Loomis Fargo & Co.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko

Lars Blecko

lack of TRAINING!!!!!!! on Atm.

Armored Driver/Guard (Current Employee) Richmond, CA

ProsGetting along with your partner.

ConsNot getting RESPECT, so called "bragging rights" how fast you can finish your route with out taking your lunch break,or your two 10 min brakes. your not going to get a raise by going to fast. Benefits SUCKS your going to pay $325.00 for family every two weeks that's $650.00 a month at $14.25.

Advice to Senior Managementhave some back bone to support your workers.

would be good if.

ProsNo Pros except the scraps given for risking your life does pay some bills.

Conseverything...no overtime pay, overworked underpaid, expensive benefits, no room for growth. The definition of a dead end job.

Advice to Senior Managementpay employees more, more room for advancement, better benefits.

Driver/Messenger

Armored Driver/Guard/Messenger (Former Employee) Riverside, MO

ProsI wouldn't give this company any Pros, except they are quick to hire ANYONE.

ConsBad pay, Bad raises (1% a year), bay employers, bad co-workers, bad environment. No one cares about each other, including management. Want to file a complaint or harassment.. it'll just stay "under investigation" and that's as far as that will go. All they care about is their money, not yours. Cap pay is $15/hr. They don't care about your personal well-being in bad weather, family deaths (made it a big deal when I had to attend a funeral and had to ask for someone to cover my shift). Not enough employees because no one wants to stay, so good luck getting vacation, vacation you don't "earn" until after two years. Transportation gets the bad end of the stick from other departments. Want a job... find somewhere else. This is NOT the company to work for. They don't care about you

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never felt so unappreciated at a job and no room for growth.

Armed Service Tech (Current Employee)

ProsWomen like a man who wears a uniform and carries a gun.
    Lifting coin is a great workout.
    You learn the area that you work inside and out.

ConsYou'll never be appreciated regardless of how hard you work.
    Long hours, never know when you'll get out of work.
    Management is typically given to seniority rather than who deserves it.
    The job is dangerous. Always have to watch your back. Good people killed while protecting someone else's money.
    Pay is horrible.
    Good luck getting time off to interview elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake tips from the people doing the job. Quit making policies that slow us down and then expect us to go faster.

Just a terrible experience

CMS/Teller (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsWorking closely with people you really like and care about.

ConsMANAGEMENT.
    Terrible about explaining what they expect from you up front.
    Micro Managing to the fullest.
    Unexpected excessive overtime.(you are told "occasional" overtime' turns out much more than "occasional
    Don't care about you family or home life.
    Expected to stay until everything has been balanced no matter how late; and even if it is by the time you're SUPPOSED to get off you're still guilt tripped into staying even later.
    If you're having a hard time financially and it comes time for you to have a gun and you tell them you can't afford it; it doesn't matter they'll fire you anyway.
    Huge turn over rate due to such ridiculous strict rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementMakes sure hiring managers are informing Interviewee's the exact requirements of the job; not just sugar coating things knowing their experience is worth semi lying to get them trapped there.
    Get organized.
    Care about your employees; that might be a big reason for such a big turnover?
    Nobody is perfect can we just please realize this one certain fact? I realize your business is based on perfection, but being logical is going to make you more money. People are in fact HUMAN believe it or not.

take the other job!

Armored Driver/Guard (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe people I work with at ground level, in the trenches with, are good people, we are all in this pile together so we depend on each other.

ConsYou will work 12 to 14 hour days-overtime starts at 50 hours due to the driver/guard job title. HR is not responsive to your needs for doctor appts. for you, your children or spouse. Upper mgmt. has the same attitude. They leave at a set time each day, you could be out till 8pm after coming in at 7am that day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHouston Tx. headquarters needs to be more in tune with what is going on in Dallas Tx.

Not a good experience.

Vault Teller (Former Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

ProsThe only good thing about working for Loomis Fargo is the hourly pay rate for part time employees wasn't bad, DOE over $11.00.

ConsPoor training, most positions are part time and receive no benefits. Mgt doesn't care about employees and wanted a "factory" environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need training in their own jobs. Management needs to put employees higher on their priority list.

