Loomis

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jarl Dahlfors

Driving an armored truck

Armed Technician (Current Employee)
    Arden, NC

Prosnot being cooped up, being able to see western North Carolina.

ConsThe pay is not near enough for the risks involved, and not enough care is being given to the items that need attention.
    The "supervisor" has little to NO supervisory experience and looks for ways to put negative things in personnel files, there is no lifting up of the employees, and there is a lack of trust in the crews.

Advice to Senior ManagementLIGHTEN UP!

Decent management and entry pay with little room for growth.

Armored Service Tech (Current Employee)
    Springfield, VA

ProsDecent pay upon entry.
    Firearm training paid by company.
    Ability to meet different people daily.
    Ability to take breaks at leisure.

ConsLong hours with no overtime pay as an Armored Service Technician.
    Management can fail in performance, only in my experience.
    Only three paid holidays.
    Benefits kick in after a minimum of 3 months with the company.
    Must purchase own vest and weapon.

What did I get myself into?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet free food/drinks from some customer locations. Get to carry a gun but you will likely be shot before you ever get to use it... criminals and law enforcement know this.Heck read the news and you can figure it out. Being left alone when you are out doing your job. Trucks were better than Garda's and Dunbar's but not by much.

ConsPay, pay raises, benefits, no growth, opportunities do exist because of turnover which is high even in higher positions, yet pay for even those high positions is low when compared to risks and responsibilities, management doesn't care if you are a high performer or a low performer, to management you'r just a liability and a drain on budget, they would replace you with robots in a heart beat is the feeling you get from them, this industry is bad, scheduling is a nightmare, and respect is never given to you by anyone from above.

Advice to Senior ManagementIs there an egg on your chair that your trying to incubate? You'r chairs are not cold blooded, they wont die if you get off them.... seriously what is the reason why you upper level bozo's can't get out of your offices and start taking a good hard look at what actually happens at your facilities.
    You all need to strap up and run a few stops. That will open your eyes!

Or is it just that its easier to stay in your offices while you lye to use, rather than look us in the eyes when your doing it?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Garbageman Make More!

Driver/Guard (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsNOTHING
    None
    Nothing
    Your kidding me
    Yet you could be promoted easily because of the high amount of turnover, but keep in mind that you will regret that decision later in life.

ConsI'd give less than one star if it was possible.

Company is operated like a sweatshop
    Scheduling very inconstant
    Bad work environment
    Ancient facilities and equipment
    Under-educated and ill prepared managers
    No leadership exists here
    Poor training if any
    Orientation period is poor
    No overtime pay

Advice to Senior ManagementYour industry makes billions just like other similar industries, yet you don't pay us the ones who die for your company what we deserve.

You do know that mailmen, truckdrivers, garbageman, Fedex, and Ups all do the same thing and make more. O and they don't get killed either. Can someone say INCOME DISPARITY ?

Started great, but not anymore...

Driver/Guard (Current Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsDecent starting pay, benefits are on the bottom line of "OK"

ConsManagement changed 3 times at my branch since starting 3 years ago. The current management doesn't seem to listen to the employees advice for setting up routes most efficiently, nor do they seem to take our input seriously. One particular manager also tries to micromanage almost everything at the branch, and has stepped on many of my coworkers toes in doing so. Oh yeah, and if you are a driver/guard/tech you don't get overtime until after 48 hours because apparently the job qualifies for the DoT Motor Carrier exemption (which I still fail to understand). Branch is poorly maintained, trucks are poorly maintained, most of the driver/guard/techs don't clean up after themselves. Another thing, the branches are basically franchises in a sense, in that we're restricted to the profits our branch pulls in, thusly contributing to the poor maintenance and overall poor working conditions. Of course, this is mind boggling because even when we were supposedly losing money, or barely making any profit, the management was still trying to hire more new people. They also tend to penalize you if you get overtime, which considering the nature of the driver/guard/tech job is pretty much guaranteed to happen because of the often unpredictable nature of the routes, or due to being switched due to call offs.

Also, you cannot have a life with this job (ie make plans for after work) for several reasons. First off, if you're scheduled on a particular route that has an average timeframe of, for example, 7 1/2 hours, and someone calls off and you get lucky enough to be picked to switch to fill in the call off spot, your timeframe could skyrocket to 9-10 hours, thusly interfering with or completely ruining your plans for after work. I was literally told by management once, after frustratedly confronting them about a change in route that ruined my plans for the day after work, "Why are you making plans in the first place? You shouldn't be making plans, you're supposed to be flexible."

My biggest problem, however, is the fact that the upper management is not taking the advice of the driver guards and techs regarding route safety, in that routes that used to have 3 man crews now have only 2 man crews. They also didn't consider this during the holiday season, when crime rates naturally go up, and their poor decisions regarding this lead to the death of one of our coworkers who was robbed and killed on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the advice of those involved in lower operations (driver guards, techs, vault) more seriously. We've been doing this stuff much longer than you have, and yet you think you know how to best run this level of operations.

Loomis is hell on earth.

Driver/Guard/MG (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

ProsOvertime..... that's it. Nothing good comes from working here. It is the 8th circle of hell. If I could leave I would.

ConsVery long days. Supervisors that believe in working harder and not smarter. Basically look for reasons to write you up or fire you. Threaten you with your job if you attempt to call in sick. Outdated equipment. A/c that barely works when you need it in 120 degree heat. People have literally killed themselves to get out of working here

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn your damn job and actually do it.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Stop gap job.Don't think retirement.

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSteady work, benefits, action packed;

ConsLong hours; dangerous - life threatening. Unprofessional branch managers. Work /life balance not considered. Extremely high employee turn over rate. Management will talk down to you like a dog. Opportunity to improve safety for personnel. Always undermanned due to low hourly pay. Managers must fill in for the manning shortage. No overtime or bonus for most managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate poverty mentality. Become fair and professional to employees and cusomers.

Keep looking!!!!

Driver/Guard (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGood employee's, yep that's the only good thing.

ConsManagers, pay, benefits, hours, have to work over 50 hours to get OT, go on vacation they are only to pay you forty hours.No where to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementY'all suck!!!, I'm glad I walked off and never looked back

Albany NY good at one time now it sucks.

Driver/Guard (Former Employee)
    Albany, NY

ProsPoor leadership and little time off/lots of low paying hours.

ConsTrying to get time off to go to a doctor and get a vacation. Trucks are old need many repairs trying to save money buy fixing only needed to keep on the road to pass inspection. New trucks are junk and ONE man trucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to get a life and learn how to work with employees. Albany sucks at this at all levels. Management comes in at 0600 and leaves at 1400 and that's all they care about is what's in it for them and no care for the employees. It should be team work for all.

Growth

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe best in the business and growing aggressively. Lots of opportunity if you are willing to put in the work.

ConsCan be long hours, but overall not too bad. Hourly positions are not paid enough for what they do, but this is an industry issue, not just Loomis. Training has suffered due to recent growth and the employees and customers ultimately pay the price.

Worked for Loomis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Loomis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Loomis CEO Jarl Dahlfors. All 43 reviews posted anonymously by Loomis employees.