Loomis Fargo & Co.

Updated October 9, 2014
1.5

Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko
Lars Blecko

Pros
  • Good people to work with below the managerial level (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay for the job, not having to work with the general public (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the life risking job (in 5 reviews)

• VERY long hours, and if you lived a while away like I did, the extra money won't mean a thing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a good experience.

Former Employee - Vault Teller in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Vault Teller in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only good thing about working for Loomis Fargo is the hourly pay rate for part time employees wasn't bad, DOE over $11.00.

Cons

Poor training, most positions are part time and receive no benefits. Mgt doesn't care about employees and wanted a "factory" environment.

They need training in their own jobs. Management needs to put employees higher on their priority list.

No Job Security

Current Employee - AST in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - AST in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent hourly coworkers and decent pay

Cons

low moral and no job security

Long Hours, management does not care about you

Current Employee - ATM Tech in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - ATM Tech in Normal, IL

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

over time if you want it

Cons

bad hours
    management does not care about your personal life
    no free time
    too many hours
    no flex in your schedule
    terrible trucks that always breakdown

Don't treat lower management like crap, so in turn they don't treat their employees like crap.

My time at Loomis was the worst of my life

Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good company to work for if you have a lot of time.

Cons

1.) Problems with the Boss. It is a major disconnect between hourly employees and management period. Loomis is the only company I have ever worked for that allows its managers to talk to people any type of way. Management has limited or no people skills at branch 3220 (Little Rock). Loomis also only takes harassment complaints seriously if its between two employees, not employees and management. My advice to people considering working at branch 3220 (Little Rock, AR) is “If you’re a yes man/women you will go a long way or have a long career at Loomis”. Some more helpful advice is to never question the ridiculous rules that “Corporate” comes up with or they will target you.
    2.) Bureaucracy and Unnecessary Rules. When it comes to Unnecessary Rules no company does it better than Loomis and the top branch for enforcing those “questionable” rules is again the Little Rock Branch. Loomis prides itself as being one of the oldest armored car companies in the world. I think its handbook was last updated when George Bush Sr. was the president (1989-1993). Also, rules apply to hourly employees and not management. A certain Supervisor/Manager breaks the first rule at least 3-5 times a day which is “Dishonesty”.
    3.) Underemployed/ See No Future If you have a college degree or any secondary education do not waste your time at Loomis unless you just want to be told what to do by some people who feel threaten by your education. They often shy away from people with college education because they do not feel as if you will stay with the company for longer than a year. There is no point in trying to put your all into Loomis because they will train a person how to do various things that are above your pay grade, but they will never pay you extra for doing extra work.
    4.) Feeling Underpaid I understand the country is in a recession, but Loomis is recession proof because they pay their employees as little as possible. Out of the last 4 years we have gotten a total of a 3.5% raise. That wouldn’t be so bad if the company treated you as if they appreciated. The Little Rock Branch feeds its overworked and underpaid employees at least 1 time a year. You better make it to the cookout before the insect do or you will be sorry.
    5.) Too Much Work/ Unrealistic Performance Expectations Loomis like all other companies have these things called performance evaluations. Well the truth behind those evaluations is they are personal opinions of your superior. I have heard more than 2 or 3 people having the same evaluation. I wonder if all the supervisors know how to evaluate anything at all. Like I mentioned earlier. Loomis is the ideal company for a “Yes man/women”.
    6.) Not Feeling Recognized This was the ultimate reason Loomis has a high turnover rate. I hear the company has done away with some of their pre-employment screening. So if you have ever been denied a chance to work for Loomis in the past now is the time to try it again. The Little Rock Branch (3220) has stopped doing lie detector test so that means you can lie if they ask if you do drugs, have a drinking problem, or if you have ever been arrested for a crime. So tell all the lies you can because it is no way for them know if you are telling a lie because they do not test for that at the Little Rock Branch (3220)
    7.) Negative Company Culture or Poor Ethics Loomis prides itself on People, Integrity, and Service. I think they should get a dictionary and define each of those words. Once they realize what the meaning of their favorite three words I’m sure they will change their motto. The motto should be Slavery, Fear, and J.O.B. (Just Over Broke)