No Job Security

AST (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsDecent hourly coworkers and decent pay

Conslow moral and no job security

Long Hours, management does not care about you

ATM Tech (Current Employee) Normal, IL

Prosover time if you want it

Consbad hours
    management does not care about your personal life
    no free time
    too many hours
    no flex in your schedule
    terrible trucks that always breakdown

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat lower management like crap, so in turn they don't treat their employees like crap.

My time at Loomis was the worst of my life

Armored Driver/Guard (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsA good company to work for if you have a lot of time.

Cons1.) Problems with the Boss. It is a major disconnect between hourly employees and management period. Loomis is the only company I have ever worked for that allows its managers to talk to people any type of way. Management has limited or no people skills at branch 3220 (Little Rock). Loomis also only takes harassment complaints seriously if its between two employees, not employees and management. My advice to people considering working at branch 3220 (Little Rock, AR) is “If you’re a yes man/women you will go a long way or have a long career at Loomis”. Some more helpful advice is to never question the ridiculous rules that “Corporate” comes up with or they will target you.
    2.) Bureaucracy and Unnecessary Rules. When it comes to Unnecessary Rules no company does it better than Loomis and the top branch for enforcing those “questionable” rules is again the Little Rock Branch. Loomis prides itself as being one of the oldest armored car companies in the world. I think its handbook was last updated when George Bush Sr. was the president (1989-1993). Also, rules apply to hourly employees and not management. A certain Supervisor/Manager breaks the first rule at least 3-5 times a day which is “Dishonesty”.
    3.) Underemployed/ See No Future If you have a college degree or any secondary education do not waste your time at Loomis unless you just want to be told what to do by some people who feel threaten by your education. They often shy away from people with college education because they do not feel as if you will stay with the company for longer than a year. There is no point in trying to put your all into Loomis because they will train a person how to do various things that are above your pay grade, but they will never pay you extra for doing extra work.
    4.) Feeling Underpaid I understand the country is in a recession, but Loomis is recession proof because they pay their employees as little as possible. Out of the last 4 years we have gotten a total of a 3.5% raise. That wouldn’t be so bad if the company treated you as if they appreciated. The Little Rock Branch feeds its overworked and underpaid employees at least 1 time a year. You better make it to the cookout before the insect do or you will be sorry.
    5.) Too Much Work/ Unrealistic Performance Expectations Loomis like all other companies have these things called performance evaluations. Well the truth behind those evaluations is they are personal opinions of your superior. I have heard more than 2 or 3 people having the same evaluation. I wonder if all the supervisors know how to evaluate anything at all. Like I mentioned earlier. Loomis is the ideal company for a “Yes man/women”.
    6.) Not Feeling Recognized This was the ultimate reason Loomis has a high turnover rate. I hear the company has done away with some of their pre-employment screening. So if you have ever been denied a chance to work for Loomis in the past now is the time to try it again. The Little Rock Branch (3220) has stopped doing lie detector test so that means you can lie if they ask if you do drugs, have a drinking problem, or if you have ever been arrested for a crime. So tell all the lies you can because it is no way for them know if you are telling a lie because they do not test for that at the Little Rock Branch (3220)
    7.) Negative Company Culture or Poor Ethics Loomis prides itself on People, Integrity, and Service. I think they should get a dictionary and define each of those words. Once they realize what the meaning of their favorite three words I’m sure they will change their motto. The motto should be Slavery, Fear, and J.O.B. (Just Over Broke)

That concludes my evaluation of the Loomis Branch located in Little Rock, AR. The best thing I have done in my life is leaving that place. If you are thinking about working at that branch I wouldn’t recommend staying longer than 18 months. That’s how long it took for me to realize what a mistake I made by staying with that branch in Little Rock, AR. Unless Loomis is willing to start your pay off at $14 bucks an hour and a guaranteed .25 cent increase every year, do not work for them. The Little Rock Branch starts you off at $11 bucks for Drivers/Guards with a .50cent increase when you become AST certified. If you get hired to work in the building they will start you off at $12 bucks an hour(Vault/Dispatch/Coin Department). Both seem like great starting pay but trust me after 5 years (if you can stay in the devils den for that long) your checks will look the same. It’s just too hard to take care of my family on that type of money. I hope this post helps a person out that is considering working for Loomis. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better!

Worked for Loomis Fargo & Co.? Contribute to the Community!