Loomis Fargo & Co.

Updated December 10, 2014
1.6

Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko
Lars Blecko

Pros
  • Good people to work with below the managerial level (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay for the job, not having to work with the general public (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low wages, no respect, long hours, no praise at all (in 5 reviews)

• Very low pay for the life risking job (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

San Antonio Branch Driver/guard
    One huge mistake it was to work here. I got onto loomis after relocating to San Antonio and desperately searching for a job after getting out of the military. With having served in the military I can tell you even the worse leaders in the military out preform the management at Loomis. They're very inconsistent and incompetent. It will put most of the reasons on my cons section. Do yourself a favor and pick another place to work this place is a joke. There is so much risk and responsibility for such a low wage. They have a 50% turn over rate. Their facility is a joke. They can't pay out Christmas bonus' so they have the employees submit raffle tickets to see if they're lucky enough to get one. They said they were having a Christmas party but the employees would have to pay for it. I actually thought it was a joke until I saw the sign up sheet. They expect you to drive like it's a perfect world btw you're being videotaped by the company when you drive so every little thing you do gets sent to management so they can write you up for every little thing. For an example I avoided a vehicle that pulled out to far try to turn. I simply decreased my speed and honked my horn. After I came back from a 12 hour shift I was chewed out for honking my horn overall completely ignoring the fact that I didn't hit the other car. I felt that there was racial tension inside management like they had to have an egotistical complex when I was around since I wasn't Hispanic. From what I saw the only way you get promoted is if you start ratting people out to management for stupid simplistic things. While the snitches do the same or even worse. For an example one of the shift leads has had 3 wrecks and caused them. Nothing happens. But if someone calls in sick they assume that person doesn't want to work and suspends you. As far as safety goes, the company can give a rats butt,all they care about is making a profit. They got rid of 3 man crews and it's only a driver and a hopper. If you want a bullet proof vest you're only able to choose their crappy vests that cost $400+ and only stop .45 cal. Yup that doesn't make me feel safe either. The company decided to crony out and they found a loophole where they don't have to pay there employees who do all the grunt work for overtime unless it's over 60hrs. It had something to do with the weight of the vehicle but we're not truck drivers. We get out of the dang vehicle to pick up for customers and all that jazz. As far as the trucks you drive they're straight up death traps. Air conditioner doesn't work in the summer and the heater doesn't work in the winter. The summer time will be tough for drivers since they don't have tinted windows and you basically fry in the front cab. Sweating your butt off for 12 hrs, zero breeze, and being stuck in a confined space was pretty extreme. Management and upper management doesn't care they work in their air conditioned offices and they want their profit. If you stick it out and try to get promoted you'll be surprised once again because they will only promote those rats who kiss butt. As far as pay goes it doesn't matter how much experience you have they will only give you $11.10/hr no overtime unless it's over 60hrs. They will also threaten to take your profit sharing away because you can't drive super perfect going back to the driver spy cameras that were mentioned earlier. If they even give profit sharing out. It's crazy how they can pick and choose just so they can get a bigger cut. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Even though the economy is crap I will not succumb to being a wage slave.

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time

Pros

Get to carry a gun, people think your job is like in the movies. Enjoyable if wages were better and management were more professional.

Cons

No overtime unless you work +60Hrs
    $11.10 base pay
    They only move your pay up 2% every year if they even see fit to do so
    Egotistical management
    Inconsistent
    Cronies
    Horrible trucks
    Ac/heater never works
    Company doesn't care about your safety
    Only rats and kiss butts get moved up.
    Good employees usually quit
    Dead end job
    Lies about wage increase when short handed so people don't quit
    Drama
    To much responsibility for low wage.
    Dirty and unkept facilities
    Raffling out christmas bonus
    Goes on...

Increase the driver/guard wage
    Get rid of over time rule
    Lead by example
    Be consistent
    Don't alienate people

Working for Loomis Fargo & Co.

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management team is awesome. Employees are all very welcoming. You carry a gun of your choice. lots of overtime. training was very fun. You get to see a lot of cities in one day.

Cons

You have to drive to Highland park ;(

Keep doing what you are doing. They bought us lunch everyday of training. Really nice and informative training plan.

Great Place to Work Very Challenging

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

Busy, difficult and good co workers

Cons

Learn as you go and demanding

vault custodian

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fast paced, never boring, helpful co-workers

Cons

pay could be better, hours can vary depending on workload

management was very good

Good place to work, learn, and grow, but little room for advancement.

Former Employee - Computer Technical Support in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Computer Technical Support in Houston, TX

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I had lots of hands-on opportunities to learn. It was a friendly teamwork environment. Helpnwas readily available. Hours were flexible.

Cons

There is a strong emphasis on you-must-produce, strong emphasis on statistical numbers, not all tools all available

I'd suggest to give more concrete weekly goals as needed when requested

Great place to work but need to make sure you are very precise and meticulous with details.

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

Good pay for the job, not having to work with the general public

Cons

Hard to get full time work

It's What You Make of It

Former Employee - Armored Service Tech in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Armored Service Tech in Boston, MA

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job Security, they transferred me across the country even though they didn't have to. It was a huge help with a job in a new city. They worked to find a place for me. They do seem to hire a certain kind of person for ATM Techs/ Money Couriers. Good people

Cons

Upward mobility, no training, few raises.

Little attention paid to employees. Fruit gift baskets after a robbery don't quite cut it.

Another Job

Current Employee - Driver/ATM Technician in Westfield, MA
    Current Employee - Driver/ATM Technician in Westfield, MA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, with benefits, days not evening shifts.

Cons

Challenging and fast pace job.

Lots of overtime, good benefits.

Former Employee - Armed Guard in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Armed Guard in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, decent benefits,

Cons

Too much overtime, up to 70 hours a week.

It's a sausage grinder.

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

There is an overall feeling that you are being productive. You are given the freedom to make decisions on your own.

Cons

Extremely demanding on time. Days averaged 12 hours, and more. You were on call 24/7 and usually got at least one call from corporate on the weekends. You could never reach corporate if you needed to call them back.

Our CEO of the US needs to take a hard look at his "district vice-presidents." More than a couple are lacking people skills. Stop MAKING your employees work the ridiculous hours, and show them that you care about something other than the Swedish krona the stock is trading at.