That concludes my evaluation of the Loomis Branch located in Little Rock, AR. The best thing I have done in my life is leaving that place. If you are thinking about working at that branch I wouldn’t recommend staying longer than 18 months. That’s how long it took for me to realize what a mistake I made by staying with that branch in Little Rock, AR. Unless Loomis is willing to start your pay off at $14 bucks an hour and a guaranteed .25 cent increase every year, do not work for them. The Little Rock Branch starts you off at $11 bucks for Drivers/Guards with a .50cent increase when you become AST certified. If you get hired to work in the building they will start you off at $12 bucks an hour(Vault/Dispatch/Coin Department). Both seem like great starting pay but trust me after 5 years (if you can stay in the devils den for that long) your checks will look the same. It’s just too hard to take care of my family on that type of money. I hope this post helps a person out that is considering working for Loomis. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

Do better!

CMS Teller not that great

Current Employee - CMS Teller in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - CMS Teller in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time

Pros

Not Many, not ran that great

Cons

no raises, hard vacation days, no respect, dealing with little training and people constantly upset when you dont know anything

Dont have just one person do the training because they dont know it all.

Lots of overtime, good benefits.

Former Employee - Armed Guard in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Armed Guard in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, decent benefits,

Cons

Too much overtime, up to 70 hours a week.

Don't waste your time here. You're better off flipping burgers or cleaning port-o-potties

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Portland, OR

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

You do get to work with some people that share a lot of the same interests, which makes the job a little less miserable.

Cons

Oh my oh my where do I begin...

First and foremost, management. Management is probably the largest problem at this branch. I don't know what it's like at other branches but the management here is incomprehendably horrible! Every level of management, from the ATM manager, the route/scheduling manager, loss prevention manager, so on and so forth, all the way up to the GM, nobody has a clue whats going on. Anytime you ask for time off, be prepared to give a REALLY good explanation as to why you need time off. Even then he tries to make you feel bad for asking anything. And when they tell you "family comes first", they're just blowing smoke up your (you know what). They couldn't care less about the employee's family or feelings for that matter. Keep in mind all managers here have egos bigger than the world itself. The GM himself thinks all employees are lower than dirt and makes it well known. This company is VERY top heavy. Way too many managers and all of them don't know what's going on.
    Another big problem are their stupid PDAs. Half the managers don't know how to use them or fix them. And they're constantly breaking or not working. Our job revolves around these things and the fact that they buy unreliable equipment and don't maintain them makes the job miserable and frustrating. The trucks are constantly in need of work. The mechanics definition of a repair involves bailing wire and tape. Not exactly safe...
    Pay is not great either. For a job where (lets be honest here) the threat of being robbed or killed or both is constantly increasing, getting paid anywhere from 10.50 - 13.00 and hour, on top of the working conditions, do not really make this a very desirable job. Let me be clear, the job WAS actually fun and enjoyable BEFORE Loomis bought out the company I worked for before. Now they have turned the whole job into and aggravating chore.

This place is demoralizing and a complete joke (actually no one here finds it funny). They are constantly making new policies that have no real use in the real world, and sometimes put their own employees at more risk. They actually hinder our abilities to effectively do our jobs. If you love horrible work environments and bad management then this is the place for you!

Please just spend one week doing what we do on a daily basis. Maybe then you'll understand what we deal with and all the (to be completely honest) completely unnecessary policies and regulations out forth by people that have never actually done the job themselves.

Pay is good, work is boring

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

Pay is good for the position

Cons

No Holidays off, expected to put Loomis ahead of home life.

Loomis US

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

Some times are you able to get some OT

Cons

The way things are managed and how management treat employees could be a lot better.

Please take a moment to reflect on your actions and show respect, appreciation, and care to your employees no matter what position they hold.

Dead end.

Current Employee - Armed Service Tech in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Armed Service Tech in Portland, OR

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

You carry a weapon everywhere even into PDX, people see your job as vital.

Cons

You are a walking target 24/7.

Go out on a route once a month. Remember the Job.