Blecko

Pros
  • Good people to work with below the managerial level (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay, with benefits, days not evening shifts (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low wages, no respect, long hours, no praise at all (in 5 reviews)

• Very low pay for the life risking job (in 5 reviews)

1. ok company

Former Employee - CMS/Vault in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - CMS/Vault in Nashville, TN

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

enjoyed most of the co workers. easy job if you know how to count and manage your time correctly.

Cons

long hours! Pay was very low for the type of work they asked for. No room for growth and no confidence with supervisors.

2. Armored Technician

Former Employee - Armed Service Tech in Pierceton, IN
    Former Employee - Armed Service Tech in Pierceton, IN

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Old, ill-maintained equipment, have to supply own sidearm, expected to put life on line for very little pay.

Advice to Management

Wake up! You can't get quality people if you treat and pay them like slaves and make them use equipment that belong in a museum.

3. Not your average job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

Can almost get as many hours as you want

Cons

Hazardous work is not worth it

Disappointing

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. (More than a year)

Pros

8-5 hrs very structured schedule with most government observed holidays off

Cons

I thought this would be a great job but ended up finding lack of leadership and no shortage of blame when you mess up due to lack of training.

Driver Guard

Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Portland, OR

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They put you through training for your armed guard license

Cons

Just don't work for this company it is a dead end job and the skills so do not look good on anything.

San Antonio Branch Driver/guard One huge mistake it was to work here. I got onto loomis after relocating to San Antonio and desperately searching for a job after getting out of the military. With having served in the military I can tell you even the worse leaders in the military out preform the management at Loomis. They're very inconsistent and incompetent. It will put most of the reasons on my cons section. Do yourself a favor and pick another place to work this place is a joke. There is so much risk and responsibility for such a low wage. They have a 50% turn over rate. Their facility is a joke. They can't pay out Christmas bonus' so they have the employees submit raffle tickets to see if they're lucky enough to get one. They said they were having a Christmas party but the employees would have to pay for it. I actually thought it was a joke until I saw the sign up sheet. They expect you to drive like it's a perfect world btw you're being videotaped by the company when you drive so every little thing you do gets sent to management so they can write you up for every little thing. For an example I avoided a vehicle that pulled out to far try to turn. I simply decreased my speed and honked my horn. After I came back from a 12 hour shift I was chewed out for honking my horn overall completely ignoring the fact that I didn't hit the other car. I felt that there was racial tension inside management like they had to have an egotistical complex when I was around since I wasn't Hispanic. From what I saw the only way you get promoted is if you start ratting people out to management for stupid simplistic things. While the snitches do the same or even worse. For an example one of the shift leads has had 3 wrecks and caused them. Nothing happens. But if someone calls in sick they assume that person doesn't want to work and suspends you. As far as safety goes, the company can give a rats butt,all they care about is making a profit. They got rid of 3 man crews and it's only a driver and a hopper. If you want a bullet proof vest you're only able to choose their crappy vests that cost $400+ and only stop .45 cal. Yup that doesn't make me feel safe either. The company decided to crony out and they found a loophole where they don't have to pay there employees who do all the grunt work for overtime unless it's over 60hrs. It had something to do with the weight of the vehicle but we're not truck drivers. We get out of the dang vehicle to pick up for customers and all that jazz. As far as the trucks you drive they're straight up death traps. Air conditioner doesn't work in the summer and the heater doesn't work in the winter. The summer time will be tough for drivers since they don't have tinted windows and you basically fry in the front cab. Sweating your butt off for 12 hrs, zero breeze, and being stuck in a confined space was pretty extreme. Management and upper management doesn't care they work in their air conditioned offices and they want their profit. If you stick it out and try to get promoted you'll be surprised once again because they will only promote those rats who kiss butt. As far as pay goes it doesn't matter how much experience you have they will only give you $11.10/hr no overtime unless it's over 60hrs. They will also threaten to take your profit sharing away because you can't drive super perfect going back to the driver spy cameras that were mentioned earlier. If they even give profit sharing out. It's crazy how they can pick and choose just so they can get a bigger cut. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Even though the economy is crap I will not succumb to being a wage slave.

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time

Pros

Get to carry a gun, people think your job is like in the movies. Enjoyable if wages were better and management were more professional.

Cons

No overtime unless you work +60Hrs $11.10 base pay They only move your pay up 2% every year if they even see fit to do so Egotistical management Inconsistent Cronies Horrible trucks Ac/heater never works Company doesn't care about your safety Only rats and kiss butts get moved up. Good employees usually quit Dead end job Lies about wage increase when short handed so people don't quit Drama To much responsibility for low wage. Dirty and unkept facilities Raffling out christmas bonus Goes on...

Advice to Management

Increase the driver/guard wage Get rid of over time rule Lead by example Be consistent Don't alienate people

Think Twice

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They have branches throughout the US so you can transfer just about anywhere you want as long as the postilion is open. Also strong financials giving company great stability.

Cons

WAS a great company to work for. Cared about their people and was a great working environment with many opportunities to move up the ladder. In 2014 a new CEO/President took the helm for the US division. This is a company doing over 500 billion and profits of 500 million a year. The new CEO is ruthless monster with an ego the size of Texas. His rule has completely changed this company to the point that every employee is scared to death about whether they will have a job tomorrow. His personality regarding the company employees is driven by his lack of caring about the Loomis people. All he cares about is cutting cost no matter who it hurts and what it takes. This is all to make himself more money and make himself look better then the previous CEO. He is single handily destroying what was a great company. Be concerned if you apply, here today gone tomorrow with no reason other then to cut cost.

9. CMS Teller

Former Employee - CMS Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - CMS Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Don't trust CMS Manager , High Turnover.

Cons

CMS Manager will lie to your face.

Advice to Management

Pittsburgh Pa, CMS Manager has never taken time off, not even for her mothers funeral or when her daughter passed away. Why? ( is there a time off policy?) She would never train a back up. One day one of the other girls asked me to verify an overage of $700.00 dollars and we counted it 3 times the CMS Manager asked us to give her the overage and she would take care of it. She would also state that she ran the Branch. In 4 years I saw 4 Branch Managers the last one started to turn the Branch around,but she didn't like him. He audited her cash and coin and found an overage of almost $20,000 and had her deposit it in to the Loomis account. From that point on she made comments that he had to go. Why doesn't anyone ask the people in CMS about her? HR Hello ! There was allot of red flags in CMS , covering shortages , overages would get balanced out.

10. Terrible

Current Employee - Tech
    Current Employee - Tech

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing worst company ever no days off.

Cons

Long hours 12 cent per year pay raise company paying slave wages.

11. If its your only option!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

All federal government holidays off

Cons

Poor pay for what you actually do. Tons of under performing coworkers skating by because managment will not fire them. Turnover is greater then any other company i have ever seen. Training is horrible. Managment is very poor.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and attention to training! The best and brightest employees are turning and running after few months.

RSS Feed </> Embed